Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
....Anyone who doesn't agree with me on anything, from abortion to unbridled zealotry, is a disloyal and ignorant.

Aside from what cback pointed out about the uniqueness of different locales, couldn't some, clearly not all, of your written ideas be subject to criticism of universally varying enthusiam? More to the point, don't we know the screen name as a person, it's probably possible, who would vote for a northam or a biden? Yet, the poster never discusses the value of having the will to ignore the factual result of the whole agenda of the policy maker, preferring inconsequential diversions?

Hal Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks for the link. Folks in UK can rest easily now with a fresh can of approved brightly colored dye on hand in case folks break into their homes with rape or robbery on their minds. Small businesses might want to keep a couple extra just in case.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Magna Carta had something to say about rights of kings and the rest of us, Argo. I like to think sovereignty rests with the people. Americans and Canadians differ widely on this from the way our colonies decided to govern themselves. Generally, Canadian public opinion has rested comfortably with registered handguns and unregistered long guns, and handguns in public spaces only by special warrant.

Within the last 20 years, you and I witnessed how emotions of sovereign people expressed through the will of our legislatures (the apparatchiks, you mention) has changed "the most fundamental of rights for a free people." 9/11, the Montreal massacre and the worst mass killing in Canadian history just down the road from me two weeks ago gave the US the Patriot Act and Canada another gun ban.

Turning things around is my day job. I've expressed my opinion about ARs here. I can't find a pulse of the commitment shown by Canadian gun owners from coast to coast to coast that scuttled the long-gun registry. It may be a good thing. We must pick our battles. With sincere respect for your opinion, strategies to protect what gun rights we have won't include old words engraved in gold That day is gone forever, like covid is doing to us now..

Sidelock
Sidelock

Everything is open to criticism. My opinion has no more value than yours. It's when we stop talking reasonably to each other, as in the US for reasons beyond my understanding, is when the trouble starts. I know as fact, when people are given a break and told the truth, they work together. Peerless consultation is key. No side games.

Sidelock
Sidelock

when people are given a break and told the truth, they work together. Peerless consultation is key. No side games.

WOW-- all of the things that Lieberals play games with!!

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
Sidelock
Sidelock

....Turning things around is my day job. I've expressed my opinion about ARs here. I can't find a pulse of the commitment shown by Canadian gun owners....

....It may be a good thing. We must pick our battles....

No side games, please.

You have repeated many times about there being no Canadian 'pulse' in support of AR type possession and use. Is this an example of attempting to create a truth if we hear it often enough? Wouldn't it be fair to say that there have been other repetitions, that you aren't overly fond of, that are true by many higher magnitudes?

Possibly a simple search will show that there is widespread and significant efforts on the pro side of the AR issue? No, I don't think you should pick a battle that you don't feel like picking. But, isn't a convenient strategy to legitimize the antis, on the emotions of like minded buddies, so that they are entitled to increments of their agenda, on demand?

Seeing as our cultures haven't the slightest in common, is it offensive of me to wish a Happy Mothers day to those in your family who it might pertain to?

Last edited by craigd; 05/10/20 03:37 PM. Reason: spelin i thinc
Sidelock
Sidelock

King, as I understand your new law....it goes far beyond AR's, "Black Guns," Kalasnikovs, to include M-1 Garands, Enfield bolt action rifles, Springfields, and a host of bolt-action hunting rifles and cartridges to include some center-break SxS big game guns. The Progressive broom made a very wide sweep...and it went far beyond what you advocate - limiting AR's.

There is a danger in giving ideologues absolute power over your liberty. It's your choice...you've made it....we respect that just as we respected Canadian immigration policies which allowed almost the whole of the Muslim extremists from the Milan mosque charged with supporting the Islamic fundamentalists in Bosnia to immigrate to Vancouver - so much that by the late 1990's, Vancouver was called "Milan-West." But I wonder how it's going down in Western and Northern Canada.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Such a sentiment would be welcome any time, craig. Reference to effectiveness of no side games as fact comes from experience in helping to make successful public policy. Once a representative group gets together to find solutions it intuitively recognizes within minutes if anyone is in it for themselves.

