April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (SKB, Pwog, 1 invisible), 1,261 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,143
Members14,409
Most Online1,319
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Breath like it interests you:

Oh, I do...at least 3 or 4 times a week.
What can I say? Im getting old.

I dont feel old until I get off of it.

You guys running Nam era freebie lube might want to pony up for some of this when the time comes that you run out, or, it turns to varnish. The people who build Kolar guns think highly of it:

http://www.cmdlubeoil.com/

Tip of the hat to the gentleman from Louisiana.

Best,
Ted

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zmxSMIN3-WI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NnKM9XApswI

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: old colonel
Originally Posted By: Wonko the Sane
I would tell y'all about LSA Weapons Oil but you can look it up. Has kept US military arms functioning since 'Nam. IMO there is nothing better at any price and this stuff is dirt cheap and US petroleum tech in action.

Dr.WtS

Used it decades ago as I got it by the case free, when they started issuing CLP I stopped as the CLP was better. LSA works and is cheap, but why use the stuff that just works instead of the best on a best gun. Vaseline can work as does 3 in 1 but Same reason to go to EP lubricants on hinge pins and locks as appropriate.

How about it, O.C.? Care to answer keith about how you got the cases of bore cleaner free? Certainly it wasn't from the military.????

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Hal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just bought a new can of Fluid Film this morning. Many uses around the farm and I clean shotgun bores as well as wipe guns down with it. Solvent-free, lanolin based. Developed during WWII. I have to go to John Deere dealer to get it. Anyone else use it?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Hal
Just bought a new can of Fluid Film this morning. Many uses around the farm and I clean shotgun bores as well as wipe guns down with it. Solvent-free, lanolin based. Developed during WWII. I have to go to John Deere dealer to get it. Anyone else use it?

Use to use FF on the frame of my truck each fall takes 4 cans to coat it. Common for Ford and Toyota owners to use it to help with the frame rot in the salt belt. Couple of years ago switched to a Canadian Snake Oil. Find out soon if it worked or not just got the 7 year recall for frame inspection and replacement if needed. Toyota, Ford you are on your own. FF is sticky (why it is sprayed on frames) and attracts dirt it would not be my first choice for a lubricant.

Giacomo Arrighini the famed Perazzi gunsmith that came over from Italy in the early 70's to work at the Ithaca factory on Perazzi's swears by Triflow. And it is what I use. His SIL has taken over the business now and IIRC he recommends Slip 2000. Neither of them use grease no what the guys in Italy say. Either way I feel it is most important to keep it clean. Wipe the old off, whatever you use, and apply new often.

I use Triflow on my guns can get it at most bicycle shops because many of the bike racers use it on their chains. I was introduced to it in the yards in Washington State in the late 70's. Trying to break free a bolt on a steam pipe flange and had drenched it in Monkey Piss. The penetrating oil the government provides you in a green can made by the lowest bidder and is worthless. A sandcrab seen me struggling with it and he walked over and gave the bolt and nut a shot of Triflow and said try it now. Almost killed myself when I hit the slugging wrench with the sledge hammer and the wrench spun all the way around and came close to hitting me. Lubricant or penetrating oil I have been a big fan of Triflow since.

One way to turn a Benelli duck gun into a single shot in really cold weather is to use Rem Oil. Never had a problem with Triflow in the cold. No matter how cold, on any of my guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Benellis are mostly single shots in my world, all four seasons.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

When I first moved to Mn. bit more than 20 years ago looked for a skeet field and found one in Winona over by the River. Met Dave Erickson back then there for the first time. Sometimes we would be the only 2 shooting and would discuss with each other for the next week to make sure we had someone to pull for the other.

Right before hunting season opened pulled in one evening and the place was packed with pickups mainly with Wi. plates. Couldn't even find an open space on a rack to park my gun and noticed every gun was a Benelli. I said out loud what is up with all the Benelli's? They looked at me like I had 3 eyes and finally one guy said because anything else in the duck blind eventually becomes a single shot around here. They all laughed in agreement. They were all duck hunters tuning up for the season. Most only shot a round or at most 2. Quite a few of them ran the field.

Most those guns were pretty beat up. But they all worked flawlessly. Although today there are a few others out there that can give them a run for the money. My main waterfowl gun always has been an Ithaca 37. My BUL and Cordoba always seem to go bang when I pull the trigger too though.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Cold Iron,

Dont ever ride an old Honda.

Youll end up in a ditch. (along with the fat chick that was on the back)

https://youtu.be/lOTEErZXvAo

Last edited by lonesome roads; 08/03/20 09:19 PM. Reason: add fat chick coment
Sidelock
Sidelock

Cold Iron,
I have used Tri Flow for guns and Tri Flow for bicycle chains. The latter just yesterday. But I am doubtful they are the same thing or maybe their formula changed over the years. Both had teflon, but the former was suspended in oil I believe, while the latter is some other milky fluid that evaporates quickly leaving just the teflon behind - which has a lot of bike chain advantages. My Tri Flow bottle that I used for guns is still around, but I have refilled it many times over with NAPA ATF instead.

Anyway, there may be more than one version of it out there.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

A Benelli needs two, and only two, things to run 100%.

1. A shell with enough oomph to compress the inertia spring.

2. A drop of light oil between the bolt body and the rotating bolt head.

And that's it.

It is, truly, the most reliable auto ever made.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Cold Iron
When I first moved to Mn. bit more than 20 years ago looked for a skeet field and found one in Winona over by the River. Met Dave Erickson back then there for the first time. Sometimes we would be the only 2 shooting and would discuss with each other for the next week to make sure we had someone to pull for the other.

Right before hunting season opened pulled in one evening and the place was packed with pickups mainly with Wi. plates. Couldn't even find an open space on a rack to park my gun and noticed every gun was a Benelli. I said out loud what is up with all the Benelli's? They looked at me like I had 3 eyes and finally one guy said because anything else in the duck blind eventually becomes a single shot around here. They all laughed in agreement. They were all duck hunters tuning up for the season. Most only shot a round or at most 2. Quite a few of them ran the field.

Most those guns were pretty beat up. But they all worked flawlessly. Although today there are a few others out there that can give them a run for the money. My main waterfowl gun always has been an Ithaca 37. My BUL and Cordoba always seem to go bang when I pull the trigger too though.

Lol, I remember that night!

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.