March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Owenjj3, SKB, Philbert, dukxdog, Marc Ret), 842 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I read the article, how true it is I do not know. I do know the current restrictions make that lever action tube fed rim fire rifle illegal because it holds over 10 rounds. Big changes in NZ since the shooting and none for the better from what I see.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
Big changes in NZ since the shooting and none for the better from what I see.

So Stevie, would you suggest that New Zealand shooters and gun owners should act like you and post data from known anti-gunners like Philp Alpers and GunPolicy.org... to support the notion that they really don't have anything to worry about?

Or are you just posting here because every post you make is more free advertising at Dave's expense?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The article is reasonably correct, albeit written by the victim himself.
Here is a more mainstream article on the raid:
https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/politics/...disturbing.html

At least we have one politician who seems to have some common sense over the whole debacle.
Interesting to note I have not seen any similar raids on gang headquarters recently, might be easier to pick on family guys.....

Sidelock
Sidelock

Okay, next question. While you have linked me to a report of the event written by someone other than the target, how is this event actually playing across NZ. Is the victim of the raid garnering sympathy from the general public? Is the press portraying him as a right wing loon? Is the press even covering it in a meaningful way or is it a blip and then relegated to the dustbin of news stories?

This kind of regulation is about to be enacted in Canada so I have some real interest. It's not theoretical up here, the way it is in the US.

For example, our recently elected government ran on a platform of specifically banning AR-15 rifles, among others. Despite the fact they are already what we call restricted. Where their only legal use is at an approved range and where they are part of a restricted weapon registry. And all this in a country where, at last check, no one ever has been killed by an AR-15.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

To me, the interesting part of the story isn't so much the law or the enthusiastic enforcement. There seems to be a very low bar for what's considered evidence and the way it's collected.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback

This kind of regulation is about to be enacted in Canada so I have some real interest. It's not theoretical up here, the way it is in the US.

For example, our recently elected government ran on a platform of specifically banning AR-15 rifles, among others.

This situation certainly is not theoretical in the U.S.

Virtually every Democrat running against our pro-2nd Amendment Donald Trump is actively calling for bans on AR-15's and other currently legal semi-automatic rifles. The majority of Democrats in Congress are also calling for the same restrictions and infringements upon law abiding citizens. They are also all pushing for Universal Firearms Registration in the guise of Universal Background Checks, which would make similar enforcement rather easy.

And sadly, we still have a number of Liberal Democrats right here on this forum who support these extreme anti-gunners, and who attempt to suppress even discussing the situation.

More than anything, they hate the very idea that anyone would point out how they are actively stabbing us in the backs, and that they are no help to the cause of gun rights.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
....They are also all pushing for Universal Firearms Registration in the guise of Universal Background Checks, which would make similar enforcement rather easy.

And sadly, we still have a number of Liberal Democrats right here on this forum who support these extreme anti-gunners, and who attempt to suppress even discussing the situation....

Blue states seem bent on leading the way. There's chatter that Classic Guns in il is closing its doors in a few months due to regulations and fees. For the anti AR folks, Classic has been known to do some slick case colors. Part of the reg. hoops that they have to jump through is keeping a digital logbook. Maybe, intended as another tool to backdoor register, 'better' than ocasional photographing or waiting for turn in.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Okay, next question. While you have linked me to a report of the event written by someone other than the target, how is this event actually playing across NZ. Is the victim of the raid garnering sympathy from the general public? Is the press portraying him as a right wing loon? Is the press even covering it in a meaningful way or is it a blip and then relegated to the dustbin of news stories?

For example, our recently elected government ran on a platform of specifically banning AR-15 rifles, among others. Despite the fact they are already what we call restricted. Where their only legal use is at an approved range and where they are part of a restricted weapon registry. And all this in a country where, at last check, no one ever has been killed by an AR-15.

It has not really had a high profile.
However I expect more raids to come, possibly quite a few over a short time as police want to look like they are getting tough on those that do not comply.
The main opposition party, while they were behind the initial laws, are now starting to side more with the licenced firearms owners as being unfairly targeted for something they did not do.
All I can say is I hope they win the next election this year.
The Labour/green (left)coalition not only seem hellbent on making life tough on firearms owners, but free speech also seems to be in their sights.(unless they agree with it of course!)
GDU

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you for informing us about what is going on Greg. I'm quite confident that our mainstream media will not report these things because it goes against their narrative. I wish you the best of luck in getting a change of government that is more attuned to the rights of law abiding gun owners.

It is very revealing to hear about this extreme police raid hell bent on confiscating a "Bunny Gun". We have heard the lie for years that the Liberal anti-gunners won't take our hunting guns. But the truth is they hate all guns. And I hope that you will continue to keep us informed. Maybe some people here will pay attention and your words will help us avoid going down the same path.

And interesting that you should mention the Liberal's assaults on free speech. Spend enough time here on this forum, and pay close attention to those who attempt to suppress or disrupt gun rights discussions. Hint... it ain't the Conservatives.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith

Normally I avoid posting in these argument threads that devolve into personal attacks, however your meme caught my eye in that it is a half truth, though funny.

You humorous meme is correct that they want to painfully regulate us to death, but the actual prosecution for violation provides an incredible paradox.

That paradox is while the left seeks to outlaw and control all sorts of things their actions during their last administration showed a desire to regulate without prosecution. Take the prosecution of criminals who falsely fill out background checks and are caught by the database. One would think that should generate some prosecution for perjury or fraud, instead we see the number of prosecution for an excess of 100,000 frauds was less than 0.1%.

Did the last administration not care about the violation of already existing gun laws?

Is this because the left wants criminals to be free?

Do they want current laws to fail in order to justify more laws?

Is it that the administrative state cannot possibly regulate everything they want to and therefore depend on good citizens to just comply?

The last administration never really answered the question and it is not possible to know why for absolute fact.

I argue current law already provides sufficient regulation and they need to be properly enforced.

When I am told about the need for new regulation because the old one’s failed, I always ask why did they fail to work, if it was we did not actually enforce them then I am left with the question why will new law or regulation be any different?

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.