April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hammergun, David Williamson, Ducks Rx, Jimmy W), 1,053 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,435
Posts544,708
Members14,404
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Jimmy W Online Content OP
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

for those who died in the 9/11 attack on the WTC? Have you prayed for those brave people who died trying to save others and sacrificed themselves?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jimmy,

I was crying at 8:46 when the neighborhood had the first of six moments of silence and ringing of bells. One for each of the four plane crashes and both tower collapses. I snuffed it up and thought of the 2 kids in my daughter's class who lost their fireman father.

What are the moments of silence like for them?

Sidelock
Sidelock

My cousin died in the towers on 9/11. His brother stopped by my office today. When I started to ask about today he started to cry and just left. I had to close my office door for a few minutes after that. Then my wife had Oprha on the TV when I walked thru the door after work. She was talking with familys of the victims. You would not last 5 minutes listening to them and not shed a tear. We all need to remember.

Bill G.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Several times in fact.
Lest we forget: it was ignorance and hate that allowed the criminals that brought this pain to our home and the world.
Let us, also, know that education and love will go very far in canceling out that hate and ignorance.
May the master of mankind, whatever name you call that master, grant us all the peace that only love can bring.
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Sidelock
Sidelock

John,

Whose ingnorance and hate are you referring to? I hope that you are not implying that we in the USA are somehow responsible for the 9/11 attacks. I await your prevaricating reply.

Phil

Last edited by philmurphy; 09/11/07 07:26 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Our chuch had a service today which included members of the NYFD. We have what's considered to be the best 9/11 memorial in the State with a cross made from one of the WTC steel beams.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Mann

Let us, also, know that education and love will go very far in canceling out that hate and ignorance.

Love and education will get you no where with these people...an eye for an eye.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I USED to think the same way. Now I realize no amount education can help that culture, and moderates are not going to help us. I hate to tell you, but like a good Bolshevik you are trying to make a thoroughbred out of a donkey, not possible!

Sidelock
Sidelock

PhilMurphy:
It is the ignorance and hate of those that consider us an enemy. That should be obvious to any reader of my post.
I find it exceedingly strange that this is the third BBS that you have come on to attack me. Attacks that come from nothing but my desire to live and let live.
As to my "prevaricating reply" (quote from your post) I suppose that I must reply as you would wish to see me do.
I think that you are one of the finest men that has graced a public forum. You never fail to bring joy to all that read your thoughts, as posted.
May our youth take you as an example to guide their lives and may those who live in ignorance fear your wrath.
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Sidelock
Sidelock

John 9/11 is not about joy.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.