April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (fallschirmjaeger, David Williamson, GSPWillie, bigblock, arrieta2, 1 invisible), 429 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,444
Posts544,807
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Hello All

I have a chance to purchase a 12 Ga Charles Daly Lindner shotgun. It is a very light dynamic gun and appears to be in excellent condition for its age.

It has the crossed pistols with HAL over top so correct me if wrong that would be 1892 or later?

It has three crown marks over the lettersL
S= smoothbore?
W=choke
U=final proof?

13/1 with a 12 in a circle which I believe identifies bore diameter and confirms 12 GA.

It also has two symbols that looks kind of like a necklace and I"m not sure what those mean.

On the bottom of the barrels (Damascus) it has the crossed pistols with HAL over top and either a K.S. or B.S. stamp on them. Barrel also has a number 1300 on it.

I have never owned a damascus gun before and this is giving me pause. Also I would need to adjust the cast for a left hand shooter.

The solid rib had some writing on it but unfortunately I did not take a picture of it.

It has some modest engraving with a really nice POW stock and with excellent figure and no cheekpiece which is a bonus for me.

Any ideas on fair market value for this gun assuming the barrels are checked and confirmed safe to shoot?

I have pictures posted on upland Journal but could not figure out how to upload them here.

UJ post on Charles Daly

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Brushbuster; 11/23/19 05:01 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It should have a area of Origin stamp on the water-table & possibly on the tubeset. The tubeset knitters would be KS. Would like to see an image of the >>necklace<<.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Thanks for the reply. The symbol I was not sure about is visible in the first photo in the link above. Unfortunately I do not have a photo site set up to post them here. I was curious if I could determine a year manufactured and model number for this shotgun.

Based from feedback from others the recommendation would be to see if the current owner would allows the gun to be evaluated by a gunsmith before purchase and Im not sure if they will allow that or not. Im also a little concerned about Damascus barrels. Never owned one and would want to be able to shoot this gun with low pressure loads like RST.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The site you reference is not accessible. Must need a password, account or similar? Yes, with images the modell as well as a year range can be established. Nothing really wrong with quality pattern welded tubes. I shoot them all the time.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

You could email the images to me & I can get them up or disperse them.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

The following is not the subject Lindner - Daly, but note that it appears to only have overhanging scears:

https://stevebarnettfineguns.com/charles...ty-sxs-12-gauge

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey sent me this image. It is likely that the odd intertwined ?EL is the Banc D'Epreuves de Liege provisional proof mark placed on the tubeset, and ground down with barrel finishing

This is on a c. 1885 Lefever push opener

Sidelock
Sidelock

Many thanks Drew for the effort but after some browsing and seeming a similar mark on Charles Daly - Lindner Nr. 768 I would now say it is a script L, denoting some tube effort by a Langenhan mechanic?

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-f...un_id=101319546

Also similar to Nr. 768(HAL over Crossed Sidearms), Nr. 1057(HAL over Crossed Sidearms) will have >>Prussia<< or similar on the water-table. Note that Nr. 380 has a Crown over Crossed Sidearms.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

BB, Does the gun have a dolls head? Does it have a cross bolt? Is it ejectors or extractor?

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.