April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (SKB, Dan R, Marks_21, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 936 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,146
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's the thread where I quoted Miller's insightful knowledge from ted.

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=551032&page=5

Perhaps you could highlight for us all how I took them out of context, and while your at it highlight any other possible meaning Miller could have been getting at in any other "context". Are you asserting that Miller never believed that there was no prohibition against slavery in the bible? He did believe that and he stood by it. If he were still here, to his credit, he wouldn't abandon his beliefs as quickly as you would have him. Which I think is more disparaging to the deceased then speaking ill of them, which I still can't find where I did speak ill of him in my post, so your latin is off the mark.

Sorry if you, buzz and Gr8day don't like being reminded of his closely held beliefs on the bible and slavery. But if you find his beliefs offensive, than your issue really isn't with me.

I stand my statement that he was well liked by the membership.

Last edited by nca225; 05/27/20 11:11 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

nca225, you carefully crafted your post to disparage the beliefs of the deceased without stating anything outright blatant, and you damn well know it. You used a thread that was meant to honor and remember Miller to belittle him with your subtle dishonor. Your pretending to be squeaky clean is revolting, but not surprising. What is notable is to what depths of depravity you will lower yourself to further your anti-God agenda.

BTW, does the "membership", by which you say Miller was well liked, include you? I think not.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It won't be easy, not for me anyway, but just maybe I'll get to meet Miller down the road.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Miller forgave everybody. He is an example for us to follow.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

T
Originally Posted By: nca225
Here's the thread where I quoted Miller's insightful knowledge from ted.

https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=551032&page=5

Perhaps you could highlight for us all how I took them out of context, and while your at it highlight any other possible meaning Miller could have been getting at in any other "context". Are you asserting that Miller never believed that there was no prohibition against slavery in the bible? He did believe that and he stood by it. If he were still here, to his credit, he wouldn't abandon his beliefs as quickly as you would have him. Which I think is more disparaging to the deceased then speaking ill of them, which I still can't find where I did speak ill of him in my post, so your latin is off the mark.

Sorry if you, buzz and Gr8day don't like being reminded of his closely held beliefs on the bible and slavery. But if you find his beliefs offensive, than your issue really isn't with me.

I stand my statement that he was well liked by the membership.

You took it completely out of context, as Miller pointed out later in the same post, he was making the point that you cannot judge the past by the present. You clearly read that and chose to leave that part out.

You also damn with faint praise. I find it interesting that faint praise would not be true enough to be chiseled into your own headstone.

If you cant say something nice....

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Miller was a good guy, he was a positive contributor who will be missed

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Miller had a knack for mathematics. He was highly intelligent and while I gathered he was self-taught and his education was mostly through hard knocks and experience which was better than formal schooling. While he rarely showed flashes of displeasure with posters, when he did it was measured and never aggressive. In summary, he was a gentleman. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm trying to mourn Miller's passing in a positive light.
So, I'm handling my measuring tools, and carding files.

Please don't spoil his memory with petty bickering.

He was born and raised in a far different time than most of us.

Celebrate the good.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

You took it completely out of context, as Miller pointed out later in the same post, he was making the point that you cannot judge the past by the present. You clearly read that and chose to leave that part out.

You also damn with faint praise. I find it interesting that faint praise would not be true enough to be chiseled into your own headstone.

If you cant say something nice....

Best,
Ted

How so? He used his belief that the bible does not prohibit slavery to justify his argument. How is that out of context? Are you contending that Miller was only a sunshine friend to his beliefs and readily dumped them when convenient? That wasn't Miller.

You fellows seem upset about something that is beyond my control. Its not up to me how you interpret what Miller believed in or didn't. It smacks of hypocrisy that your upset at me about a belief of his that is well documented. He stood by it in life, why don't you let him in passing? And frankly, if you are only mourning your idealized version of the man, you really aren't mourning the man at all.

I suggest you look more inward on this and figure out what is making you upset or just accept Miller on the whole because if your total measure of a person stops at their knowledge of firearms and their willingness to share it, you've made a gross miscalculation along the way.

I stand by my statement, he was indeed well liked by the membership.

Last edited by nca225; 05/28/20 10:11 AM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

I suppose we owe our atheist friends here the same respect for their beliefs as we demand for our own. This is a memorial thread for one of our own, one of our best. Not the place for rancor...Geo

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.