March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Ted Schefelbein, SKB, Jimmy W), 852 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
HomelessjOe #578627 08/25/20 09:27 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: canvasback
Sorry Tim, you are dead wrong.

Actually you are dead wrong....if I were running things several people in this thread would get permanent bans and you would be one of them.

If I remember correctly no personal attacks are allowed on this forum...most of the wolf criers are guilty as sin.

Most of the "wolf criers" as you so eloquently put it jOe, are guilty of responding in kind to you and Keith. Dave should have banned you rather than let AmarilloMike slip away. He contributed more to this site than you ever will. Rather telling that you are proud of that. You should be embarrassed.

And the mere though of you "running things" has given me my laugh for the day.

Last edited by canvasback; 08/25/20 09:29 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
craigd #578628 08/25/20 09:35 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd

I can also understand how tactics can be taken as repulsive. The frustration seems to come from the inability to moderate the forum per individual preference.

My default sets to the last three months, three of the five topics in the Silent Doubles forum look to be started in questionable taste with arguably no provocation. Many on topic threads get thumbed in the eye with an anti conservative pundit or anti current President comment that comes out of left field. Some posts are repulsive, some are calm and collected counselling about the inevitability of the 'will of the people', some are near real time copy and paste of the latest left wing political talking points.

No, I don't think you're dead wrong.

I must say I hadn't visited the Silent Doubles forum for many many months. More repulsive and divisive behavior. Serious trolling.

Craig, an objective examination of the site would indicate that it is an incredibly small number of people who operate outside the normal bounds of decency. It's not a problem of trying to accommodate "individual preferences". It's two or three people who consistently and with malice aforethought drag the place down.

Keith isn't defending anything.
NCA isn't making any serious point.
RMB isn't converting anyone.
And jOe certainly isn't making any friends. LOL

Most of us....the vast majority, are tired of being subjected to their ruination of threads and the site. I'll say it again. It's not about political viewpoint. It's about conduct. I notice you can be in agreement with just about everything Keith professes to stand for. You can engage the same people on the same subjects as Keith. But I don't see you stooping to Keith's repulsive behavior.

It's about conduct that supports the site.

Last edited by canvasback; 08/25/20 09:44 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Dave Weber #578629 08/25/20 09:40 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig is spot on the misuse of Silent Doubles by NCA225 was flat wrong and disingenuous to an extreme. It only spawned more nastiness.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Tim in PA #578630 08/25/20 10:00 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tim in PA

Dave has let his feelings about the 2nd amendment be known, and supporting anti-gun Democrats isn't part of it. If members here want to support Democrats, they should be considerate enough to keep their opinions to themselves, toj avoid creating bad situations. If you wouldn't shout racial slurs at a BLM rally, don't push left wing politics here.

Tim

Curious concept on your part. While I believe this board would be better served to ban politics or create a separate area for it, Dave has not done that. He has created much more a free speech zone with rules on Conduct.

You solution in this free speech zone is that of a left wing cancel culture oppressor; Silence those whose disagree with you. It is philosophically inconsistent to stand proudly for the 2nd Amendment while denying the first.

While I concur there are left wing posters whose views are irritating, views alone though wrong on a free speech board do not justify the ignoring of the rules of conduct. I actually have at least one poster on the ignore feature as his posts are sub par.

Tim, your view that on other boards politics is rarely brought up Is correct in a way. It is correct because many, maybe most, ban or seriously limit political discussions. If that is the environment you want go there and stay there, or lobby Dave to change the rules to match those boards.

While I disagree with left wing political views I believe I am capable of arguing against them without violating our boards rules, I wish all could.

Lastly the real value of this board is double gun knowledge, it would not upset me if Misfires came back, or politics get banned for a time.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Dave Weber #578638 08/25/20 10:33 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Returning to the beginning of this thread

Unfortunately without enforcement, misconduct against the board rules will proliferate. Appealing to better angels has proven hopeless.

Rather than be banned it would be far better those banned obey board rules and post positively on this board. I believe banning is not a good thing and to be avoided if at all possible.

Funny how Keiths attacks in violation of board rules did not breed a moderator response, At least one we could see, but when responded to in kind, it did. Sad that Keith was not corrected sooner, or more often. Unfortunately Keith is not unique in his violation of board rules. There are others who did not get banned, but it is likely because they were not involved in that particular melee or they would have been banned for a time as well.

Maybe we should thank SDH for not taking it anymore? His sacrifice resulted in Keiths absence.

As to the discussion of SDHs now deleted posting, I do not believe the post was fully true, in fact I think it a good bit of it tongue and cheek baiting rather than fact. It appears more designed to bait, likely in retribution for insults delivered from Keith. Hardly surprising given Keith regular baiting attacks and further the vile nature of many of his insults. Some kernels of truth? Likely, but all true ?

