I never had the opportunity to meet Don Hardin personally; and my first knowledge of Don came from the inaugural edition of the Double Gun Journal and his article therein entitled "Lesser Lights". In this article were a few b&w photos and short histories of several quality makes of the American double gun that never made the "big time" in terms of production and longevity; and among those were photos of a late production SAC Grade A and Grade D gun. A year or so prior to this inaugural issue I'd acquired an early A Grade SAC and was keenly interested in learning more. In the guns for sale section of this same inaugural issue Daryl Halquist had listed a B Grade SAC gun for sale, a gun that I soon purchased. Not too long afterwards I responded to an ad by Don for another A Grade SAC gun with Krupp barrels. This was my first actual contact with Don and I found him to be quite friendly and helpful; and the gun for sale turned out to be the gun he'd featured in his article. When that Grade A gun was received I found the differences between the early and late model SAC guns so significant that researching these guns became a personal quest that still continues. I think of Don every time I begin tinkering with anything SAC related; and although I never had the opportunity to meet Don, I wish I could have. He certainly left his legacy in a variety of ways that will insure he is long remembered.