April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (buckstix, Researcher, Hammergun, Ian Forrester, AGS, 1 invisible), 801 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,817
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Eis Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll be there around the Parker/Smith tent in the afternoons, but we will be shooting at Drakes Landing, two courses hundred birds on Wed afternoon, all day Thursday, Friday and Sat morning. Great fun please come join us and then go over to the Southern to look at the eye candy. Sorry I'm not going to spend a half day standing in line to shoot fifty targets. Over the weekend we will shoot 500 targets at Drakes and still have time to make the rounds around the Southern.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I will be there this year also. Should be pretty close to Mark B's table area...I hope.

Dennis Earl Smith/Benefactor Life NRA, ACGG Professional member
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'll be there for sure

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would like to reply to comments that have been made about the sporting course for the Southern Side by Side event.
I have read on this forum about complaints about how the targets are to soft and easy.
This is a Side by Side event and there is more to the event than the competition. I feel it is a weekend for like minded people to get together and show off their nice guns and have fun.
If someone wants serious clay competition maybe they should find a tournament closer to their home.
Besides I wonder how many that have complained have actually scored 100% on the course.

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good Lord permitting this will be my 18th year at the Southern; the inaugural event, and 17 years on behalf of the LCSCA. I'll be at my usual spot inside the LC/Parker tent and easy to recognize; the old white haired guy with a limp. It'd be a privilege to meet some of you guys posting here; so please come by if you're there and make an introduction.
Things have changed dramatically since that first ever Southern Side x Side consisting of one small tent about two thirds occupied and low attendance. Nowadays the grounds are covered by three large tents (no room for any others), exhibitors have to reserve their booth space a year in advance, there's barely room to park, and it's elbow room only inside the tents. The LC/Parker tent down by the "dove field" is also a beehive of activity, but what appeals to me most is the friendship and fellowship that make this event what it has become. People come from all over the US, and certainly not for the shooting, but to visit with the friends they've made over the years; it's a "reunion" they look forward to each and every year. The only sad thing is that each year it seems another member of this great contingent has passed away, so we honor his memory and recall the great times. To illustrate how strong some of these attachments become consider this story. A few years ago an LCSCA member arrived at the Southern suffering with terminal cancer; and he did so because he was determined to be there regardless of his circumstances. This individual was a very good clays shooter and suffered through very obvious pain to make the LC Challenge Team, helping Team LC win the Cup. In speaking with this individual afterwards he told me it had been his goal to be at the Southern just one more time, visit with his friends, and to shoot as well as he could in the event. He passed away a few weeks afterwards; but his determination made an everlasting impact on me. Until one has attended and experienced the warm friendly atmosphere of the Southern it's impossible to understand the appeal so many attendees feel. I for one hope it continues and encourage anyone who's yet to attend to do so if possible; none of us are getting any younger. Tom

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very well said Tom. It is a tradition of friendship and fellowship more than anything else. Sure there are better places to shoot and shoot and shoot, but there is no better place in this country to keep up old friendships and keep SXS traditions alive than Deep River and the event Bill hosts, The Southern.

Dean

Last edited by DAM16SXS; 01/25/20 03:51 PM.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I too will be around the LC Smith / Parker tent. I will bring some LC Smith and Parker parts along with me for sale.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I will be there on Saturday and will probably shoot my DMB in the 16 bore event. What a great time to visit, peruse tables, and carouse with some fine folk.

Owen
Sidelock
Sidelock

We went last year to visit the tents and walk the course. Did not have the time to stay and shoot. We hope to return this year and shoot, in the L.C. -Parker hammer and other events. Debating whether to fly or drive; it is a 12 hour plus drive from Long Island.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Darn! Y’all need to pick it up and slide it over to the middle of the country so we westerners could make it!

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.