May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
10 members (Jim585, Jtplumb, Borderbill, bushveld, KDGJ, 2 invisible), 497 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,498
Posts545,453
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
Sidelock
Sidelock

The season opened yesterday in my area. I've been watching, but it's been pretty warm, and I'm mostly seeing scattered first year local birds. The forecast looks like mild conditions, and I'll be on the watch for a little bit of northern weather to push them down.

Fun haul with the ducks for you folks, it's been quite a while since I've gotten anywhere near a hundred ducks in a season, but I don't really try for numbers anymore. I'm usually plenty happy with a couple drakes of any of the big ducks.

But, if the Teal and Wigeon are around, love those little clouds. Can't say I am a fan as table fare, but I am sensing the Scaup will be decent, that high speed pass shooting gets the excitment level up some.

Maybe, I'll head out for a bit tomorrow, but I know it's probably better to just be a little patient. Be safe and have fun out in the field. You bet, I'm concerned about the future of hunting, the ducks know how to take care of themselves.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fingers crossed for a good season both sides of the pond. I won’t be starting wildfowling until early November when we get an influx of wigeon and teal. I’m not into heavy bags of wildfowl and the numbers of duck taken are a reflection of the range of ponds we have available and their proximity to the estuary. There are multiple people shooting on invites averaging five guns per flight. I prefer to shoot alone on odd occasions and take about 6 ducks per flight, mostly wigeon and teal with the occasional Pinkfoot goose.The teal can be on the pond in front of you before you can get a bead on them and unless they cross white cloud when departing they invariably escape unscathed. As the ponds are shallow they only attract dabbling duck but under the moon they can attract skeins of geese in and when the snow is on the ground and the moon out it can make for a memorable flight no matter the bag.
I holidayed in Chesapeake Bay in 2016 . I went to the duck decoy museum at Havre de Grace and a few smaller waterfowl museums I was impressed. I have two small black duck decoys I bought in an antique shop in Saint Michaels they sit in front of the fire.

Last edited by Konor3inch; 10/04/20 05:50 PM. Reason: Added paragraph
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback

So much bullshit. So little time.

You didn’t “confront” me on your return? I bet you didn’t. Probably feeling a little sheepish after the idiotic episode that got you banned.

I “launched a new attack” on you? Go back and read the post Keith. I politely pointed out that your assertions of hypocrisy were completely unfounded.

You got the idea of using the term “enemies” from me??? Don’t make me laugh.

You lie, exaggerate, twist the meaning, selectively quote out of context and use every other means of dis and misinformation to try to support your position. All in aid of personal attacks.....those things specifically banned by Dave.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. (You know who the woman is, right Keith?)

You know Mustela Frenata (the Two-Faced Canadian Weasel), you used to make much better responses when you weren't flailing and frantically attempting to run away from your obvious lies and hypocrisy. Your lame response above makes it very easy for me.

Point-by-point...I absolutely did not confront you upon my return. It had nothing to do with being sheepish or embarrassed by any past behaviors. And it should be apparent that I am certainly confronting and responding to you now.

I do consider you putting your foot in the water again in this thread to be just another in a fairly long string of personal attacks. Just for fun, I did go back and re-read those two posts. First off, you totally misinterpreted my statement about the hypocrisy of certain people not attacking nca225 for totally off-topic Threads and posts, his frequent vulgar trolling, or demanding that he reveal his real name. Perhaps that misinterpretation was intentional. I know full well that some here do criticize nca225 for those things, but my reference to hypocrisy was pointing out the behavior of guys like the Preacher, Gladys Kravitz... and you, although I did not mention your name. THAT is the double standard I was referencing.

Then you went on with more bullshit punctuated by your frequent recent personal attack stating my inability to discuss subjects like an adult. Call it what you like, but it is simply more of a string of personal attacks that got much more vehement and personal after I noted that you had became obsessed with joining in the concerted pile-on attacks on jOe.

Next, you certainly have indeed used the term "enemies" to reference those FUDD's and Libtards that I have needled in return for their frequent attacks on Conservatives and pro-gun Republican politicians. If Dr. Wanker confined most of his posts to the Custom Rifle Forum, as does rocky mtn bill, I would probably re-post his recent attack on Trump there to let folks there know where he stands. You have no problem going off-topic to personally attack me or jOe, so why is it wrong for me to do the very same thing to our FUDD's and Libtards.

Must be more of that hypocrisy thing that you cannot see.

You claim I lie all the time, yet you continue to run like a coward from my earlier response to your lies and bullshit. You call me a woman, yet cry about personal attacks, and act like you are innocent. I could care less if you call me a woman, or anything else for that matter. But it irks me to see you lie about it. And didn't you and Gladys Kravitz, and rocky mtn bill criticize me for referencing the feminine traits of some here? Why yes... yes you all did? So tell us why it is OK for you to do the same.

I stand by my statement, you are a complete fraud. You are a hypocritical liar and a two-faced phony who cannot be trusted.

You could respond and flail some more. Or you could just listen to konor3inch and go out hunting. I think we all know that konor3inch (and a few others) feels that it is only me that should never respond to bullshit.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

keith, some advise: after you pen a piece, let it sit overnight...

then edit it with the intent of conveying the same thoughts, but with few words...

we, your sometimes audience will be appreciative...cause much of what you do write now is too wordy an full of superfulous bull shit...sorta like melville...

Last edited by ed good; 10/05/20 05:09 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith can I just state for the record that I do not think “you should never respond to bullshit”
I’m just saddened that for many contributors personal attacks are now the focus of posting.
I have disagreed in the past with you but I think you will find that my aim was to inform you that here in Scotland the appetite to relax gun laws to enable carriage for self protection is non existent. That our discussion / disagreement verged into personal abuse was of the moment and I hold no grudge or chip on my shoulder regarding any of the abusive remarks we exchanged.It was simply a disagreement that got out of hand.
The continual baiting which continues on the forum and has years of background is worrying and seems to reflect an ongoing feud to establish superiority between a few posters.
You would do well to walk away from it and concentrate on living life to the full as sometimes being happy and content is the greatest weapon.

Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.