March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Owenjj3, SKB, Philbert, dukxdog, Marc Ret), 842 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: ed good
craig, let us agree then, that justice should be blind, color or otherwise?

and that we should all be equal before the law?

Sure ed, but who's fry'in the fish? Where can I sign up for being in charge of selectively applying the law?

That's an easy one. Just become a conservative judge.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

craig: become a judge with a partisan agenda...

Last edited by ed good; 04/10/20 03:43 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

How many here know there were "TWO" 13th amendments. How many know that until after the war a black person could not own property in the state of ILLINOIS, Land of Lincoln. How many know that for the entire term Lincoln served as president the capitol in Washington DC was being worked on with "Slave Labor". How many know why the Union ships laying outside Charleston Harbor never entered the harbor to support the Union at the Battle of Fort Sumpter. 1 clue, t was not because they were Yellow-Bellied Yanke Cowards afraid of being fired on. How many now that Lincoln never Freed a Single Slave.

How many know that Lincoln's "Infamous" Gettysburg Address "That Government of the People, By the People & For the People Shall Not Perish From the Land" is one of the most Hypocritical speeches that was ever uttered between two teeth. Lincoln Single handed took the Government from the "People" & put it in the hands of the central government, The one thing our founding Fathers tried their best to prevent from ever occurring.

Upon Lincoln's shoulders rest the lives of between 600,000 & 800,000 American Lives. The Real name of this war should be Lincoln's War. He started it not the Confederacy. Yes, the CSA was an Independent Nation. People you have been LIED to for 165+ years all for the sake of trying to defend Lincoln's atrocities to uphold his Anti-Constitutional Actions.

Last edited by 2-piper; 04/10/20 04:32 PM.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

"go down moses...

way down in egypt's land...

tell ole pharaoh...

to let my people go"...

Last edited by ed good; 04/10/20 05:16 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
I no longer fight the WBTS. My forefathers did and lost it. All things considered I find that alright because it resulted in the survival of the Union and the flag I swore allegiance to when I joined the Army, and still do.

But I submit that we should consider this. Slavery was an American sin, not only a Confederate one. The Dred Scott decision was from the US Supreme Court, not the Confederate Supreme Court. The Missouri compromise was enacted in Washington, not Richmond. Northern slavery was just as much a thing as southern slavery until it wasn't...Geo

Good thinking George. Often, the past is best left in the past. But I will say slavery was NOT an American sin. It has a history as old as human kind and has been rampant throughout history among all peoples.

And it is almost uniquely our shared ancestors from the British Isles who began the movement of the modern world to outlaw slavery. First by attempting to outlaw it throughout their Empire and additionally with moral suasion with allies and others throughout the developing Western world.

There is a false pretense among those who would bash America, both from within and without, that somehow slavery is an American issue. It is, but only in the sense that people today still blame others today for the behaviors of people 150 years ago.

I always get a kick out of Miller's and others efforts here to denigrate Lincoln. I don't claim to be an expert and Miller's claims may all be factual. IDK But what is always left unsaid...un-addressed.....is the issue of what to do about slavery. As an outsider it always looks to me like the only positive that came about was the end of slavery. The rest of it looks like the typical result of most wars....a shitty time was had by all. They may be necessary at times but in general they suck.

Last edited by canvasback; 04/10/20 05:30 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
....IDK But what is always left unsaid...un-addressed.....is the issue of what to do about slavery. As an outsider it always looks to me like the only positive that came about was the end of slavery....

End?

I'm not the biggest fan of knuckleheads ranting about reparations for something a hundred and fifty years in the past, when there are young kids today being forced into slavery and having an average life expectancy of under ten years once they're in the trade.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ed good
"go down moses...

way down in egypt's land...

tell ole pharaoh...

to let my people go"...

It's supposed to be, "Go down, Miss Moses, ain't nothin' you can say...."

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
....IDK But what is always left unsaid...un-addressed.....is the issue of what to do about slavery. As an outsider it always looks to me like the only positive that came about was the end of slavery....

End?

I'm not the biggest fan of knuckleheads ranting about reparations for something a hundred and fifty years in the past, when there are young kids today being forced into slavery and having an average life expectancy of under ten years once they're in the trade.

Craig, if it wasnt clear in my post I meant as a legal thing in the USA.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Notwithstanding the efficacy of reparations, as that would be a different discussion, I just want to make sure of your point here.

Are you dismissing out of hand the idea of reparations for state sanctioned slavery based on race, because of the persistence of slavery achieved by criminal means?

Reparations has a lot of issues with it, but perhaps you elaborate a bit on what one has to do with the other. Cause it kinda sounds like..."Why should I have to pay for what great granddad did when people are still doing it today..."

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
....Are you dismissing out of hand the idea of reparations for state sanctioned slavery based on race, because of the persistence of slavery achieved by criminal means?

Reparations has a lot of issues with it, but perhaps you elaborate a bit on what one has to do with the other. Cause it kinda sounds like..."Why should I have to pay for what great granddad did when people are still doing it today..."

I take it with the same seriousness as you would, if a neighbor handed you their speeding ticket and told you to pay it. As for 'people are still doing it today', at one time there was a stigma attached and negative consequences. Today, some are indoctrinating our future generations about zero consequences for a slew 'victimless' crimes. It's about hypocrisy to me.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.