March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Ian Forrester, jake van dyke, Marc Ret, MattH, 2 invisible), 827 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
I know the old adage "if you cannot say anything good...", which I've never followed, so I'm compelled to say that is one ugly design, executed to a fairly decent degree. Hideous, but glad you like it.
JR

I can relate. Ive never been one to hold back either. JR, youre an A-hole. You couldve easily just looked at the thread, and moved on, but you just had to have your say, like anyone here can give two f$&ks about your opinion on anything. You should really try and follow the old adage....

Regarding the gun so as not to go too far off topic....I like seeing B. Bradshaws innovative creations. Hes extremely talented. I dont think too many people have seen many guns like this one. Theres oodles of unique features on it that Id personally like to see in person, just to see how they work. The engineering involved in this design is impressive. Like Thad Scotts 4 bore that K. Owen built....its not for everyone, but you have to be impressed with what went into it to make it become a reality.

Sidelock
Sidelock

There is some amazing workmanship, the stock work and quality of the wood practically jumps at you. Ill not weigh in on the action or caliber, never owned, used, or, honestly, needed, either. But, I think it is nice to see something different from time to time, and to see guns completely different from mine being put to good use.
Enjoy. Wisconsin is a deer hunting Mecca, from what I have seen.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LeFusil
I know the old adage "if you cannot say anything good...", which I've never followed, so I'm compelled to say that is one ugly design, executed to a fairly decent degree. Hideous, but glad you like it.
JR

I can relate. Ive never been one to hold back either. JR, youre an A-hole. You couldve easily just looked at the thread, and moved on, but you just had to have your say, like anyone here can give two f$&ks about your opinion on anything. You should really try and follow the old adage....

From one a s s hole to another (notice I don't mind saying the actual word instead of a prettied up version), it wasn't personal, just an opinion offered to a post that begs a "what do you guys (notice I refrain from the use of "y'all", so as not to harm your sensibilities further) think of this?". Sorry it harmed your sensibilities, LeFusil, not that they really matter to anyone here as well. And I can remember a time when Two fu cks were worth something. Have a nice day...
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 03/31/20 11:14 AM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Whatever you say you cantankerous old drunk. Harm my sensibilities?? No chance. Youve been an a s s hole since day one, nothing personal...Im just telling it like it is. Hey you have a nice day yourself, Sambo.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Whatever you say you cantankerous old drunk. Harm my sensibilities?? No chance. Youve been an a s s hole since day one, nothing personal...Im just telling it like it is. Hey you have a nice day yourself, Sambo.

Thanks for the compliments, I know hard that must have been for you. And I'm not really an a s s hole, I just have a s s hole tendencies at times.
JR

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

JR

Hello John Roberts,
No Thanks for the reply.

In looking over your nearly 2100 posts since 2006 ... You confirm the old adage: "Opinions are like "assholes" - everyone has at least one." Please move on.

Regarding the gun so as not to go too far off topic....I like seeing B. Bradshaws innovative creations. Hes extremely talented. I dont think too many people have seen many guns like this one. Theres oodles of unique features on it that Id personally like to see in person, just to see how they work. The engineering involved in this design is impressive. Like Thad Scotts 4 bore that K. Owen built....its not for everyone, but you have to be impressed with what went into it to make it become a reality.

Hello Lefusil,
Thanks for the reply.

I couldn't have said it any better. Thank you. I've learned that many "keyboard-gurus", that like to throw sticks-and-stones at other peoples treasures, have little if any field experience, and can't appreciate, or afford, the finer things in life that bring pleasure to others. Rather than enjoying life, they merely sit at their keyboards and feel compelled to vomit-forth their unwanted opinions.

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
There is some amazing workmanship, the stock work and quality of the wood practically jumps at you. Ill not weigh in on the action or caliber, never owned, used, or, honestly, needed, either. But, I think it is nice to see something different from time to time, and to see guns completely different from mine being put to good use.
Enjoy. Wisconsin is a deer hunting Mecca, from what I have seen. Best, Ted

Hello Ted Schefelbein,
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, the design and mechanical ingenuity are absolutely amazing. Not to mention the quality of the workmanship and artistic enhancements. I have 27 double rifles in my collection, ranging from 8mm Lebel cal. up to 700NE cal. This one goes to the head of the class in "Class". Last Fall I was successful harvesting a nice Wisconsin Whitetail Buck with my 700NE. This Fall I'll use the "Double-B".

Sidelock
Sidelock

if a s s holes could fly - this place would be an airport...

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: buckstix
In looking over your nearly 2100 posts since 2006...

Wow...
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 03/31/20 08:05 PM.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hello All,

Tomorrow I go to the range for testing the new rifle. Sine the gun is regulated with Hornady Factory ammo, I called Hornady to get their specs on both their 500NE and their 450-400-3" loadings. Their 500NE = 2120fps with a 570g bullet and the 450-400-3" = 2050fps with a 400g bullet. Although they wouldn't give me the powder used, both use powders that fill the case. Rather than paying the high price for Factory ammo, I'll hand-load to duplicate their loads. I'll report back soon.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That is one gorgeous rifle! Incredible workmanship and artistry in wood and metal. I look forward to hearing how it shoots.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.