March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ted Schefelbein, David Williamson, Southern Sport, Sandlapper), 276 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

As for grain flow, the blank in the photo has perfect grain through the wrist and needs no special treatment to compensate for weakness. To repeat myself a bit, the finished stock is a different color and has lots of figure where the blank is plain. Furthermore, the figured parts of both pieces have different shapes and sizes, and the crotch grain patterns aren't very close to one another. I'll venture a guess and say the finished stock is claro walnut.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 12/09/19 07:39 PM.

Bill Ferguson
keith Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
Keith, you're getting positively warm and fuzzy. Did you just join the Democratic Party? I wouldn't bet on it. Still, it's good we can agree on something.

No Billy, I did not become a Democrat. I started out as a registered Democrat, but quickly changed to "No Party Affiliation" when I saw how corrupt the Democrats I worked for were. Just getting hired to that State job required registering Democrat. Chances for promotion or advancement was dependant upon how much you donated to Democrat candidates. Several of my bosses ended up convicted of numerous felonies such as grand theft, macing, bribery, and extortion.

But as I said, I have no problem agreeing with you when you are absolutely correct. And it is evident that you know quite a bit about gun stocks and walnut, and that you carefully looked at these two pieces of wood.

And you are 100% absolutely totally correct. There is no conceivable layout or orientation that could get that finished stock out of that particular blank. I also agree that they are totally different species of walnut, and I feel the finished stock is wood from a thin-shelled variety, while the blank is undoubtedly feather crotch black walnut. I do know that English walnut can sometimes have feather crotch figure, but this blank ain't English. Too bad Maury Povich can't do a walnut DNA test, but even if he did, Bob would cry and say it was a lie.

I also have little doubt that SKB Stevie would agree with his invertebrate friend Crying Bob, even if he showed us photos of a hunk of pressure treated yellow pine 2"x 8", and claimed that the finished stock came from that.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.