April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (NCTarheel, Jimmy W, Jeremy Pearce, canvasback, 2 invisible), 1,062 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,126
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Hugh Lomas
SKB, Not wishing to be contrarian for The sake of it but I must state that on every Birmingham boxlock I ever worked on the sear pin was always behind (rearmost) of the tumbler (hammer) . The cocking lever being the forward pin. The trigger pin would be inside on the bottom metal.

I would agree with everything you wrote.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

The tiny screw must connect the indicator to the tumbler and for it to work it must have a semi circular channel cut into the action body.

Seems rather silly to make such a cut and weaken the action at its most stressed part.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: FlyChamps
Originally Posted By: SKB
Originally Posted By: FlyChamps
[quote=crs]

That little "button" near the L is the axle pin for the triggers.

Not to be picky the that would be the sear pin, the trigger pin is located farther to the rear.

Oops! Steve, you got me I made a boo boo on that one. But I think I am correct on the hammer pin.

No need for Mea Culpa's FlyChamps...

Queen Stevie wasn't willing to admit that he couldn't tell the difference between a feather crotch black walnut blank that had no figure in the head area, and a finished stock made from thin-shelled walnut that had totally different grain and figure:

Queen Stevie's gun stock expertise can be seen here in post #560068 in this thread:

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=559819&page=1

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Hugh Lomas
SKB, Not wishing to be contrarian for The sake of it but I must state that on every Birmingham boxlock I ever worked on the sear pin was always behind (rearmost) of the tumbler (hammer) . The cocking lever being the forward pin. The trigger pin would be inside on the bottom metal.

I would agree with everything you wrote.

So why did you post incorrect information about the location of pins earlier Queen Stevie?

Looks like you could use either a little book learning, or some actual experience... or both!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

My statement was correct but worded differently than Hugh made his statement.

Must suck being as dumb as Billie k.

Still dumb.

Still wrong, still Billie k.

I think Billie is upset because his complete lack of experience has been exposed.

Book smart Billie is really not nearly as smart as he would like the board to think.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

My statement was correct but worded differently than Hugh made his statement.

Right Queen Stevie... and that's why Hugh corrected you. Because he knew you were correct.

It doesn't take much book learned knowledge to see the difference between feather crotch black walnut and thin shell walnut with totally different grain and figure either. Even after I explained the differences to you, you still were too dumb to tell. You really showed all of us your gun stock expertise there too.

Tell us, is it better to be book smart... or perpetually dumb like you are?

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I think Billie k is upset he because tried proving me wrong in the stock blank thread and failed miserably. Poor little Billie k and his fragile ego.

Please point out exactly what I wrote that was wrong. The pin I identified is indeed the sear pin and the trigger pin is indeed to the rear but I did not state as Hugh did that it is located in the triggerplate.

Book read Billie k....still wrong, still dumb, still Billie k.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

You didn't prove me wrong in the recent stock blank thread Queen Stevie.

You merely proved that you believed a number of internet sources that incorrectly define rift sawn lumber.

Those sources say that rift sawn lumber is cut perpendicular to the growth rings, yet they also say that rift sawn lumber shows end grain 30 to 60 degrees to the faces of the board or blank. You say that 45 degrees is the ideal. You cannot have it both ways... unless you are just too dumb to think, and are just a parrot.

https://www.advantagelumber.com/sawn-lumber/

https://www.advantagelumber.com/sawn-lumber/rift-sawn.html

That isn't perpendicular to the growth rings, but you are too stupid to see the discrepancy. So tell us more about all of your practical experience in farming out actual gunsmithing work, since you have no book learned knowledge.

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

As I thought....you could not point out anything incorrect in my statement in this post and you are still wrong about rift cut stock blanks.

My favorite part of that exchange was when you said KY Jon was wrong. He has forgotten more about stocking guns and wood blanks than you will ever know. Jon learned through doing, something you do not have the skill set for.

Book smart Billie k, but never stocked a gun. Boy are we lucky an expert such as yourself graces us with your hard gained knowledge.

What a poser.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

You say that I have never stocked a gun, but that is totally untrue. KY Jon was absolutely wrong when he repeated the incorrect definition of rift sawn lumber as having the growth rings 30 to 60 degrees to the face of the board or blank. The rest of his statement was correct, and I said so.

Meanwhile, we have you posing as a gunsmith when you screwed up and openly admitted to farming out much of the work you charge customers to do to real gunsmiths.... while you spend all day here showing us how dumb you really are.

Easy to see just who is the poseur.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.