March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (FlyChamps, Marc Ret, 1 invisible), 771 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,013
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's very difficult to read your response...I just had eye surgery on good eye...the good news is that I'm getting a DaVinci device in about a week and I'll be able to read and smith again...I will read carefully and respond then...
O.T. I have unpublished manuscript that was written by an agriculture historian that happens to be a biography of sorts of Fred Adolph...I have't read it in 35 years (can't read it now...yet)...the authors name was Ward O'Hara...I didn't write it so I can't defend it from website bullies who will roast someones entire postings on a misspelled French proper noun...what I'm asking is, is it safe to post controversial information here? I remember a member accusing you of being on LSD for your damascus to Arabic writing observation...I mean who needs it?...I would like to post the raw information for all the great members but for the playground bullies...like the ones who chased Johan Fanzoi away

To post or not to post? what's your opinion please ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting Robert! This Ward O'Hara?
http://wardwoharaagriculturalmuseum.org/

Possibly The Double Gun Journal would be interested in publishing the manuscript, if not under copyright, with your additional comments? There will need to be some good images to accompany the article.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Good idea Drew,
I was trying to do something good for all the good/great members without getting into a hastle with the well known trolls...even some of the well respected members play thier cards close to the vest...in other words, the more they know and the less everyone else knows, the better off they are...go back and read the Joy
e Loy engraving thread to see what size sharks are here...they know Joe Loy's secret signature, but they will not share with the other members...

I don't want to be one of those, I want to be like you and ellnbr who freely share knowledge...I guess I'll have to look for something else to contribute here...thanks

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 05/27/20 04:24 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

More good reading

L'Armurerie Liegeoise, Institut D'Etude Economique Et Sociale Des Classes Moyennes, 1949
http://www.leonmignon.be/web_documents/armurerie_liegeoise-ieescm_1949.pdf
“La Technique Du Metier” (The Craft Technique) starts on p. 14
Images of workmen from Archive du Musée de Vie Wallonne

Thomas and Léonard Dombret, "Fabrication Des Canons Damas"; Enroulement d'un ruban sur le mandarin. Nessonvaux, 1925.

Google translate is OK but misses some of the technical terms
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.leonmignon.be/web_documents/armurerie_liegeoise-ieescm_1949.pdf&prev=search

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.