March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hoot4570, playing hooky, jcn, GeorgeGibbs505, SKB, Pat Gidley), 858 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,018
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gunmaker did the only sleeving job I've ever needed. I don't care what he calls the process or the parts involved because he did a fantastic job on my Elsie Specialty. The man knows his craft...Geo

Last edited by Geo. Newbern; 10/29/19 02:13 PM. Reason: added pic
Sidelock
Sidelock

That does look like a good pipe-fitting job Geo. So what is the correct terminology for that forend? I call those things flotation pontoons. If King's Sterlingworth had one of those babies, it never would have sunk to the bottom of the Atlantic ocean during a blizzard.

Now all we need is a new thread to theorize about the cause of that barrel burst, with maybe some metallurgical analysis and photomicrographs of ferrous contamination or scale that somehow becomes manganese sulfide inclusions. I'd suspect an obstruction... possibly caused by the small graffiti artist who was writing things on the inside of the barrel.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gunmaker
Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
It doesnt actually take any more effort to use the terminology correctly. A craftsman with a good grasp of the terms and the ability to help a layman with the description of the work is a better craftsman.

Best,
Ted

How many have you done?

Gunmaker If you ever need a bike chain fixed Ted is the mAn to call.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A lot of those barrel burst are caused by gremlins.

Dang it George no wonder you're a little shaky at times...did you survive that ?

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Yup I have seen this one in the flesh, superb job on sleeping one barrel on the old LC Smith. Aaron does very nice work.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
A lot of those barrel burst are caused by gremlins.

Dang it George no wonder you're a little shaky at times...did you survive that ?

Worse'an that jOe, I bought it that way...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Must be part of our Southern Heritage....

Hard to pass up a nice tOmato stake.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Scheet'fer'brAinz
It doesnt actually take any more effort to use the terminology correctly. A craftsman with a good grasp of the terms and the ability to help a layman with the description of the work is a better craftsman.

Best,
Ted

How many have you done?

I don't think Ted is going to answer...let me take a wild guess.

0...ZerO...unO...zilzh

Ted just likes to run his mouth and try and make people look dumb.

His skill rAtio with that is also 0'

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

Best,
Ted

How many have you done?

Put that in yer big viSe and smoke it Teddy....ahhhhh

I knew Ted wouldn't touch your reply with 10 foot key board.

How's it go ROTFLMAO...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Someone please educate me. What exactly is sleeving a monoblock?

Are you talking the entire barrel 26-30+ inches or are you talking the first few inches?

I do make barrels for the old Winchesters, so Im not a complete novice. Just trying to expand my knowledge base.

Respectfully

Mike

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.