April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (SKB, j7l2, CJF, battle, GeorgeGibbs505, bigblock), 1,273 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,143
Members14,409
Most Online1,319
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith I m sure you will be aware of the mass shooting by Derrick Bird in Cumbria in 2010 ,as you will know he killed twelve people at random driving around Cumbria he used a licensed double barrel 12 bore and a .22 bolt action rifle. As a result of this there were no further restrictions on the possession and use of those types of weapons as they were normally used as intended by those who possessed them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

DmColonial,
Google anti gun Scotland ,nothing on google perhaps its a conspiracy coincidently living here I dont see any evidence of it either

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted Schefelbein if your theory on Gun Free Zones is correct you are living in a country where you need those firearms on the other hand maybe you just need to double line your hat with more tin foil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Conservatives in the US care nothing about the population problem or about the loss of regulation to preserve soil, water, air, or public lands so long as they can get their hands on assault rifles. Mass shootings are the price they're willing to accept in order to pretend they're urban warriors defending against some fantasy threat. That habitat will be destroyed in the quest of short-term profit never appears on their radar. If they prevail, they'll need their AR 15s to defend themselves against one another when the system collapses from ignorance and neglect.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 03/04/20 04:54 PM.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith the registration of air guns was brought about by urban misuse by delinquents shooting cats dogs swans etc which culminated with the death of a child deliberately shot dead with an air rifle in the Easterhouse district of Glasgow

Last edited by Konor3inch; 03/04/20 04:55 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gregdownunder.
I saw pictures of the outcome of your ban I note your concern that semi auto rifles not handed in would enter the grey market and contribute to making society less safe I agree with you that it potentially will but what you describe is exactly the situation in America ie unlicensed semi auto centre fire rifles available to all.
If its any comfort the roughly estimated tens of thousands of semi automatic five shot shotguns that disappeared when by law they had to be converted to three shot dont seem to have emerged in criminal hands

Sidelock
Sidelock

Konor3inch, I had not heard about the 2010 shooting by Derrick Bird. Do you honestly believe that if there are more such incidents, that there will be no new push to ban those firearms as well?

Do you seriously think that registering air guns will bring back the child that was murdered, or do anything to keep people from using an air gun to shoot a dog or cat? If you weren't involved in those crimes, why must you pay to register your air gun?

I note that you mentioned that much of the remaining violence in your country is fueled by drugs and alcohol. So tell us, if victims of this violence express fear and distress, should the people of Scotland be forced to give up Scotch Whiskey, wine, and beer? Lots of Walter Mitty types like to drink alcohol.

And I also note that you chose to not respond to my query about what would have happened if you really really liked and enjoyed owning and shooting your handguns, and simply refused to give them up. Do you think that the government which you don't fear or see as tyrannical would be OK with that? Or do you think they would arrest you using whatever means of force was necessary to make you comply, and thus turn a law abiding citizen who served his country into a common criminal? How much prison time do you think your non-tyrannical government would impose upon you?

The non-tyrannical government in Australia gave graphic notice of what they would do. I think the subtle message implied here is that giving up your guns may be better than being raped in a prison shower:

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith antigunners didnt take our handguns government did mostly the right wing conservative governments which were in power at the time of the massacres but also as I wrote earlier the newly elected Labour government under Tony Blair. Carried out in an attempt to minimise the risk of future mass shootings .After Dunblane there has been no mass shootings in Scotland proof that the policy worked.
I am not particularly envious of your ability to punch paper in your back yard with one of your countless handguns it soon becomes boring. I feel sorry though that your ability to do this is possible at the price of all those prematurely dead due to the casual ease that hand guns are available to the general public in the US.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith back on topic the ban on lead is voluntary as there is no compulsion to follow it, ie if I want to continue to shoot lead shot I can . The aim is to pressurise driven game shooters on commercial shoots killing up to 1000 birds per day to shoot steel or bismuth shot to then allow those birds to be exported to Europe . It will also allow time for cartridge manufacturers to develop non plastic biodegradable wads for steel shot and 2 1/2 inch steel cartridges for old British guns . What happens next who knows.
Pheasants are commonly no longer sold to game dealers ,game dealers now commonly charge to pick up the birds, two seasons ago the pick up cost was 30p per bird for the first 100 ,20 p a bird for any above that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No I dont think there will be a push to ban those classes of firearms as they have a legitimate use for example the latest report on the thriving deer population in Scotland is considering a larger role by the general population in controlling deer numbers ,you cant do that without a rifle so in effect that is government encouraging more firearms ownership

Last edited by Konor3inch; 03/04/20 05:40 PM. Reason: Expansion
Page 9 of 23 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.