April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Jimmy W, Argo44, Roundsworth, Kip, 2 invisible), 828 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,839
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MattH Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hello All,

I doubt this will come as a big surprise, and some of you may have heard already, but we have made the decision to cancel this year's Vintage Gunners Cup at Hausmann's Hidden Hollow in September.

We have determined that there is simply too much uncertainty (uncertainty about the status of the COVID-19 virus, about regulations in PA and NY that would impact how we conduct the event and the availability of hotels and restaurants, about our ability to have enough volunteers and staff to make it work) to move forward this year. And then there are the safety concerns for our guests and vendors, many of whom would be in at-risk categories.

This is particularly frustrating given the fun we had last year, and all the positive feedback we got. And also knowing that this is yet another missed opportunity in 2020 to connect with friends. I know there is pent-up demand for events like the VGC, so if you can get out and safely support other events this year, please do so.

That said, our goal for next years event is to provide an event truly worthy of being called The Vintage Gunners Annual World Side X Side and Rifle Championship. We are fully intent on providing an event that all our members can be proud of and a celebration of our shooting heritage. The 2021 Vintage Gunners Cup will be September 15-18, 2021, again at Hausmann's Hidden Hollow.

If you want to read more about our decision, you can visit the Vintage Gunners website here: https://vintagers.org/vintage-gunners-cup. Do have a look around the website, we have past newsletters and lots of photos posted there.

Thank you, and I look forward to seeing many of you at the VGC in 2021. ----Matt

----MattH
President, Ga. Vintagers
Sidelock
Sidelock

IF YOU WOULD STILL LIKE TO SHOOT AT HHHSC IN SEPTEMBER ???

THEN THIS SHOOT MIGHT BE PERFECT FOR YOU

THE STEPHEN COBB REDNECK SHOOT of 2020 at HHHSC

posted by Jent Mitchell on August 17, 2020

Hello Shooting Friends,

Please see the invitation below from our friend Stephen Cobb.

Here is an opportunity to shoot at HHHSC in September.

HHHSC prefers that you shoot only break open shotguns so that you can throw your empty hulls directly into the trash cans.

If you shoot a semi-auto shotgun or a pumpgun you must pickup your empty hulls and put them in the trash cans.

Please carefully read the invitation below.

Good Shooting To You All, Jent

sent on August 17th of 2020

Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2020 11:34 AM
To:

WOULD YOU PLEASE FORWARD THIS NOTICE TO YOUR MEMBERS. THANKS

COBBS REDNECK SHOOT 2020
THE COBB INVITATIONAL REDNECK SHOOT IS NOT OFFICIALLY HAPPENING THIS YEAR. THERE WILL BE AN UNOFFICIAL GATHERING OF SHOOTERS ON SAT & SUN SEPT 12th & 13th AT HAUSMANN'S HIDDEN HOLLOW. YOU MAY ATTEND ONE OR BOTH DAYS. ALL OF THE GAMES THAT USUALLY TAKE PLACE WILL STILL BE AVAILABLE WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE PIGEON RING. AN ADDITIONAL DRIVEN BIRD EVENT MAY REPLACE THE PIGEON RING. THERE WILL BE NO PREREGISTERING OR ADVANCED PAYMENT REQUIRED, HOWEVER I WOULD LIKE THOSE ATTENDING TO LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO THAT I CAN GIVE ERNIE AN IDEA OF THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE ATTENDING. THERE WILL BE NO DINER OR FOOD PROVIDED. NO PRIZES OR TROPHIES. THIS IS JUST AN OPPORTUNITY FOR OLD FRIENDS TO GET TOGETHER TO SHOOT AT A FANTASTIC VENUE, AND TO SHOOT TARGETS THAT YOU DONT OFTEN GET A CHANCE TO TRY. YOU WILL PAY ERNIE DIRECTLY FOR THE TARGETS YOU SHOOT AT THE GOING RANGE RATE WHICH IS VERY REASONABLE.

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO OBSERVE COVID 19 GUIDELINES AND SIGN A COVID LIABLILITY RELEASE FORM TO PARTICIPATE. GOLF CARTS ARE YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY. THE CART PROVIDER THAT I HAVE BEEN USING IS GREAT LAKES GOLF CARTS PHONE 607-206-4100. IF THERE ARE ENOUGH REQUEST HE MAY BE WILLING TO PROVIDE THEM. YOU MUST TALK TO HIM DIRECTLY. PERHAPS IF YOU CONTACT THE SHOOTERS YOU KNOW WHO MAY BE ATTENDING AND USUALLY USE CARTS YOU CAN GIVE GREAT LAKES AN IDEA HOW MANY MIGHT BE RENTED. IN ADDITION WHEN YOU RSVP TO ME YOU COULD INDICATE WHETHER A CART WILL BE WANTED.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING ALL WHO CHOOSE TO COME. I HOPE IT WILL BE A MOST OF THE REGULARS AND A FEW NEW ONES. I KNOW THAT MANY WILL NOT BE COMING BECAUSE OF COVID. WE WILL MISS YOU! FOR A CHANGE I WILL GET TO SHOOT WITH YOU, INSTEAD OF SITTING BEHIND THE TABLE. FEEL FREE TO BRING ALONG SOME SHOOTERS WHO HAVE NOT ATTENDED BEFORE. PLEASE GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WITH EITHER A YES OR NO. tarheel07921@yahoo.com or 908-432-9813
MANY OF THE EMAIL ADRESSES THAT I HAVE FOR SHOOTERS HAVE CHANGED AND ARE NO LONGER VALID, SO PASS THE WORD TO THOSE YOU THINK MAY BE INTERESTED.

STEPHEN COBB 908-432-9813

STEPHEN COBB 908-234-0644

Sidelock
Sidelock

HHHSC is located at: N 41 degrees 51.2732 minutes W 076 degrees 02.5511 minutes ...... this is the format that GARMIN uses in its GPS units ...... your GPS might use a different format .... posted by Jent.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.