April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jimmy W), 376 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,480
Posts545,228
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I will second Stan's hope for your house to remain dry. I can say from experience, a flood can turn your life upside down even if your house is spared.

It took 5 years for the roads to be repaired between my house and town after our "500 year flood" in 2013. I fared far better than my neighbors living below me but it still made for some very difficult times.

Wishing you the very best.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Like the old saying, God willing and the creek dont rise!

Thanks guys

I couldn't figure out why the water was so low in front of my house So, I drove down to the end of the road To see.
Well it turns out that the flood gates are closed, so, the head of water on the other side of them is about 6 or 8' higher than where my ditch ends.
so what that means, is that If the floodgates fail, or if They are topped,I lose about 8' of elevation out of my ditch. So, if it weren't for the flood gates being closed, I'd be right back where I was a couple of days ago.

It was very strange, driving along the levy Seeing the river with in a couple feet of the top, but It being higher than The cab of my truck flowing by.

The roads are all water covered two miles down.

Crest is tomorrow sometime.

Last edited by ClapperZapper; 05/21/20 08:59 PM.

Out there doing it best I can.
LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good luck, keep us posted.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The river crested at 10 this AM.
I dodged the bullet.

The reason I did not get flooded or should I say have waters around my home, is because of the gentle breeze from the south west that is blowing the water out of Saginaw Bay.

The Saginaw River flows straight north 12 miles into Saginaw Bay, its a river of commerce.

A northeast wind (think fall and winter storms), pushes water back into Saginaw Bay from Lake Huron, and raises river water levels.

The high-pressure system that arrived after the storm, accompanied by the southwest wind due to the expanding warm air from the west, pushes the water out of Saginaw Bay and pulls the water out of the river more quickly.

So, weve reached the crest With no rain expected for three or four more days and I can go back to my normal routine.

Thank you for all the well wishes, and naturally I am very grateful that things worked out.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Good news. Glad to see you are safely out of it. Floods worry.me more than other disasters for some reason.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

CZ, I'm very glad you dodged the bullet with this flood. I hope the waters recede and give you no more problems. But, one question keeps bugging me. Why does a "greyman" tell the location of his house, and describe it (170 years old ....... stone)?

The greyman concept is to blend in with every other person in the "crowd" and draw no attention to one's self. Spotting the location of your home, and describing it, is not the way to do that.

?????????? SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Old stone houses are common in this area.
People emmigrated, cleared some forest, found out the glaciers left great building material, and used it.

My unimportance is pretty secure.

Now that the Coronabowl is over downstate, I can go back to unrelenting obscurity within the mass.

And remember, first leave no trace. LOL!

Sidelock
Sidelock

I dunno, man. Naming your county isn't exactly what I would call "leaving no trace".

Good luck with that. SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Meta data harvested and available via a common cell phone leaves no man grey, regardless of what he believes. There exists a version of the hellfire that is non explosive, and will kill you in your car, leaving bystanders outside uninjured. If you have a phone, you can be instantly targeted.

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairw/20190525.aspx

Grey disappeared a long time ago.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Meta data harvested and available via a common cell phone leaves no man grey, regardless of what he believes. There exists a version of the hellfire that is non explosive, and will kill you in your car, leaving bystanders outside uninjured. If you have a phone, you can be instantly targeted.

https://www.strategypage.com/htmw/htairw/20190525.aspx

Grey disappeared a long time ago.

Best,
Ted

Dang, Zapper

Survive a flood just to get turned into cole slaw by a ninja ginsu missile.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.