April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (Lloyd3, Chad Linder, Marks_21, earlyriser, 2 invisible), 224 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,462
Posts545,017
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

https://auctions.springer-vienna.com/de/..._just_-_ferlach

Ferlacher maker Josef Just retires and in a effort to raise funds for retirement, a trip to Monte Carlo or around the globe, etc. auctions a lot of 5 thru Springer being a set from 1989 and the guesstimate was 32k and
it realizes 55k . Considering the current state of the times, I'd say that is a pretty exceptional realization.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wow!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Set of 5 / some time before as well another set of 5
Its correct Josef Just retired/ceased operation due to no business successor.
I understand the lots came from a very big collection
from Northern Europe and not from J.Just himself.
I attended the auction and if I got it right the frenzy bidding
has been between two Springer employees
- both of Russian origin - taking bids by phone.
And the Russian JSE-secretary-beauty raising full of
joy the fist having the successful bidder on her phone.
So the old rule still applies : "Art and guns follow money".
In this case someone between Kiev and Wladiwostok considered
this lot to be a must-have for him.
Another lot, a Fabbri Over-Under, made 34 KE.
My guess to US.
Many other Italian gun-beauties there.
Last Olympic games 9 of the 12 shooting competitions have
been won with Parazzis.
"Bella Italia Rules."
Felix

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a 16ga shotgun fully engraved and signed by Ferd Just, Graveur, Ferlach Austria but gun made by Jos. Hambrusch, Ferlach Austria. Was Ferd related to Josef Just?

ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Not sure on ole Ferdinand Just but the probability is very high that they are related.

Mr. Neuberger:

I had my suspicions you were in attendance @ the auction & I for one would have assumed it was your heavy handed bidding that drove the price up to an interesting sum. But then again you have commented that you have peaked on collecting. But have you an image of this Russian Beauty, being a Johann Springer Erben Secretary in Vienna? Maybe if I visit you can give me the Springer 5(Nickel) tour and make the introductions?

I have heard, read & seen that during this COVID19 period, there has been an astronomical increase in purchase of luxury arms in Russia.

Although I do hate to admit it, but those Perazzi competition guns are like magic wands.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

These rifles were quite the joy to view. Amazing pieces of art. I would have thought they would have brought more.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Boltman
These rifles were quite the joy to view. Amazing pieces of art. I would have thought they would have brought more.

I completely agree. Quite surprised at what seemed to be a very sharp price.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quite some auction.

ellenbr Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I was composing a list of the couple top extravagant Ferlach makers whose wares really fetch some funds:

Peter Hofer

Wilfried Glanznig(Grande Complications)

Johann Fanzoj(pretty much production modells)

I am sure 3rd position can go to another mechanic like Hausmann or Herbert Streitmeier.

Thanks to Wolfgang, I now am aware that Mr. Grande Complicationns / Wilfried Glanznig is for the most part retired and he was an apprentice & co-worker of Just. So that line has pretty much terminated.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.