March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Dale May, NZHunter, SKB, 1 invisible), 308 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
cadet #578604 08/24/20 10:31 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I echo your comments verbatim. Will add, Weber is more at fault than the banned and one that should be banned. He has allowed this to be what it is. Could have stopped it at any time. By allowing one idiOt to remain is proof enough.

Benny Kirkham
craigd #578605 08/24/20 11:00 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
Originally Posted By: cadet
It seems representative of what many of we in the rest of the world can see of the USA's apparent decline, of its tearing itself to bits, with leadership and management which seems willing to let that happen. For a nation which, for all its faults, gave the world so much that is good, it's beyond sad.

Best get over it. Its a done deal and there is no return to a civilized society that you or anyone here will live to see. And that's just a simple fact. Mindless knee-jerk response to the dog-whistle trigger words will prevail far beyond any foreseeable future.

The likes of kieth abound

Big palm print on my forehead, the cosmos has been unlocked. Note to self, don't vote for kieth on November 3rd.

But do vote Trump, because what Biden and Harris say and want to do is a threat to our rights, and our sport.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Dave Weber #578606 08/24/20 11:37 PM
LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm not sure that dissecting Keith's motives really contribute much. Argo got it right early on in this thread: it has been obvious for years that Keith has serious mental problems which he inflicts on this board. We should certainly pity him, but most of us are not psychiatrists; we are not paid be subjected to the constant venom and degradation of this wonderful site, nor can our responses have much influence on him and his demons.

Let's see if a month in the wilderness has any effect on Keith. Those of us raised on Winnie the Pooh remember Rabbit's plan to Unbounce Tigger, saying that afterwards "He'll be a Humble Tigger. Because he'll be a Sad Tigger, a Melancholy Tigger, a Small and Sorry Tigger, an Oh-Rabbit-I-am-glad-to-see-you Tigger." If Dave's plan to unbounce Keith does not produce the hoped-for result, let us hope that he will excommunicate Keith permanently from our Hundred Acre Wood. We are all too old for this shit.

Last edited by LGF; 08/24/20 11:44 PM.
Dave Weber #578612 08/25/20 12:57 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

There's a lot of hooting and hollering in this thread about what's wrong with this forum. Most of the anger seems directed at Keith, some at jOe, even some at Dave, but it seems there's very little interest in talking about the real problem.

This is a GUN board. It's not a camera forum, or a fishing forum, or a sociology forum. Its purpose is the discussion of firearms, primarily doubles, but also others. And here's a little secret, your precious doubles are joined like a Siamese twin to politics. Some people here are aware of that, it seems like others are either blindly, willingly or unwittingly ignorant of that fact.

I visit other gun forums, and politics is rarely brought up, there's no need, everyone is on the same page. If RMB or Brent went on them and suggested people need to vote for Biden, they would fall under the category of troll and probably be relieved of posting privileges. But on this board, members benignly tolerate it.

There's a lot of vitriol for Keith, and his arguments often become rather repulsive, so it's understood, but no one seems to want to mention the leftist trolls that created this situation. No one seems to find it crazy that a supposedly respectable gunsmith would hire a PI to investigate a member of this board? If RMB had never posted his union newsletter propaganda, Keith would never have gone after him. If I want to read leftist propaganda, I can go to Politico, or the Guardian, it shouldn't be polluting a gun forum. How would you feel if a satanist or pedophile started posting their opinions on your church website? If you don't understand why that sort of stuff is trolling, do an internet search for "what is a FUDD".

Dave has let his feelings about the 2nd amendment be known, and supporting anti-gun Democrats isn't part of it. If members here want to support Democrats, they should be considerate enough to keep their opinions to themselves, toj avoid creating bad situations. If you wouldn't shout racial slurs at a BLM rally, don't push left wing politics here.

Tim

Dave Weber #578613 08/25/20 03:05 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorry Tim, you are dead wrong.

We all get it. We all know guns and politics are connected. Yet Im an active member of 3 other gun and hunting forums, all of which would ban you permanently for behavior like Keiths. And not one would go after RMB. Every day Im on one of those other forums there are a few people clearly indicating their left of centre slant. Just like RMB. No one bans them. They arent subject to hate filled, uncontrolled diatribes by a single member who takes it upon himself to police the site (in clear contravention of the site rules). In short, they act like grown ups.

Im no Fudd. Ive likely have spent more real time working to ensure I have the right to use a gun than you ever will. Because my opportunity to own and use a gun isnt constitutionally protected. Like yours is. Mine is fragile in a way yours never will be. Not in your lifetime. But that has nothing to do with the problem Keith represents for this forum. Keiths behavior left politics behind years ago. Now its just an excuse to rage and vent.

