March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Travis S), 251 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,976
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

For example, Larry Clown was here just last week attacking our pro-gun President Donald Trump. He accused Trump of not preparing and mobilizing for a 100 year pandemic. Of course Larry won't tell you that epidemiologists have been warning about something like this long before Trump entered politics.

Notwithstanding that you make absolutely no point with that statement, Would you regale us with exactly how Trump has well handled the government response to this epidemic? Please be as specific as possible. As it stands now it seems that Larry is correct in his assessment.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/a-timeline-of-trumps-missed-opportunities-on-coronavirus-193202249.html

Last edited by nca225; 04/09/20 04:13 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Some of you guys have a strange understanding of just what the "war of northern aggression" was...Geo

cause youre right from your side, Bob, but Im right from mine.
(Johnny Cash quoting Bob Dylan)

https://youtu.be/x-SKCWXoryU

Fair enough...Geo

Knew this would come in handy sometime:

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 04/09/20 03:11 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Please explain to me the difference between the "Secessionists" of 1860 & those of 1776. The first ones are normally called Heros & the later one's Rebels & Treasonists, Both were doing the same thing, leaving an existing government & starting a new Independent country.
Currently Camp Commander of B F Cheatem Camp 72, TN Division, Starnes Brigade Sons of Confederate Veterans. One of my Great Grandfathers served in the 45th Infantry CSA & another in the Starnes/ McLemore 4th TN Volunteer Cavalry.
I Apologise to NO ONE for their service.

Last edited by 2-piper; 04/09/20 09:50 PM.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 2-piper
Please explain to me the difference between the "Secessionists" of 1860 & those of 1776. The first ones are normally called Heros & the later one's Rebels & Treasonists, Both were doing the same thing, leaving an existing government & starting a new Independent country.
Currently Camp Commander of B F Cheatem Camp 72, TN Division, Starnes Brigade Sons of Confederate Veterans. One of my Great Grandfathers served in the 45th Infantry CSA & another in the Starnes/ McLemore 4th TN Volunteer Cavalry.
I Apologise to NO ONE for their service.

Allow me to disabuse you of your confusion on this. The Continental Congress banded together, raised an Army and a Navy, owned the moral high ground, persisted, secured powerful allies and won the war.

The Confederates attempted to split the nation, lost the moral high ground over slavery, failed to secure strong allies, whoafully underestimated their adversary and lost the war.

The only reason why they were not put to the sword was by the graciousness and generosity of their Northern betters.

However, I for one believe a conquered people should be reminded that they are conquered...Frequently and endlessly. Even 155 years after the fact if the conquered forget.

Treason has consequences.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Nothing to do with Price street, but, since the thread got diverted something to consider.

2018-19 US influenza B, 490600 cases, 34200 deaths, 7%
2019 to Wednesday, (linked article), US COVID-19. 400000 cases, 14000 deaths, 3.5%.

Chief

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ChiefAmungum
Nothing to do with Price street, but, since the thread got diverted something to consider.

2018-19 US influenza B, 490600 cases, 34200 deaths, 7%
2019 to Wednesday, (linked article), US COVID-19. 400000 cases, 14000 deaths, 3.5%.

Chief

OP mentioned the war of northern aggression. As Birmingham was also mentioned I assumed he meant Birmingham, England. Maybe it was Alabama?

If King shows up and starts babbling about hockey...

Sidelock
Sidelock

"The War of Northern Aggression" was for years called the "War of Southern Independence," later officially known in the South as "The War Between the States" (TWBTS). The yankee version of this "Civil War"....which it was not since it was between two distinct nations...seems to be taking over. But there is a language in War:
Yankee name . . . . . . . . .Freedom fighter name
. ."Bull Run". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Manassas"
. ."Pittsburg Landing". . . . . . . . . "Shiloh
. ."Antitiem". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Sharpsburg"
. ."Stone's River". . . . . . . . . . . "Murfreesboro"
. ."Beaver Dam Creek" . . . . . . "Mechanicsville"
. ."Chaplin Hills". . . . . . . . . . . ."Perryville"
. ."Fair Oaks". . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Seven Pines"

As for the Scot-English invasions and counter-invasions. A lot of the American South was settled by Scots or Scot-Irish. And a lot came over in 1620's and after 1745 as the Scottish lands were taken over by barons. Because of Slavery and after the WBTS the poverty of the area, the White population remained pretty much as it was in 1780...it was mostly Scottish or English. And though huge changes have taken place since the introduction of air conditioning and the opening of the region in the 1960's...it's still pretty much the norm. The best book written about the South of pre-1965 is still "The Mind of the South." A historical capsule of what the region we grew up in was.

Last edited by Argo44; 04/09/20 11:39 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Argo44
"The War of Northern Aggression" was for years called the "War of Southern Independence," later officially known in the South as "The War Between the States" (TWBTS). The yankee version of this "Civil War"....which it was not since it was between two distinct nations...seems to be taking over. But there is a language in War:
Yankee name . . . . . . . . .Freedom fighter name
. ."Bull Run". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Manassas"
. ."Pittsburg Landing". . . . . . . . . "Shiloh
. ."Antitiem". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Sharpsburg"
. ."Stone's River". . . . . . . . . . . "Murfreesboro"
. ."Beaver Dam Creek" . . . . . . "Mechanicsville"
. ."Chaplin Hills". . . . . . . . . . . ."Perryville"
. ."Fair Oaks". . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Seven Pines"

You left out the most important one...

Yankee.......................Rebs
Winner........................Losers aka Hosers

Sidelock
Sidelock

You can try to inject courtesy, courtliness, politeness, restraint, gentlemanliness, manners and maturity into a Yank. It's of course difficult...not impossible...just unlikely.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Argo44
You can try to inject courtesy, courtliness, politeness, restraint, gentlemanliness, manners and maturity into a Yank. It's of course difficult...not impossible...just unlikely.

Well, at least you didnt call me Lincoln.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.