April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Tim in PA, barrel browner, KDGJ), 473 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,201
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

guns and motorcycles....
i've often said if you're interested in one, you might be interested in the other.

after all, they're variations on a theme....internal combustion.

met a fellow years ago from austin, who belonged to a loosely organized social group called the

Torque and Recoil Society

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Sidelock
Sidelock

I like two wheels but mine is Italian and it is pedal powered. No room for guns or dogs.

Is this supposed to be an up year for grouse? I have been thinking I need to get back up north and hunt those birds again. Now I even have a quick as lightening shotgun to boot.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

If I recall correctly, it has pretty tight chokes. You have any spreaders?

My son and I are preparing for our annual bike ride around Lake Pepin on obsolete English three speed bicycles. My kid has done it since he was five. The preparation is mostly riding around on the dirty streets trying to get some saddle time in before May. Two days, 45 or so miles each day, on heavy, steel bikes.

Im easily amused. Maybe not as easily as Louis, however.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Cleaned the house, covered my TSLA short, sold AAPL puts, and won a hundred bucks on a scratch off.

Yes, I see.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: lonesome roads
Cleaned the house, covered my TSLA short, sold AAPL puts, and won a hundred bucks on a scratch off.

Yes, I see.

Did you buy the Honda?

Cool bike.

Best,
Ted

Until you gotta go somewhere.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
If I recall correctly, it has pretty tight chokes. You have any spreaders?

My son and I are preparing for our annual bike ride around Lake Pepin on obsolete English three speed bicycles. My kid has done it since he was five. The preparation is mostly riding around on the dirty streets trying to get some saddle time in before May. Two days, 45 or so miles each day, on heavy, steel bikes.

Im easily amused. Maybe not as easily as Louis, however.

Best,
Ted

No spreaders, but they have been suggested. Time will tell, but so far so good. Did nearly lop off the end of my left little finger. Gotta watch what happens when closing the gate...

Good luck on the bike ride. I'm 6 days out of knee surgery. Should be ready to go in a few months. Lots of bike time will be involved.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yea, sorry, I could have clued you in, keep stuff you value out when you close it. On the other hand, nobody ever has to be told twice.

Ive been where you are with the knees. Best decision I made was to have a doc clean one of them up, internally. Dont push your recovery.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent,
As a cyclist, I've heard about the RAGBRAI. It's the organized bike tour across Iowa that seems to be quite a feat. Now that I'm in my 70's, my limits are reduced to 50 miles and under.
Wishing you a speedy recovery with the knee!
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Karl, RAGBRAI is definitely a thing. The largest organized bike ride, or something like that, in the world. I think the numbers of riders are in the 5 figure region. They went by my house one year and though I was 300 yds from home, it took a half hour to get that last few yards. It was fun to watch however.

If you can do 50 miles a day, you could probably still do it with one longer day. I think they might go as much as 60 miles on one day of the ride but not more than that - I'm not sure though. And the route changes every year. You can always ride just part of it too. Many do that. There was also a major tiff within the organizers last fall, and I don't really know how that will shake out this year.

I've never ridden the RAGBRAI. It's not my kind of deal. I used to race bikes though, esp. back in my Georgia days. Mostly road races with a few criteriums thrown in.

I've had my left knee scoped and cut back in about 2009. This is the right one. Meniscus trimming and some general house cleaning. I think I will be back to running by fall and definitely ready for big game and birds in October. It will be a MUCH better year than last, I hope.

_________

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This is how I roll.

https://www.slowroll.bike/

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.