Last edited by canvasback; 08/25/20 03:08 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Dave Weber #578614 08/25/20 06:35 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I experienced a 23 page run in with Keith in the Voluntary Lead Ban in the UK thread.There was little discussion on the voluntary lead ban in the UK. If we could stick to double gun topics in the double gun threads and leave politics to the off topic threads that would be an improvement.
It doesnt mean ignoring politics altogether ,as that can be covered in off topic threads ,it just allows folks to enjoy discussing double guns and sharing their knowledge without having threads degenerate in the predictable fashion that they normally do when politics is brought into the mix.
Keith bogged down threads with past disagreements and insults and partially quoted others purely to prolong argument and promote his political views. In the meantime instead of discussing the double gun issues and double gun ownership we ended up going round in circles insulting each other. If this was a politics forum then that is not a problem but in a double gun forum it is a problem and because of it we ended up in many threads arguing over politics instead of talking double guns.

Last edited by Konor3inch; 08/25/20 07:06 AM.
Tim in PA #578618 08/25/20 07:54 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tim in PA
....here's a little secret, your precious doubles are joined like a Siamese twin to politics. Some people here are aware of that, it seems like others are either blindly, willingly or unwittingly ignorant of that fact....

....There's a lot of vitriol for Keith, and his arguments often become rather repulsive, so it's understood, but no one seems to want to mention the leftist trolls that created this situation. No one seems to find it crazy that....

....If you don't understand why that sort of stuff is trolling....

I can also understand how tactics can be taken as repulsive. The frustration seems to come from the inability to moderate the forum per individual preference.

My default sets to the last three months, three of the five topics in the Silent Doubles forum look to be started in questionable taste with arguably no provocation. Many on topic threads get thumbed in the eye with an anti conservative pundit or anti current President comment that comes out of left field. Some posts are repulsive, some are calm and collected counselling about the inevitability of the 'will of the people', some are near real time copy and paste of the latest left wing political talking points.

No, I don't think you're dead wrong.

Tim in PA #578619 08/25/20 08:46 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tim in PA
There's a lot of hooting and hollering in this thread about what's wrong with this forum. Most of the anger seems directed at Keith, some at jOe, even some at Dave, but it seems there's very little interest in talking about the real problem.

This is a GUN board. It's not a camera forum, or a fishing forum, or a sociology forum. Its purpose is the discussion of firearms, primarily doubles, but also others. And here's a little secret, your precious doubles are joined like a Siamese twin to politics. Some people here are aware of that, it seems like others are either blindly, willingly or unwittingly ignorant of that fact.

I visit other gun forums, and politics is rarely brought up, there's no need, everyone is on the same page. If RMB or Brent went on them and suggested people need to vote for Biden, they would fall under the category of troll and probably be relieved of posting privileges. But on this board, members benignly tolerate it.

There's a lot of vitriol for Keith, and his arguments often become rather repulsive, so it's understood, but no one seems to want to mention the leftist trolls that created this situation. No one seems to find it crazy that a supposedly respectable gunsmith would hire a PI to investigate a member of this board? If RMB had never posted his union newsletter propaganda, Keith would never have gone after him. If I want to read leftist propaganda, I can go to Politico, or the Guardian, it shouldn't be polluting a gun forum. How would you feel if a satanist or pedophile started posting their opinions on your church website? If you don't understand why that sort of stuff is trolling, do an internet search for "what is a FUDD".

Dave has let his feelings about the 2nd amendment be known, and supporting anti-gun Democrats isn't part of it. If members here want to support Democrats, they should be considerate enough to keep their opinions to themselves, toj avoid creating bad situations. If you wouldn't shout racial slurs at a BLM rally, don't push left wing politics here.

Tim

Pretty spOt on.

It took me awhile but I figured out why....

So far it's mine and Dave's little secret.

I'm sure this thread will now be locked and it will fade into the liberal anals of history.

canvasback #578622 08/25/20 08:56 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Sorry Tim, you are dead wrong.

Actually you are dead wrong....if I were running things several people in this thread would get permanent bans and you would be one of them.

If I remember correctly no personal attacks are allowed on this forum...most of the wolf criers are guilty as sin.

Konor3inch #578623 08/25/20 08:59 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Konor3inch
in a double gun forum it is a problem and because of it we ended up in many threads arguing over politics instead of talking double guns.

We had a section like that it was called Missfires and with my help a Texan' lost his damn mind and it got shut down.

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.