April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Jimmy W, FlyChamps, liverwort, Hammergun, CJF, 1 invisible), 454 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,210
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 32 33
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Stan, IIRC that sear spring is from the right lock. If that's not correct or I make any other mistakes along the way, I expect CJO to be along at some point to correct me. Lol

Last edited by canvasback; 02/12/21 05:06 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Jtplumb
Beautiful! Thank you for this and previous post, your first post helped convince me to seek out a decent Lindner myself. Mine is just a 185 1907 and currently with Mr Dennis Smith. I get mine back in August. Keep it coming! Many thanks.

I have a friend who knows Dennis Smith well and I have seen up close some of his fantastic work. You'll have to post some before and after pics when your gun gets back in your hands. I'm positive you'll be very pleased.

Last edited by canvasback; 02/12/21 05:07 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

What do you use in your Ultra Sonic Cleaner? How long do you run the ultra sonic for?

Sidelock
Sidelock

in ter resting...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

i expected that i'm not the only person who is suddenly in the market for an ultrasonic rig....those case colors...completely hidden, but still there, are a powerful motivation for me...

colors like that would cost hundreds of dollars, not to mention the risks associated with the process. if a serious cleaning can bring them back...wow.

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: graybeardtmm3
i expected that i'm not the only person who is suddenly in the market for an ultrasonic rig....those case colors...completely hidden, but still there, are a powerful motivation for me...

colors like that would cost hundreds of dollars, not to mention the risks associated with the process. if a serious cleaning can bring them back...wow.

I use an ultra sonic all the time. You will find hidden colors but very rarely to this degree. I have cleaned hundreds of guns in mine and have yet to find one with that much hidden color. That said, if you buy an ultra sonic cleaner I highly doubt you will regret the decision.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thats not going to happen.
If the colors werent there in the first place, they arent going to be revealed.

Spic and span and hot water works as well as anything in an ultrasonic cleaner for firearms actions. Simple Green and water works too.

My ultrasonic cleaner has 8 minute cycles, and I routinely do it four or five times until the water comes out clear. I change the water after each couple cycles.
Unbelievable what comes off.

But, it will be so clean when you get done you absolutely must relubricate it, for fear of rusting. And the steel will be quite hot if you use near boiling water.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Some ultrasonic cleaners have heaters, a good feature. It can also do a good job on brass for reloading, but Id make sure the cleaning solution is okay, as it may differ for ferrous and non ferrous.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: graybeardtmm3

I went the ultrasonic route a few years ago. I bought a fairly large capacity version for cleaning brass of BP fouling. It was a seemingly good deal on Ebay. But it turned out to be a bust. The thing is so weak, that even with the heater running full blast and the unit cranked up to max its ability to do much of anything is pretty limited. So, buyer beware, not all good deals are good deals (I know, that's not exactly big news).

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mine is an L&R brand, outrageously costly new, I bought mine used on ebay minus the basket. All in I think I have about 275$ in it, not cheap but it has been used steadily for the last 17 years by me it still does a great job. I use a diluted gun cleaning solution, Chem-Crest 235, costly stuff but it lasts forever if you use it diluted.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Page 4 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 6 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.