May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
2 members (Mike Harrell, prairie ghost), 701 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,607
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 29 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 28 29
Sidelock
Sidelock

Awe, the trumpets of love reign over the darkness.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Ted, are you complaining about how Canadians drive on the way to the cottage Friday afternoon?...

Pikers. I-75 going north out of The Motor on a Friday in the 70s.

Sidelock
Sidelock

CB, Conservaturd is my contribution to the political lexicon here. Until I got called one, I had never heard the term libtard. I just thought there ought to be an equivalent label. I have to say though that putting a label on someone or on a group is not any accomplishment. We're each of us someone unique. And Canada and the US are places where all those differences are respected and supported. I'm glad for that.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 04/28/20 04:08 PM.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....I have to say though that putting a label on someone or on a group is not any accomplishment. We're each of us someone unique....

Awe, group hug, eh bill? You almost convinced me that there'll be three hundred some odd million names on the ballot this fall.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Canada and hockey...
...I'm glad for that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

What would you claim is comparable in Obama's record? I don't expect a response since none could possibly suffice.

I like this one, Bill. You gotta break eggs to make an omelet:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/...t-into-n2458115

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Ted, are you complaining about how Canadians drive on the way to the cottage Friday afternoon? Hahaha. Made that drive about a millions times. Most of it's gone now. All 4 lane divided hwy but for a section north of Parry Sound and south of Sudbury.

When I used to keep my sailboat north of Parry Sound, there would be one dead guy every weekend. We drive to and from the cottage like we play hockey. It's a blood sport.

Actually, going the OTHER way, James, Sudbury to Toronto on a Friday night. I was invited to participate in a buddies wedding, sent my dress clothes via UPS to Buffalo, and rode my 750. Crossed at Sault St. Marie, went past a lot of Canada that had no traffic, and entered a combat zone of traffic headed south. They were mostly driving mini vans and low end Japanese sedans at like 110mph. Had I known it was coming, and the attitude of the Mounties to it all, it would have been more fun. About 50 times I said to myself thank God I have the 750, instead of my Brothers Seca 600, which, was new, and that I had considered taking.

Ive been on 75 in Michigan on a bike, heading north, a few times. When people complain about unbeautiful US interstates, that is the road they are talking about. It moves along OK, once you are out of the southern end of the state, but, nothing like I saw in Canada. It is beautiful looking down into the water from the grating on the bridge, when you are on a bike.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, the speed limit on the expressway that runs past my town is 100 kph.....62 mph. It's called the 401 and through Toronto it is 12-16 lanes wide and the busiest highway in NA. It is only 6 lanes where I am. I have passed the OPP (No Mounties working traffic in Ontario) doing 130 kph. I don't mean a speed trap. I mean with the flow of traffic past a cop car going down the road with us. You really have to work to get pulled over.

In over 40 years of driving the 401 I have been pulled over once. Was driving at 145, talking on the phone and not wearing a seat belt. Up here, talking on the phone that isn't a full hands free is worse than speeding. The motorcycle cop had to chase me for 8 mile or so because I didn't notice him. LOL He had to come up beside and wave me over. When he asked where I was going in such a hurry and who was I talking to, I said my soon to be ex....I'm in the middle of divorcing her for cheating on me. He let me off. laugh

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yea, the cops were passing me, too. It came to a screeching halt in Toronto, took me an hour to get through town, in the rain.

It was a hell of a wedding. Buddy was childhood friends with the GooGoo Dolls.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Where do I sign up for the fun Canada. The little I know about driving around up there, I suppose more out in the plains, is watch out for the speed traps. Maybe it's the US plates, I dunno.

Page 17 of 29 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.