March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (eightbore), 827 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,014
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17
craigd #578566 08/24/20 04:56 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: canvasback
....Objecting to the tactics....

....has nothing to do with political orientation and everything to do with common decency. Anyone else caught up in [the] ban who behaved badly didn't instigate it but were goaded into their offensive....

Is it okay to smile a bit about how bad behavior and goadability might not quite be how some would characterize themselves? But victimhood, that's a fresh look at it?

Craig, I'm not smiling about any of this and I haven't in a long while.

It is obvious except to the obtuse that Keith trolls people. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Keith's good intentions no longer matter. It's his actual behavior that now counts. And it's abominable.

You can try to deflect what I'm saying by deflecting to a big picture kind of outlook....pretending that what is happening here falls in the en vogue issue of victimhood but that doesn't wash. Not really. It's too much of a stretch, because sometimes, people really do get victimized. Keith has victimized me. Dr Drew. Old Colonel, Argo44 and many others who clearly are not liberals.....just people who took offense to his disgusting personal attacks. So we became targets as well.

Don't pretend I take some joy in this. Can't be inferred from my posts because I don't. I responded to Buzz's first post attempting to sell the lie that Keith was a victim and I responded to jOe's post suggesting that disliking Keith's personal attacks somehow means one is a Democrat. Both are bullshit statements and deserve to be called out as such.

Time for some honesty about what we are actually doing and saying here rather than pretending it's all in aid of the "larger" problem.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Buzz #578567 08/24/20 05:06 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: buzz
Originally Posted By: Ghostrider
Well now that the truth behind the Great OZ has come out, and we now know that just like the story of The Wizard of OZ. The Wizard is just a Con Man.
Possibly he will just float away like in the story.
Its a shame he hid behind the curtain or the garage door as is the case for so long.
Spreading hate and discontent on every post he entered.
Driving good and decent people away. A fraud that questioned the integrity and morality of Our friends. Including so many other good and decent people that came to this forum to enjoy some camaraderie and knowledge of fine Double Guns.
How is it that one little man can control the direction and mood of such a fine forum for so long? There must be a lesson here someplace.
Good riddance I say. If others dont want to change I say clean out the whole damn rats nest.
I dont see where anything has been proven. I read SDH-MTs allegations about keith and his living arrangement, the story re a hired private investigator and all, but I certainly didnt see unequivocal truth those allegations were indeed fact, rather what was presented was only shameful innuendo. Then came the ban, and before the accused could render a response to those allegations. Nothing has been proven despite what Ghostrider has to say. Just more innuendo.

You are absolutely correct here Buzz. Unproven innuendo that IMHO is mostly likely bullshit. All of it.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
canvasback #578569 08/24/20 05:17 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Cback I think maybe what others were pointing out is that nobody made any of the banned members post anything. People are responsible for their own actions and behavior. You cannot control what other people say or do. But you can control how you respond to it.

Nothing the government gives you is free.
Goillini #578570 08/24/20 05:39 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Goillini
Cback I think maybe what others were pointing out is that nobody made any of the banned members post anything. People are responsible for their own actions and behavior. You cannot control what other people say or do. But you can control how you respond to it.

Gollini, I appreciate that truism. Served me well in my divorce. But I also know how people behave in the real world. I'm interested in having a better, more informative DG forum. One where the actions of a very few don't drive away literally 100's of prospective and past posters. No one but Keith forces him to attack people. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. But the point is he initiates 90% of it. (That's an estimate). Most of us, when we are the targets, eventually have enough of that crap. How we respond is an individual choice.

It goes back to us having a foul mouthed bully trying his best to "protect" us from the musings of a few liberals. I'd prefer that we act as grownups and are allowed to make our own choices of who to read and what to believe or disbelieve. Keith's approach is a text book way on how NOT to persuade anyone of anything. Why he can't even get his main targets to leave this forum! The people who leave are right minded individuals who don't feel like subjecting themselves to the utter inanity of Keith destroying thread after thread with his personal vendettas.

Keith, are you making notes? You'll want to use these posts of mine later!

Last edited by canvasback; 08/24/20 05:43 PM.

canvasback #578571 08/24/20 05:58 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: buzz
Originally Posted By: Ghostrider
Well now that the truth behind the Great OZ has come out, and we now know that just like the story of The Wizard of OZ. The Wizard is just a Con Man.
Possibly he will just float away like in the story.
Its a shame he hid behind the curtain or the garage door as is the case for so long.
Spreading hate and discontent on every post he entered.
Driving good and decent people away. A fraud that questioned the integrity and morality of Our friends. Including so many other good and decent people that came to this forum to enjoy some camaraderie and knowledge of fine Double Guns.
How is it that one little man can control the direction and mood of such a fine forum for so long? There must be a lesson here someplace.
Good riddance I say. If others dont want to change I say clean out the whole damn rats nest.
I dont see where anything has been proven. I read SDH-MTs allegations about keith and his living arrangement, the story re a hired private investigator and all, but I certainly didnt see unequivocal truth those allegations were indeed fact, rather what was presented was only shameful innuendo. Then came the ban, and before the accused could render a response to those allegations. Nothing has been proven despite what Ghostrider has to say. Just more innuendo.

You are absolutely correct here Buzz. Unproven innuendo that IMHO is mostly likely bullshit. All of it.

This was exactly my point in asking Ghostrider what I did.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
canvasback #578589 08/24/20 07:18 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

...it's abominable[!]

Indubitably.

Dave Weber #578595 08/24/20 08:18 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've tried to write something a few times over the last few days, but struggle to find the right words.

I don't visit much here anymore. I post even less. This is due to the toxic rubbish spewed by a handful which has polluted the place for years. It's not my board, and Dave can run it (or stay hands off as he usually appears to) as he sees fit. But a couple of people having a month or two's penance in my opinion is far too little, far too late, and not enough to address the actual underlying, fundamental problems or encourage me (and I imagine others) to return.

It seems representative of what many of we in the rest of the world can see of the USA's apparent decline, of its tearing itself to bits, with leadership and management which seems willing to let that happen. For a nation which, for all its faults, gave the world so much that is good, it's beyond sad.

cadet #578599 08/24/20 09:33 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: cadet
...many of we in the rest of the world can see of the USA's apparent decline...

Relax, mate. Im sure Canada and the EU will step up.

cadet #578601 08/24/20 09:43 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

It seems representative of what many of we in the rest of the world can see of the USA's apparent decline, of its tearing itself to bits, with leadership and management which seems willing to let that happen. For a nation which, for all its faults, gave the world so much that is good, it's beyond sad.

Best get over it. Its a done deal and there is no return to a civilized society that you or anyone here will live to see. And that's just a simple fact. Mindless knee-jerk response to the dog-whistle trigger words will prevail far beyond any foreseeable future.

The likes of kieth abound

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Wonko the Sane #578603 08/24/20 10:21 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane

Best get over it. Its a done deal and there is no return to a civilized society that you or anyone here will live to see. And that's just a simple fact. Mindless knee-jerk response to the dog-whistle trigger words will prevail far beyond any foreseeable future.

The likes of kieth abound

Big palm print on my forehead, the cosmos has been unlocked. Note to self, don't vote for kieth on November 3rd.

Page 9 of 17 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.