While I may have no affection for Keith I doubt he is completely as described.

It is not in SDHs post we find the best description of Keith; it is found in reading Keiths posts, his own words Best Demonstrate the person he is.

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubb...3331#Post563331

Ultimately it is better to appeal to abiding by our boards rule by all:

Originally Posted By: FAQ What are the rules of conduct for the forum?

Considering the real-time nature of this message board, it is impossible for us to review messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB or any entity associated with this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message array(s).We reserve the right to reveal your identity array (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. Participation is at your own risk and judgment.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
old colonel #578640 08/25/20 11:01 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

No, it's not curious on my part. If this is a free speech zone, threads wouldn't get locked or deleted, and no one would be banned. Dave decides what goes and what doesn't.

The only cancel culture here is those wanting Keith canceled. I don't care if Dave bans political conversation or not, I'm not threatened by people too stupid to string two ideas together and realize they're sawing off the branch they're sitting on. But if you want a polite board that focuses on doubles, then people need to keep their left wing ideas to themselves. The plain simple reality, is this, let the leftists troll the board, and this is where it will end up.

And Canvasback, I'm not wrong, if everyone knows politics and guns are connected, no one here would advocate for electing democrats and no one would tolerate that kind of trolling. Which obviously isn't the case.

Tim

Dave Weber #578641 08/25/20 11:26 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Tim what you fail to realize is not everyone is a single issue voter. Many of us are but many aren't. Many people (whether you agree with their choices or not is immaterial) hold seemingly contradictory ideas. Millions of people make short term choices of expediency that ultimately sacrifice some long term outcomes they may wish to have.

Getting in the gutter to promote adherence to one's beliefs, and that's all they are...... beliefs, rarely advances one's cause. There are many ways Keith could be making a far greater contribution to protecting Americans' right to bear arms than polluting this site. That's a choice he makes.

Tim in PA #578643 08/25/20 11:34 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The only cancel culture here is those wanting Keith canceled. I don't care if Dave bans political conversation or not, I'm not threatened by people too stupid to string two ideas together and realize they're sawing off the branch they're sitting on. But if you want a polite board that focuses on doubles, then people need to keep their left wing ideas to themselves. The plain simple reality, is this, let the leftists troll the board, and this is where it will end up

That is an amazing amount of burden shifting going on here.

All of the onus to behave is on the lefty democrats to "behave" and better make sure not one of them mention something that could upset your sensitive ears.

I have to admit, that sounds a lot like what I heard around here over a year before about letting african americans partake at a "public" beach (featuring a bunch of trump signs) in the south, that they were welcomed so long as they behaved, treated the white women properly and didn't swear.

You may want to reflect a minute on why you think your getting "trolled" and what exactly that "trolling" is.

And frankly, if you think being confronted with facts and truth is trolling, well then, there is not much more that could be said about that.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Tim in PA #578645 08/25/20 11:37 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

No, it's not curious on my part. If this is a free speech zone, threads wouldn't get locked or deleted, and no one would be banned. Dave decides what goes and what doesn't.

The only cancel culture here is those wanting Keith canceled. I don't care if Dave bans political conversation or not, I'm not threatened by people too stupid to string two ideas together and realize they're sawing off the branch they're sitting on. But if you want a polite board that focuses on doubles, then people need to keep their left wing ideas to themselves. The plain simple reality, is this, let the leftists troll the board, and this is where it will end up.

And Canvasback, I'm not wrong, if everyone knows politics and guns are connected, no one here would advocate for electing democrats and no one would tolerate that kind of trolling. Which obviously isn't the case.

Tim

Tim, Free speech it is, within the boards rules of conduct. Yes Dave decides, and you agreed to that when you joined the board. Read the rules.

I do not argue for the cancelling of Keith or anyone else. While you are correct others are sick of his attack posts, plus Sick of a couple of other posters too.

You argued that free speech is appropriate for those you agree with, but others be silent.

I argue for adherence to the rules in word and spirit.

Are you really so afraid that a couple of left leaning posters exist that we have to disregard the boards stated rules and hound them from the website?

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Dave Weber #578649 08/25/20 11:53 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Been following this thread and happily never experienced any of the unpleasant behavior. The one or two off-topic things that Keith posted I just ignored. I would like to thank all of the awesome guys here for helping me with technical knowledge over the years. That is what I come here for, and I try to freely and cheerfully give what I know, as well.
Rush's radio show is about to come on the air, so I gotta go, because I rarely miss the first hour. Everyone have a great day!

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.