April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (Fudd, R. Glenz), 365 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,475
Posts545,170
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very sobering to hear Millers description of the deaths and devastation. I feel very sorry for what these folks are going through. Shortly after I bought my property, an extremely severe EF-5 tornado went through my area. It was on the ground for a very long time, and there was a largely uninhabited area where it went through with a path almost two miles wide. The whole previously wooded area looked like pictures of Hiroshima and Nagasaki after the atomic bombs. Most of the trees in one valley weren't merely knocked down, they were sucked away along with topsoil down to the hardpan clay underneath. People who had hunting camps couldn't even find where they had stood. What I saw there convinced me to spend extra money to put in a poured concrete basement with rebar woven every 16 inches vertical and horizontal when I built my house. People who took shelter in concrete block basements were killed when the block walls collapsed on them. One guy I worked with who lost his house told me his wife got the kids in the basement, and the tornado took the entire house away. He said the only items not sucked out of the basement were the washing machine, and a very heavy antique 8 1/2 ft. Brunswick pool table with two inch slate top. His wife and kids hid under the pool table, and lived. His boy got a broken arm from flying debris. When he rebuilt, the new house had a reinforced concrete storm shelter in the basement.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tornados seem to follow paths. Tuscaloosa always had them north and just south - then one center-punched the city. Tornados are not fun. Thinking about and praying for you volunteers.

Last edited by Argo44; 03/07/20 01:24 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

nature sends some pretty strong messages to contest our notions that we are in control...

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, Karl;
Fortunately, my home is about 75 miles south of Nashville. We had some rain & a bit of wind, but nothing of tornado forces.

President was in Cookeville (Putnam County) yesterday surveying the damage. His "Naysayers" immediately jumped in that he was only there because it was an election year. They would, of course, have "Howled" even louder had he not come.

News hs up-date there were at least 10 storms in this one system which covered a length West to East of a bit over 60 miles. Two of them were in KY, one in Hopkinsville & the other in Bowling Green. They were not as powerful as the worst ones in TN.

A news producer for Nashville's Channel 5 (CBS) car was "Re-directed from the direction as he was head to work the morning the storms hit, from the route he was taking into a large sign for Auto-Zone several feet over on the edge of their parking lot. The car appeared to be totaled, but apparently he was not hurt much.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.