March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ted Schefelbein, SKB, Jimmy W), 852 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mark, your shoot sounds terrific, way more fun than where Clapper shoots.
My Army son is transferring to Wisconsin this spring, I'll plan on attending!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Remember that Mark is behind a shoot that started in the 1990's and changed venues to become the Mec sponsored shoot.

It's one of the 3 destination shoots I listed.

Out there doing it best I can.
Nitrah Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The Great Northern is really a great shoot. Well organized and run, very good mix of targets that are all hittable with modest loads. I shot all 7/8's oz of 8's and never felt the need for more. I think good targets are a key and since I shoot at a club that throws very good targets and has ample room to add special events, I think hosting a spring shoot is doable. We used to have GLSxS events there. My plan is to NOT charge vendors but I wouldn't be providing the big tents either. The club can provide food, parking and a covered area that has 15 tables. I appreciate the feedback and will post news here to start, once I get club ok and date.

This ain't a dress rehearsal , Don't Let the Old Man IN
Sidelock
Sidelock

Get your shoot dates out early.
Send your tasteful flyer to every gun club you can think of and ask them to be posted.
Contact the president of every gun club you can think of, and then go visit their club. Shoot it and say how great it is.

Get your shoot listed on all the shotgun and upland life sites.
Make your list of vendors you wish to invite, and call them.

You'll find that there will be a pattern to the responses you get.

Good luck on your endeavor, I look forward to it's announcement.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think it will be hard to get started. Vendors want to know what attendance will be. How does one show how many customers there will be to start off ? I put on a shoot in Mi every spring. There are two more clubs with in a hours drive and we each do our shoot in different months - April, May, and June. I would much rather drive a hour, shoot, visit a bit, and go back home. It's so much cheaper than going for three or four days. I did go to the Southern once and it was very nice, but what I spent doing it I could do all three of our shoots and still have money left over. Zapper is giving you some very good advice. It'll be an up hill battle - good luck.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't ignore quality and unique to the area food vendors. If you want your crowd to hang out more FEED them! Loafing tents with beer (if possible) and food will help the gents settle in for a bit.
**Oh yea, nice looking scorers (not old men) is a real plus also.
Years ago the Spring Grand in PX was so large that they needed to turn to the halfway houses for help.....did not go so well!

Last edited by AZMike; 09/24/20 09:39 AM.
Nitrah Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I appreciate the feedback. I am going to focus on having a large variety of shooting and good targets, tables for display but no formal vendor program and food.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nitrah, I think you have the right idea. We offer free dealer tables and snacks at cheap prices. I had a machine stand made up so it can rotate 360 degrees. We keep the machine hidden and call it our " Pigeon Ring ". Also a long [ 60 to 80 yard ] looping bird thrown from a rabbit machine called " Long Bird'. For a year or two we used a old row boat you had to shoot from. There was six machines giving some nice crossers like duck hunting. A lot of guys on here are a little long in the tooth so make sure when you set targets they can be seen for at least 3 seconds. Our old eyes don't see as good as they use to. Most my SCs range is in the woods, so target setting can be a challenge. Blue skies and tree trunks or limbs aren't you friend. The birds disappear. Good luck.

Nitrah Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Paul, exactly the kind of tips I was lookin for. Years ago we had a simulated driven stand, which was very popular, but it can be difficult to make sure the clays aren't dangerous for spectators.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.