March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (FlyChamps, Hammergun, 12boreman, Borderbill, cpa, 2 invisible), 376 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,007
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: battle
Its easy to post pics here. And any free hosting site will work...

Yup.
I have thousands of pics hosted on Photobucket. Even have a paid account, but they decided recently that I had too many pics....

Haven't set up another account anywhere as every other site I participate on has gone to hosting their own.

Not a bid deal, just included that note to explain why I wasn't putting up pics. I can remember the good ol' days when you had to type the HTML code to make it work.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

jpgbox.com is free. Establish and account (free). Then it's not hard to post the code.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Argo44
jpgbox.com is free. Establish and account (free). Then it's not hard to post the code.

Yes, I know this. wink

I haven't posted pictures here in a loooong time. It wasn't until I was typing the post that I remembered that the site doesn't host its own pictures.

I decided to put up the post despite that.

You guys are cracking me up. I was posting pictures on this site with a camera that used floppy discs. I know the process. cool

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Imgur is also a good site.

Nudge

Sidelock
Sidelock

The F stamp near the serial number on the water table of the frame is the grade of this gun. It is not unusual to see a Lefever that has barrels with a higher grade stamp than the frame. But I have never seen a Lefever with original barrels that had a lower letter grade stamp than the frame.

I find it a bit unusual that the 9641 serial number barrels had that 9641 number on both barrels. When we see Lefever barrels with a second serial number, the original serial number is on one barrel, and the added number is typically on the other barrel. I cannot recall ever seeing a Lefever with the serial number on the barrel flats, such as you describe on the 26" set. So I tend to believe that the 26" barrels were fitted to this gun after it was built, and most likely the work was not done by Lefever Arms Co.

Also, I have seen shortened Lefever barrels that still touched at the muzzles. You cannot simply look at the muzzles and judge if they have been shortened or not. You need to examine all of the evidence such as the length of the choke tapers, the degree of choke, the position and centering of the sight bead, the presence or absence of keels, the solder, and the overall workmanship and condition of the muzzles.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.