May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Chantry, welder, Hammergun, HalfaDouble), 364 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,807
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17
Sidelock
Sidelock

I don't think it was an apologia for Trudeau; more of another perspective from a guy with a brown face, arguably the coolest mayor in the country.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

No problem, Bill. We weren't there in Germantown, thy drove up from there to visit us here in Gettysburg- and do some of the great guided tours- best of them, IMO- is the trip to the farm Mamie and Ike lived in, after his tour as POTUS ended in 1960.

He had a 20 gauge Beretta skeet gun, a gift (of course) on display in a glassed-in case- they also showed photos of him shooting clays with it on the skeet field they had installed--lotsa great history, and the sea-food- Mama Mia. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I won't make any comments about your "non invitation" to your sister's home. Surely she knows your meds are in order.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks, Bill, appreciate that courtesy. As we have never met, barely know each other, would it not seem a bit strange to you, as it does to me anyway, for me to ask her and my brother-in-law to invite a complete stranger (to them) into the privacy of their domicile?. But, no offense taken.

Didn't you and the lovely lady Linda live in Gaithersburg? Needlenosed Drive perhaps? Seem to recall that for some PGCA papers from about 2009- when a GHE "project gun" Brad Bachelder and I developed- I wrote it up, Lori Bachelder took the photos (older shop at Michigan and Fuller Sts.- Grand Rapids) and viola. Still have that gun, but sadly, not Brad--great hunting pal, good friend-

Stay well- we are all getting older. In closing- your novel term of a "non-invitation" puts me in mind of a phrase from "Alice in Wonderland" -- the "Un-Birthday" I have to wait for the first week in Nov. to celebrate 78 years and holding-- Good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise too high-- Best wishes- Foxy

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 09/23/19 07:45 AM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes indeed, there has always been "Partizan Politics" in reporting. In the early 1860s around 100 people, mostly Newspaper Editors were Jailed, without trial or facing their accusers, just Locked Up because they dared to print articles contrary to Lincoln's politics.

It Tombstone AZ there was two newspapers, One ran editorials favorable to the Earps, the other favored the "Cowboys". Problem today is we no longer get "Two-Sided" editorials or TV coverage, it's at least 95% One-Sided.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 2-piper
Yes indeed, there has always been "Partizan Politics" in reporting. In the early 1860s around 100 people, mostly Newspaper Editors were Jailed, without trial or facing their accusers, just Locked Up because they dared to print articles contrary to Lincoln's politics.

$5.00 to Dave if King can successfully hi-jack this into a hockey thread.

I must say its been enjoyable discussing how jacked-up and racist Canada is.
Nice change of pace.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Foxy, the "non invitation" I was referring to was to you, not to me. I assume you are still on the "non invite" list at your sister's home.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Not the case, but whatever-- hope all goes well for you- will you be at the Southern in Oct.? If you are, give my best to Stan Hillis- makes me wish I were in Dixie with him for some "Jawja doves"-- aaaahhhh yesss-that's what I like about da South.. Great folks, superb food, fine wingshootin' we don't get here.. RWTF

Sidelock
Sidelock

King's responses here really say it all...

First, we have his response to Ted's excellent post on Climate Change. Ted made it real simple for Libtard simpletons. The photo showing zero sea level rise over the last 140 years at Sydney Harbor... the old Washington Post newspaper clipping from 1922 reporting on Global Warming... and of course the great pic relating the fact that polar bear populations have more than quadrupled in Al Gore's lifetime... all great stuff.

Yet King has no trouble dismissing the truth, and returning to the sheep-like bleating of Liberals. Anti-gun Liberal Left Democrats really have it made. They can feed their followers complete and utter bullshit, and their flock of brainless sheep accepts it without question.

We've had a fairly warm summer here, so last week, I took another look at the Historical Data on the National Weather Service website for several cities in my part of the world. For the city where I work, the hottest year on record was 1931. 2012 was the only year in the 21st century in the top ten, and it was in 6th place for hottest year. Other cities I looked at also confirmed that there is nothing either alarming or remarkable going on... except for all of the nutty Democrat Chicken Little's crying that the sky is falling.

Then we have King's reaction to the Justin Trudeau blackface scandal. We can see and hear his fake yawn and relative disinterest all the way from Nova Scotia. If it had been Trump or Bush in blackface, we'd never hear King stop crying about what horrible racists they are. This is the kind of crap that King uses to justify supporting anti-gun Democrats. What a fraud!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Gee, keith, I was anticipating more trolling from you on my voting next month for Trudeau, a climate-control leader who is also proposing ban of assault rifles and legislation for municipalities to ban handguns. Look at the science, ask Alaskans and Inuit what's going on. No climate deniers there.

Page 10 of 17 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.