April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (AGS, Mark Larson, Jimmy W, AaronN, 1 invisible), 395 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,788
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
78CJ Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

I want to sell this, I have no idea what a fair price is. It is a rare occasion when there is no data available. Any help is appreciated. I will certainly honor the $10 fee if this is sold here.

12 Gauge, chokes appear to be very full according to my dial calipers but I don't have bore size to compare. Barrels measure to 26 13/16 but don't appear cut to me? Barrel blue is getting thin, good case color in protected areas.

Thanks

Ryan

Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting and thanks for posting Ryan.
It may be a Manufacture Liegeoise. Just forward of the flats on both barrels there is a Crown over something - could it be 'ML'? 'LD'? (Lambert Dumoulin)
The lettre annale is probably a 'f' = 1927
It carries Smokeless Proof which was mandatory after 1924.
The chambers are 65mm = 2 1/2"
The 'choke' mark only means a muzzle constriction > 2 mm or .008".
Is there nothing on the rib?

Unfortunately there is very little interest today for well used but not abused 12g Belgian doubles with 2 1/2" chambers, and the crossover stock diminishes the number of prospective buyers much more.

78CJ Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
Interesting and thanks for posting Ryan.
It may be a Manufacture Liegeoise. Just forward of the flats on both barrels there is a Crown over something - could it be 'ML'? 'LD'? (Lambert Dumoulin)
The lettre annale is probably a 'f' = 1927
It carries Smokeless Proof which was mandatory after 1924.
The chambers are 65mm = 2 1/2"
The 'choke' mark only means a muzzle constriction > 2 mm or .008".
Is there nothing on the rib?

Unfortunately there is very little interest today for well used but not abused 12g Belgian doubles with 2 1/2" chambers, and the crossover stock diminishes the number of prospective buyers much more.

I really can not make out what is below that crown. For sure an "L" but the other character sort of resembles the "L" but backwards.

Nothing on the rib at all.

Thanks for the info Drew.

LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I gather that crossover stocks were primarily intended for people who lost the sight of an eye but are they a feasible solution for cross dominance? I suspect that fitting would not be easy, but the usual solutions - tape, vaseline, winking - never have worked well for me, and switching to shooting left handed would require a whole new brain.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A lot of crossover guns wee made after WWI. A lot of men came back with missing eyes or injuries which required a crossover stock. I have never seen any that were not right shoulder, left eye but I figure a few might exist. The market for your gun is very limited and your gun is not of great value. A few hundred is the ceiling if you can even find a buyer.

Last edited by KY Jon; 05/09/20 08:10 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

my son is strongly left eye dominant and very strongly right handed.

might be interested in getting this for him... and let him try it.

? let me know what you are asking ?

thanks

can Pm or email or text 907-748-4861

cable

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.