Our provincial government, failing to meet its environmental and forestry goals, asked my association, acclaimed world-wide with knowing how to make things happen, to provide solutions. We did within a month, and the Province unprecedently turned over its private lands responsibilities to the association. Nearly 70 per cent of our forests are owned privately, the rest large industrial and Crown.

Responsible organizations don't manufacture "truths" for public approval or consent nor do they need majorities to convince publics that ideas and innovation for better management are more important than political manipulation of public affairs.I sent the following to a publication's letters column on the issue today, cribbing from what I've already said here:

"Good to see my hunting and fishing buddy Roger Porter (and worlds greatest dentist for decades) weighing in on the contradictions of the assault-rifle ban. Weve never agreed on anything but hes right as far as he goes.

Bans cannot prevent individual or mass killings by firearms or anything else. This ban will stick because emotion drives politics, as everything else. Assault rifles are an affectation. Theres no pulse in the gun community to fight the ban as it did with the long-gun registry. It will pick its battles to protect what it had before the Montreal massacre.

We may dig in the weeds, use all the old words engraved in gold of rights, liberty and democracy. Within the last 20 years weve seen their value after 9/11 and Montreal and Nova Scotia mass killings: the draconian Patriot Act attack on freedoms in the US and ever-tightening gun control in Canada.

The AR bans lack of clarity, purpose and contradictions is intended, Standard Operating Procedure for our federations famed accommodation of muddling through on complicated rights issues. If the AR lobby wants to keep its guns,
it will have to want them more than those who oppose them.

I see no sign of it among national shooting sports associations, gun clubs, gun shops or among my hunting buddies."

Sidelock
Sidelock

keith, all of that is in your hashtag: bad enough to think that way but published as your credo clearly to the world--- Anyone who doesn't agree with me on anything, from abortion to unbridled zealotry, is a disloyal and ignorant.

No King, you are being dishonest again. But dishonesty is all you know. We see that again with your continued lie claiming that there is virtually no opposition to the latezt Canadian gun ban. A simple Google search is all we need to see you are lying and lulling again. We debate and disagree on many subjects here. But there is only one that raises my ire to the point that I consider the opposition to be our enemies.

You and rocky mtn bill are indeed disloyal and do no favors to other gun owners. You openly support the incremental destruction of the 2nd Amendment Rights of law abiding citizens. You propose that law abiding citizens should simply roll over like your poor abused dog when you hawkered down his terrified throat, and give up some of our Constitutional freedom.

You proudly aid and abet the Liberal Left Democrats who hate all guns, and who continually work to take them from honest Americans who have never abused the rights guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment.

At the same time, Libtards like you and rocky mtn bill abhor the imprisonment and punishment of repeat career criminals and violent repeat offenders. We know taking career criminals off the street works, and we know taking away the rights of law abiding citizens never works. When taking away the rights of honest law abiding citizens does not work, the typical reaction of anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats is to say they didn't go far enough, and they need to ban more guns.

If the Boy Scouts, or a Church, or school knowingly employs a pedophile, then they are complicit. If you support the anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats who campaigh on a promise to steal our freedom and our gun rights, then you are complicit... And you are our enemy. I'm proud and happy to make that point.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There is massive opposition to the latest gun ban by Trudeau. From all three of the significant firearms lobby groups. From various provincial hunting and wildlife federations, from every group of hunters and firearms enthusiasts I am aware of. I don't know a single hunter or shooter who supports it. Not one single person. And I'm in contact with a lot. Any suggestion otherwise is just not true.

Further to the original purpose of the thread. While it may not have been their avowed intent, the OIC signed by the prime minister does indeed make prohibited in Canada all 12 gauge (and larger) shotguns fitted with choke tubes. While there has been some debate about intent and how barrel bores ought to be measured, the law is argued by lawyers in front of judges and they only really care about the exact, precise wording of the law. And the exact, precise wording of the law prohibits those shotguns. Tweets and opinions from Bill Blair, our Minister of public Safety or from the RCMP are utterly meaningless. This situation can only be corrected by changing the wording of the OIC, instituting a new regulation that renders this one null and void or by established legal precedent and I'm sure most of you don't want to fight this one to the Supreme Court of Canada.

Last edited by canvasback; 05/10/20 09:45 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.