May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (AGS, Chantry, 1 invisible), 379 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,506
Posts545,579
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
GLS #567077 03/11/20 07:46 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
The enthusiasm of a 25 year-old coupled with the reflexes of a 50+ year old..be careful. Gil

Sometimes being careful is not enough. This kind of bike isn't what is needed to maneuver around a semi when it pulls out directly in front of you. I missed him, thankfully, and walked away, but road rash is a bad, bad thing. One of the worst areas of it ......... Oct.19, 2017.

The thrill is gone....... the thrill is gone away.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, that's one nasty wound. Good riddance to the bike. Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,
That's the worst I've ever seen!
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan.....quite the pix. You're lucky to be on this side of the grass.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Glad you walked away from it.

Being lucky in an accident is a good thing. But, Ive always believed you can do much to create some of your own luck.

https://superbikeschool.com/

You will notice Mr. Code is sitting on a bike quite a bit different than your own. This isnt an accident, and if you showed up at the two day school on your bike, you would be declined for participation.

Im guessing there is a good reason for that. Actually, I have a rather strong opinion on that, but, we will ignore that, here.

Sorry the thrill is gone. Riders can and do become non riders for a variety of reasons. I imagine one day I will too, but, it wont be today.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

If I had a ride that did that to me I'd take it out and shoot it...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Nope. I fixed it up and sold it for a fair price to a friend who knew about the accident. Proceeds helped pay for my last doublegun, the 16/20 Parker.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

Sorry the thrill is gone. Riders can and do become non riders for a variety of reasons. I imagine one day I will too, but, it wont be today.

Best,
Ted

Thanks, Ted. But, don't be sorry. I'm not. Big V twins are the only kind of bike I ever liked. I still love to look at them.

My thrill now is big 2 stroke outboards. I've got an old 21' Allison XTB that has run 87-88 mph, and we're in the process of putting a Merc 260 on an Allison XR 2001 Drag. It should run well over 100.

A buddy and neighbor of mine set the record for a single outboard on a multi-passenger boat a few years ago. He ran 151.5 mph in the Savannah River .....upstream. Measured by two GPS speedometers.

The thrill is back .......

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,
Well a guy has to have some toys. Fast in boats is like fast in anything else, and it isnt the speed itself that is the problem, as much as the sudden stop.

My horrific crash happened on a race track, at speed. Never crashed on the street, but, I wear the same garb for both-full leathers, ankle high steel toe boots, full face Snell approved helmet, and specific gloves. It can be a bit uncomfortable, depending, but, never as uncomfortable as that wound in your photo. I should mention that it happened at about 110 mph, and I was eating a banana split, with just a couple bruises and no further injuries, within an hour. I was done at the track that day, however. My leathers, gloves, helmet and boots were junk, having done what they were designed to do. They went in the trash.

I literally dont know what protective equipment one should wear going a buck fifty plus in a boat, but, I cant believe it would be much different than what I wear on a street bike.

Be careful.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
I literally dont know what protective equipment one should wear going a buck fifty plus in a boat ....

It is a Lifeline flotation and impact life vest, and a helmet, Ted. And, tho' it's not protective equipment, it's equipment nonetheless ................ a BIG set of "you know whats". That's not always enough for protection, however. Friend of ours from Biloxi blew over, racing his Allison, last April. Lost a leg, nearly lost the other. Still building race engines in his shop, however. Just tested a prototype 3.5 stroker Merc that went 516 hp. at only 18 degrees timing. It's probably gonna be good for 600 in race tune.

Good luck with your new bike. Nothing quite like the feel of that much horsepower between your legs.

Best, SRH

P.S. In the spirit of the thread, it was burning lead free fuel. grin

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.