Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nitrah Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I have organized small shoots in the past and wondering if there is room for a Spring shoot, maybe just before the Southern, but in the Midwest. A smaller number of vendors but unlimited opportunity to shoot sporting, 5 stand, skeet and maybe something special like a high crosser or flurry. I am interested in the boards view.

This ain't a dress rehearsal , Don't Let the Old Man IN
Boxlock
Boxlock

Love to see something in the metro St. Louis, south Central Illinois area. Lots of SxS shooters and some great clubs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No.
Not as a destination event.

Here's why.

Sorry, but, geezer's just don't spend any money.

They say they want to see vendor's, but vendors only go where they can make money.
There is no point in crisscrossing the country chasing the same 40 guys that might Part with a couple thousand dollars. Maybe.
The one's that work, work well enough to completely serve the market as it is.

Can there more SxS shoots?
Sure! But unless you are creating your own market, the same 40 guys that hop around might not be available.

Yesterday, I shot a SxS shoot at Bald Mountain, a premier, well known shooting facility outside Detroit.

Almost nobody showed.

Here in MI we have a well established series ofabout6-7 shoots that are just right fortheclubs, but none have vendors anymore.

It really is an April through August thing in the mitten state.
Get in, get out. All the guys are just about gone by noon.

If you want vendors, you'll go to Hausmann's, TheSouthern, or the Mec shoots.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thats very silly. There is plenty of money exchanged at the Southern, less at the Haussmanns shoots but still enough for plenty of vendors to show. Dont forget, the vendors arent only selling side by sides and attend many, many events around the country. If you attend the large events, thats where you will find vendors.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Clubs can have all the shoots they want.

They just can't attract enough fresh buying customers for the vendors to invest in attending.

More than a few times I have heard a person say to a traveling vendor, "I'll see you at..."

I'll stop here.

There are plenty of traveling vendors that post here that can share their experiences, and why they do or don't go to more shoots.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just look at some of the other shooting venues, the big trap shoots in Arizona have given up lots of vendors for the fall shoots and only the Spring Grand (600+ shooters) draw many vendors. Trapshooters are easy to sell stuff to.

Couldn't shoots survive on the merits of the competition and prizes?

Sidelock
Sidelock

So basically the big SxS shoots are gun shows where you can do some shooting? Any prizes or money to shoot for?

I appreciate the patience from the experienced SxS shooters that attend these events. Just a new shooter with plenty of questions.

Last edited by AZMike; 09/22/20 10:04 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you take away the merch, what have you got?
Just another shoot.

Who flies 3000 miles for just another shoot? Not many.

The GLSxS assoc. Is a great example of a stable, cooperative, co marketed, series of SxS shoots.

Big enough to benefit all the associated clubs, and small enough to not be overwhelming to the volunteers.

It's entertainment first. Competition second.

The biggest draw back to SxS shoots in my opinion, is that so many act like they don't want to be there. In by 9, gone by 10:30.
Sell that to a vendor you want to charge for his spot in a tent.

Sidelock
Sidelock

This years Great Northern was well attended. We had shooters and vendors from all across the county. Most plan to return next year. I think another shoot in the midwest could work It takes a lot of promotion and work to get the word out and to get vendors to commit to a new event but I think it work.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd would love to attend a double gun shoot in central Illinois. While I love good guns, vendors are less important to me than good targets. My club, in north central Illinois, held a small vintage shoot last year that drew 40 shooters. It was fun. The flu restrictions caused us to cancel this year, but are planning for 21.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.