Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Konor3inch #585225 11/24/20 11:59 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Konor3inch
....As you may or may not know the catalyst that caused me to dispute posts on this forum was the posting of facts surrounding the handgun ban in Scotland post Dunblane . So the point made by yourself about passing comment with little knowledge or understanding of the situation is apt....

I believe you have had much more to comment about than the post Dunblane handgun ban. In a nutshell, you have commented that handguns were permissible for target shooting. Was the Dunblane shooter, target shooting, or are you able to extrapolate quite a bit of personal bias in relation to your, not anyone elses handgun ban?

Konor3inch #585226 11/24/20 12:05 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Death Tolls in Recent United Kingdom Mass Murders:

Hungerford Massacre-- 17 Killed including shooter. Weapon- M1 Carbine

Dunblane Massacre-- 18 Killed including shooter. Weapon- 9 m/m Browning pistol

2005 London Bombings-- 52 Killed including bomber. Weapon-- Al Qaeda Muslim Suicide Bomb

2017 Manchester Arena Bombing-- 23 Killed- Weapon Islamic Suicide Bomb

Lockerbie Bombing of Pan Am Flight 103-- 259 Passengers killed and 11 people killed on the ground for a total of 270 dead. Weapon-- Bomb planted by Muslim terrorist

It appears that there are certainly more efficient ways to murder innocent people than by criminal misuse of firearms!

Konor3inch wants to stop political discussions... but Konor3inch also can't help himself from getting into political discussions and propagating his anti-gun and anti 2nd Amendment beliefs on a U.S. of A. firearms forum. In fact, Konor3inch started his very first reply in this ridiculous off-topic thread with this:

Thank you for replying craigd. In my defence I would say that to state an opposing view is not trolling and that everyone should be free to state an opinion and have it debated ...

Konor3inch then went on to cry that being ridiculed or otherwise taken to task for holding anti-gun beliefs amounts to a form of censorship. Konor3inch's solution is... you guessed it... censorship of politics.

Konor3inch wants us all to just get along, and simply forget about the anti-gunners in our midst. That is the essence of the so-called "Big Tent" that we are encouraged to support.

That is ridiculous. It is about as stupid as bringing a colony of termites into a wood framed house, or hiring a pedophile to babysit your children. We have been locked in a 70 year war of attrition where anti-gunners relentlessly work to whittle away the Constitutional firearms rights of law abiding citizens. Those gun owners and shooters who support and vote for anti-gun politicians are actually a worse threat to our gun rights than the people they support. It is time to stop pretending that they are not undermining our rights and freedoms.

One very inconvenient fact is that political discussions that frequently get more views and responses than the Threads about Double Guns. And quite a few here who claim they find them distasteful or unacceptable simply can't resist reading or jumping in.

canvasback provided Konor3inch with a perfect solution to his discontent. He can simply go to 16 Gauge Society or Upland Journal, where political discussions are not permitted.

Good riddance!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

craigd #585227 11/24/20 12:13 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
....As you may or may not know the catalyst that caused me to dispute posts on this forum was the posting of facts surrounding the handgun ban in Scotland post Dunblane . So the point made by yourself about passing comment with little knowledge or understanding of the situation is apt....

I believe you have had much more to comment about than the post Dunblane handgun ban. In a nutshell, you have commented that handguns were permissible for target shooting. Was the Dunblane shooter, target shooting, or are you able to extrapolate quite a bit of personal bias in relation to your, not anyone elses handgun ban?

The simplest answer to that would be
Were the majority of Scots in favour of a handgun ban post Dunblane ? I would contend that by far the majority of Scots favoured a ban.
The fact that a Conservative government brought in that ban ,with the agreement of the Labour Party only shows that the Government was comfortable in going against the wishes of those that opposed a ban and resulted in the outlawing of most handgun ownership.

keith #585231 11/24/20 12:30 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
Death Tolls in Recent United Kingdom Mass Murders:

Hungerford Massacre-- 17 Killed including shooter. Weapon- M1 Carbine

Dunblane Massacre-- 18 Killed including shooter. Weapon- 9 m/m Browning pistol

Lockerbie Bombing of Pan Am Flight 103-- 259 Passengers killed and 11 people killed on the ground for a total of 270 dead. Weapon-- Bomb planted by Muslim terrorist

It appears that there are certainly more efficient ways to murder innocent people than by criminal misuse of firearms!

Konor3inch wants to stop political discussions... but Konor3inch also can't help himself from getting into political discussions and propagating his anti-gun and anti 2nd Amendment beliefs on a U.S. of A. firearms forum. In fact, Konor3inch started his very first reply in this ridiculous off-topic thread with this:

Thank you for replying craigd. In my defence I would say that to state an opposing view is not trolling and that everyone should be free to state an opinion and have it debated ...

Konor3inch then went on to cry that being ridiculed or otherwise taken to task for holding anti-gun beliefs amounts to a form of censorship. Konor3inch's solution is... you guessed it... censorship of politics.

Konor3inch wants us all to just get along, and simply forget about the anti-gunners in our midst. That is the essence of the so-called "Big Tent" that we are encouraged to support.

That is ridiculous. It is about as stupid as bringing a colony of termites into a wood framed house, or hiring a pedophile to babysit your children. We have been locked in a 70 year war of attrition where anti-gunners relentlessly work to whittle away the Constitutional firearms rights of law abiding citizens. Those gun owners and shooters who support and vote for anti-gun politicians are actually a worse threat to our gun rights than the people they support. It is time to stop pretending that they are not undermining our rights and freedoms.

