April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Jimmy W, eeb), 1,158 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,842
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Old No7 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Waidmannsheil to all -- hope you're all doing well these days.

I finally got my "Unbekannter Hersteller" (Maker Unknown) Drilling out to the range to begin the process of sighting-in the Krieghoff .22 Mag barrel insert (Einstecklauf).

I spent some time before firing the first shots bore-sighting the 8mm rifle barrel onto a target at 50 yards and then adjusting the 1.5-6X Hensoldt-Wetzlar scope to be close to that. The scope isn't as easy to adjust as the Leupold scopes I'm used to, but using some info found online (either from this site or the GermanGuns site) I got it done. (That was after removing all of the old dried grease from under the top plate and ring last night, as was recommended.)

This image shows the impact of one round from the 8mm Mauser barrel at 3 o'clock using the iron sights and an informal rest (in hindsight, I should have fired at least 3 rounds); and above it, there's a tight 3-shot group from the 22 Mag using the scope -- all shot from 50 yards. I think this confirms that the Einstecklauf will be accurate enough for small game out to 50 yards or more, once I get it perfectly dialed in that is. I am very pleased that it shot this well, especially when you consider the action has to be opened up to unload/load each time which disturbs the setup on the bench.

At this point, I think I've settled on the following for a Drilling/Einstecklauf sight-in process, and I'm curious if anyone sees anything they'd change?

* Shoot a 3-shot group with rifle sight (iron) at 50 yards with the 8mm Mauser (hope it's close to center)

* Adjust the scope to then group with the iron sights at 50 yards, with the 8mm Mauser

* Adjust the Einstecklauf 22 Mag to group with the 8mm Mauser group at 50 yards, when scoped

* Then check impact of the 8mm & 22 Mag at 75 yards, and the 8mm only out to 100 and 150 yards

I'm hoping to do the above in 1 to 2 more trips to the range, now that I am comfortable removing and adjusting the Einstecklauf at the bench.

If the iron sights won't group with the scope, then maybe I'll only use the Einstecklauf when it's scoped, but we'll see how it goes.

Thanks all.

Old No7

Last edited by Old No7; 05/18/20 03:27 PM.

"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Sidelock
Sidelock

Old No7,
See my comments on the GGCA forum.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lots of fun. When I got my .22 insert, I had my 7x65R already grouping well at 100yds and the scope was set. Come to think of it, I have never tried my iron sights...

Regardless, I then dialled in my einstecklauf so it was shooting a nickel sized 5 shot group at 25 yds. It’s only slightly wider and higher at 50. They are shockingly accurate.

My plan is to try slugs at 50yds with the iron sights.

Look here https://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=511683#Post511683

Last edited by Dilly541; 05/18/20 05:34 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.