May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (ksauers1, skeettx, SKB, Jtplumb, 1 invisible), 260 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,494
Posts545,331
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
....This falls under most of my views on social issues, what other people do in the privacy of their own home is not my business. I have nothing against anyone who is gay. It is just something I do not care about. The racist posts are equally obnoxious.

Maybe, you should care. Aren't these 'issues' about hypocrisy and directly related to the same agenda whose vision is to shut down case coloring outfits in places like crete, il? Oops, sorry about that Steve, I didn't get the the dog-whistle like I was supposed to, you know like Brent gets from Bill and Bill gets from the woke folk.

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
....This falls under most of my views on social issues, what other people do in the privacy of their own home is not my business. I have nothing against anyone who is gay. It is just something I do not care about. The racist posts are equally obnoxious.

Maybe, you should care. Aren't these 'issues' about hypocrisy and directly related to the same agenda whose vision is to shut down case coloring outfits in places like crete, il? Oops, sorry about that Steve, I didn't get the the dog-whistle like I was supposed to, you know like Brent gets from Bill and Bill gets from the woke folk.

I think I will stick to worrying about what goes on in my house thanks. If I ever feel I have reached perfection I will consider trying to improve how the remainder of the world does things in their homes.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Apathy Steve, my point has nothing to do with perfection or what happens in your house. It's just an observation about admitting that there's a bit bigger picture than brushing something off as obnoxious.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Originally Posted By: canvasback

There is only one problem with gun and hunting forums that ban political commentary. And that is the unfortunate fact that guns, hunting, and politics are intertwined, and Liberal Left Democrat politicians are constantly attempting to take away more and more of our gun rights.

Anyone who denies this reality is foolish or dishonest.

Anyone who wishes to avoid this reality, and pretend it won't affect our gun rights has their head in the sand... or worse.

And for some odd reason, it tends to be liberals who have the greatest desire to stifle the truth about those politicians who are infringing on the gun rights of law abiding citizens.

I gotta have a beer with this guy someday, preferably after a long day grouse hunting.
A Canadian who gets it.

Best,
Ted

I can say for a fact that brother canvasback "gets it". 2 years ago in Cook County on the North Shore of Lake Superior I had the pleasure of meeting him more than once. And he was a guest one evening at the cabin and I cooked a steak for him.

It didn't take us long to start calling each other brother, why I call him brother canvasback. Don't recall what we were drinking that evening but it wasn't beer, mostly likely something out of a bottle.

I do know that 2 days prior to that evening I shot a red phase, gray phase and a spruce in the same area.

Last edited by Cold Iron; 01/19/20 09:20 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you brother!> You are way too kind. Aside from the eerie similarities in the twists and turns of our lives, the real thing was those damn steaks and your skill, with the grill. Damn that was a good night.

Rest assured....we'll get together afield again. Too much fun to be had.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Apathy Steve, my point has nothing to do with perfection or what happens in your house. It's just an observation about admitting that there's a bit bigger picture than brushing something off as obnoxious.

Apathy? No, more like simply knowing your place. The old "judge not, lest ye be judged" thing. As to the bigger picture, there is no defense for the racist posts by your pals. Not sure how you connect defending those posts to closing of classic guns in Crete, Il.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

....Steve, my point has nothing to do with....what happens in your house. It's just an observation about admitting that there's a bit bigger picture than brushing something off as obnoxious.

....more like simply knowing your place. The old "judge not, lest ye be judged" thing. As to the bigger picture, there is no defense for the racist posts by your pals. Not sure how you connect defending those posts to closing of classic guns in Crete, Il.

Only conversation Steve, but sure folks judge without knowing what's in the heart. How else would you know my pals are racists?

How about a current events policy example? How could dems vote for a gov in Virginia with the baggage of a documented racist past? Is it because dems knew he would increase their corrections budget in anticipation of criminalizing American citizens who were law abiding in 2019? Or what about a backdoor policy example that I've already explained. Who knows what's in the heart and mind of the decision to close a crete gunshop, other than the supposed reason that the business is being crushed by targeted fees and regulations. Keeping ars off the street, or showing where lefties want their gun control agenda to reach.

Do you honestly believe, not in this 'community' setting, but by their vote, that an rmbill or an nca isn't judging you? And, by their 'conversations', does it seem like just because you write it, that they will come to the conclusion that they will 'judge not'? Hey, it's just a small example identity politics hypocrisy and the hypocrisy of folks right here saying, I only want your ar, but I decree that classic SxSs and sporting rifles are off limits.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bottom line liberals and Democrats are sick in the head.

Sidelock
Sidelock

How could dems vote for a gov in Virginia with the baggage of a documented racist past?

Judged him by the color of his skin and not the content of his character?

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

....Steve, my point has nothing to do with....what happens in your house. It's just an observation about admitting that there's a bit bigger picture than brushing something off as obnoxious.

....more like simply knowing your place. The old "judge not, lest ye be judged" thing. As to the bigger picture, there is no defense for the racist posts by your pals. Not sure how you connect defending those posts to closing of classic guns in Crete, Il.

Only conversation Steve, but sure folks judge without knowing what's in the heart. How else would you know my pals are racists?

Oh I don't know....maybe I read some of the posts in the now locked thread on page two. Who could possibly think Frank was racist after reading his posts? A big leap I know.

Here for the meltdowns
Page 11 of 19 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 18 19

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.