April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Leonard10, graybeardtmm3, smkummer, Lloyd3, buckstix, 1 invisible), 1,016 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,476
Posts545,186
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Originally Posted By: nca225
Then drink Lysol.

After voting for Trump?

Or before?

Preferrably before, but certainly afterwards to make amends.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Then drink Lysol.

After voting for Trump?

Or before?

Preferrably before, but certainly afterwards to make amends.

https://youtu.be/y1C8C7op9LU

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Replacement
Seems that many of you clowns have a tendency to confuse incomplete information with lying. Early on, no one knew what was going to happen with this virus, so they had to run with the best info available. Different experts had different opinions, and that led to different recommendations and conclusions. The outcomes are what they are, and we have to deal with things as they are now, not as we thought they might be. Armchair quarterbacking is easy, especially with 20/20 hindsight, so quit the pissing contest and go about having a constructive discussion.

On another note, Trump is far from perfect but he was running against Hillary. Both parties put up crappy candidates, and we, at least, got the lesser of two evils. In that contest, Ill take Trump any day. Same for 2020 if its Trump vs Biden. YMMV.

Give this man a prize.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

....I don't think you have a good understanding of what an assisted living facility is, and needs to do. Had you an understanding, then you would know that a military hospital ship or a make shift hospital such as the one in the convention center, would make a very poor assisted living facility for the elderly. If they came from an assisted living facility , that would be where they need to go because of the resources for elderly care they have there. Had you read what I wrote, instead of grasping at the straw man, you would know that I'm supportive of MA's and CT's approach. Designate certain facilities for Covid-19 patients and keep the health one's separated at different facilities from those.

Perhaps, at taxpayers expense, we could build some more assisted living facilities? China (supposedly) builds hospitals in a week....

Something tells me if you had an innie, you'd try to convince the gals at the tofu and sprouts take out place that it was actually detuned cajones. I defer to your vast experience with assisted living requirements, but hurry before some progressive sidesteps your hypocritical philosophizing, and starts offering end of life options for the discarded, eh.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Seems that many of you clowns have a tendency to confuse incomplete information with lying. Early on, no one knew what was going to happen with this virus, so they had to run with the best info available. Different experts had different opinions, and that led to different recommendations and conclusions. The outcomes are what they are, and we have to deal with things as they are now, not as we thought they might be. Armchair quarterbacking is easy, especially with 20/20 hindsight, so quit the pissing contest and go about having a constructive discussion.

On another note, Trump is far from perfect but he was running against Hillary. Both parties put up crappy candidates, and we, at least, got the lesser of two evils. In that contest, Ill take Trump any day. Same for 2020 if its Trump vs Biden. YMMV.

Give this man a prize.

I don't think so. If we had a jeb or a mit, there'd be no sunshine with manicured little briefings, and kitty like push back on left wing driving of the narrative. If a dem were prez, what do you think this world would be like if justin had a kindred spirit down south, china and who steering us through this, and media nodding in agreement?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Actually, its the other way around. Nursing homes aren't set up to deal with life threatening illnesses. Residents of these facilities are generally suffering from stable health problems, when they require more than basic health care, they get sent to a hospital. The naval ship was set up as a hospital, which would be where elderly covid patients should go, not a nursing home.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: canvasback

Give this man a prize.

I don't think so. If we had a jeb or a mit, there'd be no sunshine with manicured little briefings, and kitty like push back on left wing driving of the narrative. If a dem were prez, what do you think this world would be like if justin had a kindred spirit down south, china and who steering us through this, and media nodding in agreement?

Craig, my point is simply that you can't go anywhere in the world and not find politicians and "health experts" who haven't been wrong. About every aspect of this and in every direction.

That doesn't stop idiots like Shiney Pony (that's what we call him up here) using it to cozy up to China. I'm not saying it hasn't been politicized. But everything is. The difference in this case is as weeks have gone by since Jan 1, they have all been wrong at one time or another.

Last edited by canvasback; 04/26/20 05:38 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tim in PA
Actually, its the other way around. Nursing homes aren't set up to deal with life threatening illnesses. Residents of these facilities are generally suffering from stable health problems, when they require more than basic health care, they get sent to a hospital. The naval ship was set up as a hospital, which would be where elderly covid patients should go, not a nursing home.

Well, yah. Unless a dem is in charge. Makes you wonder what is in it for them when they give higher priority to the refrigerated semi temporary morgues then to the temporary hospitals. What is in it for them?

Chris has moved up from quoting the McPaper to Icelandic times. Like Craig said, careful what links you click on, this isnt moving up in the world.

No ride today, Lonny. Visiting disabled family. Yes, it is Sunday. Bike is down for shims at the moment. Shim over bucket is the hot tip, if you are doing it yourself.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

No ride today, Lonny. Visiting disabled family. Yes, it is Sunday. Bike is down for shims at the moment. Shim over bucket is the hot tip, if you are doing it yourself.

Might be able to get this thread back on topic, but I doubt it.

The Goose has threaded adjusters. On all FOUR valves. Even I can do that.

Lowballed a dealer on a V7. I heard him sigh and we were texting. See what happens.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

Might be able to get this thread back on topic, but I doubt it.

The Goose has threaded adjusters. On all FOUR valves. Even I can do that.

Lowballed a dealer on a V7. I heard him sigh and we were texting. See what happens.

The older air cooled Katanas had threaded adjusters. Spend all day taking the bodywork off, adjust valves in 10 minutes, spend the next day putting all the body work back on.

Lowballing is good. Riding is better.

Best,
Ted

Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.