May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (old colonel, Jtplumb, 1 invisible), 280 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,494
Posts545,335
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: old colonel
nca225 this isnt the place, go to some other site to spin anti religion....

Yup Colonel, elsewhere may be more appropriate, but you might thank him for making you think twice about who you might be squaded up with at the clays range, or lean back on a tail gate with at the end of a long days hunt.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Originally Posted By: nca225
From 6 million years of human evolution including eating cooked meat to grow the human brain.

And then suddenly, consciousness just popped into the brain?
JR

I wouldn't say suddenly, more like a slow realization.

Its been over 25 years since I last read either book in full.

Last edited by nca225; 01/20/20 09:41 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
....I would point out that my position is strongly supported by how one has to suspend disbelief to have any confidence that any of the occurrences in the bible actually happened. Just like in a f a i r y tale....

Maybe so, but one truth, that is self-evident and endowed by your creator, is that you have the right to advertise your goal to ruin others rights. Thank you for politely and calmly explaining the foolishness of kidding oneself about finding common ground with someone like you on all not some of the hurdles the US faces.

Thats some audible BS there thrifty. You are not interested in finding any common ground with anybody who doesn't share your ideology.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Whereas, no other creature ever gained this "slow realization" over the same period?
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

....If every parable in the bible is true, then would not the same hold true for the Quran? Or Greek mythology for that matter?

If you're bent on making fun of words, maybe you're too dumb to benefit from the protections afforded by judeo-christian based laws. Just imagine, if you believe what you intolerantly joke about, you'd be forced to wear a burka and you wouldn't get that tingle up your leg from it any more.

As per usual thrifty, your jabs just miss. I am very thankful I live in a society drawn from western civilization. I don't suffer a tyranny from either government or religion too well.

Last edited by nca225; 01/20/20 10:35 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts
Whereas, no other creature ever gained this "slow realization" over the same period?
JR

No other creature expanded and grew their brains by cooking their food. Humans were the only ones to do that.

Last edited by nca225; 01/20/20 09:51 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Its been over 25 years since I last read either book in full.

If you've actually read the accounts of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, which each wrote their individual accounts of what they witnessed, in places and times far separated from one another, what of their accounts would you relegate to "f a i r y tales", or maybe a more appropriate term to your way of thinking, lies? But you already said you think it's bunk, so never mind.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 01/20/20 09:55 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

nca225 this isnt the place, go to some other site to spin anti religion....

Yup Colonel, elsewhere may be more appropriate, but you might thank him for making you think twice about who you might be squaded up with at the clays range, or lean back on a tail gate with at the end of a long days hunt.

As a guy who tried to go to seminary, I doubt I would be bothered by someone of faith, or by someone without it

When hunting and shooting and look for a common love of the game and decent ethics, cant say I have ever done a faith check in the field

Last edited by old colonel; 01/21/20 05:53 AM. Reason: Deleted error updated text

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

nca225 this isnt the place, go to some other site to spin anti religion

If you want to explain what website is focused on your religious views go for it, few will follow you there.

Like so many who shallowly reason they fail to account for what they cant explain

I am still clinging to my bible and my guns

Relax Colonel. I was content leaving it at my slight against homelessAsshole. John wanted to engage and still does apparently.

Sidelock
Sidelock

As a guy who tried to go to seminary, I doubt I would be bothered by someone of faith, or by someone like you seemingly without it.

When hunting and shooting and look for a common love of the game and decent ethics, cant say I have ever done a faith check in the field

That's decent of you and a good outlook. I'm happy to leave it at that.

Page 15 of 19 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.