April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (ClapperZapper, Tim in PA, Jimmy W, battle, 1 invisible), 439 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,220
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
A little bit of shuffling around, but quite a bit easier than getting at the first gun that went in a safe. Maybe, make a short term three or four gun rack for pulling guns for the day or keeping things safe while getting at the back row.

The idea of a 2-4 gun rack kept clear for the days guns Is a hell of a good idea.

My safe is 3 deep and 8 wide and Im always looking for a good spot to place the guns Ive pulled out to get at one in the back.

Last edited by canvasback; 07/11/20 01:23 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: craigd
A little bit of shuffling around, but quite a bit easier than getting at the first gun that went in a safe. Maybe, make a short term three or four gun rack for pulling guns for the day or keeping things safe while getting at the back row.

The idea of a 2-4 gun rack kept clear for the days guns Is a hell of a good idea.

My safe is 3 deep and 8 wide and Im always looking for a good spot to place the guns Ive pulled out to get at one in the back.

I have the same problem and I solved it with a neat little magnetized and padded rack that I simply slap on the adjacent safe and start stacking until I get to what I want. It holds four guns and another one if needed is only about $20 at Cabelas or Sportsmans (I forgot where I got it!!) It also works well in the field on the fender or bumper, etc of a truck while resting or planning the next drive.

Perry M. Kissam
NRA Patron Life Member
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good looking system! I need to improve on my storage facilities myself. I had an avalanche, as George describes, and now have a broken stock on one gun as a result.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Been working on a new wall gun rack to display guns horizontally instead of vertically. I have a lot of wall space but was going to start out with only 20-24 feet of wall space. Small bookcase underneath with a matching one on top with ten inches above that. Cabinet will only be 12 deep with a cutout designed so the gun rack is almost fully viewable from any angle. Might make uprights only six inches deep.

Working with a Sketckup drawing programs that gives you a 3-D view with the ability to turn the sketch around for different views. From that you can make a detailed cut list. Then I will build one prototype out of popular and see how it works. Once approved I will make them all out of cherry or honey locust lumber I have on hand. Have not decided to use leather as the wall background or colored wool felt. Vertices racks to hold the guns will be walnut. It looks good with both the cherry or honey locust. Walnut goes with every color felt.

Sidelock
Sidelock

For some of the guns, I use a vertical rack with wheels

Last edited by skeettx; 07/13/20 09:46 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
For some of the guns, I use a vertical rack with wheels

In California, that rack in your home would make you a criminal, even if kept in a locked room. I know a lot of criminals.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I LOVE TEXAS

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

I go by the belief that my guns are safer against burglary if they are not all in the same place. Multiple break-ins would be required. I have a monitored alarm system, but live in fly-over country where the response time to a break-in would be long enough that the perps could be long gone with all my guns, if they were housed in one room, safe, etc.

I could design a secure gun room, but I'd rather carry really good insurance than spend a fortune on that. And, it definitely would cost me a small fortune to start from scratch and build a totally secure, fireproof gunroom in my 145 yr. old home. I enjoy seeing others' efforts, though.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am 74 years old, have been storing guns for about 62 years. I prefer the secure room plan over insurance. Most of that secure room money comes back when you sell the house. This is just my insight.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement

In California, that rack in your home would make you a criminal, even if kept in a locked room. I know a lot of criminals.

Not according to my long time Californian shooting partner.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.