One very inconvenient fact is that political discussions that frequently get more views and responses than the Threads about Double Guns. And quite a few here who claim they find them distasteful or unacceptable simply can't resist reading or jumping in.

canvasback provided Konor3inch with a perfect solution to his discontent. He can simply go to 16 Gauge Society or Upland Journal, where political discussions are not permitted.

Good riddance!

Your interpretation of my posts are consistently unique .
Is your argument that until firearms misuse results in the number of casualties inflicted by a terrorist bombing of a plane that it is of no consequence?
It has been stated that the requirement to be armed rests on the freedom to oppose a tyrannical government but all I am seeing is the stockpiling of arms and ammunition in response to social insecurity.
I have already stated that your right to arm yourself is of no consequence to me so fill your boots, your government on the whole makes that easy for you to do.What I am also saying is that I do not wish that state of affairs to be the case in Scotland for reasons I have given ad nauseam. Should you wish to debate that point feel free but I would prefer you did not use that opinion as an excuse for your far right views and Democrat bashing that you are so well known for.

Konor3inch #585232 11/24/20 12:33 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Keith your oft stated opinion generally revolves around misquoting or quoting out of context, do you think you could state a straight forward opinion without recourse to insult or adding your own embellishment to others posts? I doubt it. I am happy to hear your point of view but perhaps if you expressed it with less vehemence I might pay it more regard.

Last edited by Konor3inch; 11/24/20 12:35 PM. Reason: Addition
Konor3inch #585233 11/24/20 12:40 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for all opinions expressed and thank you Dave for allowing this thread to continue. If anyone is desperate to take me to task feel free to PM me . I will answer as honest as I am able and not feel offended.
All the best
Konor

Konor3inch #585234 11/24/20 12:42 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Your interpretation of my posts are consistently unique .
Is your argument that until firearms misuse results in the number of casualties inflicted by a terrorist bombing of a plane that it is of no consequence?
It has been stated that the requirement to be armed rests on the freedom to oppose a tyrannical government but all I am seeing is the stockpiling of arms and ammunition in response to social insecurity.
I have already stated that your right to arm yourself is of no consequence to me so fill your boots, your government on the whole makes that easy for you to do.What I am also saying is that I do not wish that state of affairs to be the case in Scotland for reasons I have given ad nauseam. Should you wish to debate that point feel free but I would prefer you did not use that opinion as an excuse for your far right views and Democrat bashing that you are so well known for.

Ah, so you've changed your mind, and now you really do wish to engage in political discussions. It gets terribly confusing when you can't remain at all consistent.

My example of the far greater threat posed by Muslim terror attacks versus firearms attacks was simply to illustrate that you seem only concerned with the number of lives that can be saved by banning guns. Perhaps some future killer will use a Citori over/under, and then you can give up your guns too, instead of simply being willing to sacrifice the guns formerly owned by other gun owners.

You may prefer for me to not engage in Democrat and Libtard bashing, but since they are the ones almost entirely responsible for the attempts to infringe upon the Constitutional Firearms Rights of law abiding citizens, I'm afraid I won't be able to comply with your request. Of course, my distaste for Democrats and Libtards transcends their attempts to outlaw entire classes of guns, ammunition, hunting, etc.

If you find that problematic, you can always go to 16 Gauge Society or Upland Journal. BrentD says he really loves Upland Journal. I guess that's why he spends hundreds of hours here.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith #585236 11/24/20 12:58 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

You are correct that I am concerned about the numbers of people needlessly killed by firearms abuse I would say we all are. Are you not?
Ithink the Upland Journal and 16 gauge Society have the right idea and it wouldnt surprise me if it was brought into effect solely to keep you off those forums.
As has happened here already laws have been introduced arguably in a proportionate response to events that have occurred. Your premise that all guns would be banned is an unnecessary worry but thank you for your concern. Your assertion that I was willing to sacrifice handguns after the Dunblane tragedy is correct and I was far from alone. I dont think a 90% poll in favour of a ban post Dunblane would be unrealistic ,perhaps even higher.
That your opinion and mine are so far apart is just how it is Keith and no amount of angry rhetoric will change that . I would still spend a day afield with you we wouldnt be short of things to discuss. Take care,Konor

Last edited by Konor3inch; 11/24/20 01:04 PM.
Drew Hause #585238 11/24/20 01:15 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

You scold Konor, and overlook the resident Klannsmen? What next? Phrenology studies of African males?

I am far more sickened by the sage of Mississippi than any views a Scotsman may have on concealed carry.

Out there doing it best I can.
ClapperZapper #585242 11/24/20 01:46 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ClapperZapper
You scold Konor, and overlook the resident Klannsmen?

I am far more sickened by the sage of Mississippi than any views a Scotsman may have on concealed carry.

Yes, you would be. Pretty sure your experience with the descendants of slaves on a daily basis is infinitesimal compared to Down South folk, but I could be wrong in that regard. Trust me when I say we know them well and get along pretty well in spite of the race-baiters who do not want that. But there is no denying the fact of their participation in crime vs their percentage of the population that is off the chart, and their small contribution of good citizenship.

So, I view your response as a compliment. Thanks.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.