May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (FlyChamps, HalfaDouble, Jusanothajoe, KDGJ, 2 invisible), 384 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,802
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wonder what they are attempting to accomplish by banning the sale of these magazines???

Do they believe we will rethink our love of shooting and hunting just because they won't sell us magazines anymore? Do they think they will be saving the public from those mass-murderous crazies if there are no gun magazines on the Barnes & Noble racks going forward?

Do they realize that there are hundreds of millions of legally owned firearms in this country and probably a trillion rounds of ammo?? If we, law abiding firearms owners, were the problem - believe me, they would know it!

Last edited by DAM16SXS; 09/10/19 11:08 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Also this week Levis CEO declared his support for gun control and matching donated funds. The list goes on of major corporations adding politics to their public immage.
The liberal lefts are insisting on burning their businesses attempting to draw battle lines against the conservatives, a fight that will just end up lowering revenues.
As the division increases it becomes obvious how clumsy and foolish their actions are!!
Where the hell are the stock holders and any other grown-ups??

Sidelock
Sidelock

The Levis guy has been on board for years-nothing new, there.

The uprising seems to be centered on a few open carry individuals, and Ive only met one guy in my life who ever did that, outside of peace officers. Per usual, those few individuals are guilty of nothing, other than making the sheep nervous. Study after study concludes the same thing. CCL folks offend at a staggeringly lower rate than typical citizens, and at a rate about 1/6th as often as licensed police officers.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: AZMike
....The liberal lefts are insisting on burning their businesses....

....Where the hell are the stock holders....

I think it's a business decision with the belief there is a profit to be made. When the economy is doing well, it does well for everyone and it will be used against those who refused to believe the last prez who said his vision of America was the new normal.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Proxy wars. Have you ever noticed that the present political parties, while waiting for the elections take out their anger on the innocent in order to antagonize the other side?

President Trump for example is giving hell to immigrants, while the left has picked out sportsmen to terrorize. I guess these proxy wars do serve to keep the blood boiling until the election days come around, but it seems to me that a lot of unnecessary roughness is going on.

I call a personal foul on the whole system...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Proxy wars. Have you ever noticed that the present political parties, while waiting for the elections take out their anger on the innocent in order to antagonize the other side?

President Trump for example is giving hell to immigrants, while the left has picked out sportsmen to terrorize....

Wrong. Our pro-2nd Amendment President Donald Trump is not giving hell to immigrants. He is taking action to stop ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

But the Left is indeed targeting sporstmen and other law abiding citizens who own and use firearms. Yet we have some fools here who still think it is wise to support Liberal Left anti-gun Democrats.

You can't fix stupid... but you can be smart enough to not embrace and welcome those who are stabbing all gun owners in the back via their support for anti-gunners.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a 01 FFL. Not a store front and hardly do much gun sales. I purchase a few guns at FFL only auctions. Anyway I sold a couple on GB and was paid with US postal money orders. However they were made out to the name from my GB account. My credit union refused to deposit them into my personal account, because made out to a business name. Ok no problem I can understand that. Said they would have to deposit into business account. Ok, went to court house and got a DBA sole proprietorship license. Went back to credit union to open business account. refused to because of the nature of the business. I argued that I went through extensive back ground check by FBI just to get a FFL license. Didn't care still refused. I pulled my money and closed my accounts.

Sidelock
Sidelock

TN's carry permit is juste quite common that, a carry permit. It does not distinguish between open or concealed carry. Some states permits are CCW (Carry Concealed Weapon) & do not apply to open carry.

I know several people who regularly & habitually carry open. I have had my permit since TN began them, but personally have never carried open.

Matter of fact when shooting up Church's began to be rather common 3 of our members at the local congregation where I serve as an Elder began to carry openly. My Son attends a large congregation in Huntsville AL & when they take up the collection they have an armed man at every door into the building.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have had a CCW or CCP for 37 years in the last three states Ive lived in. Always as a concealed weapon as my personal choice. Even my wife has been surprised that I was caring on more than a few occasions. I understand some feel the open carry is a deterrent, and perhaps they are right, but I carry for personal and family protection not to scare bad guys or make a target of my family.

Its getting to be a sticky situation where all these gun free zone signs are going up. If I continue to carry in a gun free zone and am forced to use I know that I am in some legal trouble. But better to stand trial, than be at the mercy of another thinking about how much I wished I had my own gun.

My pastor has no idea that Ive been carrying in his church for the last 15 years. My wife has never asked if I carry in church and dont ask, dont tell is my golden rule. But when the pastor was asked if perhaps our church should have an armed person just in case he said that perhaps we should look at it. I just smiled and walked away. Already taken care of I thought. Dont ask, dont tell.

Sidelock
Sidelock

For about a 20 year stint I was a part time local judge. The cops encouraged me to get a carry pistol since I had the right in GA to do so as a judge without a concealed carry license. I got used to it and obtained my CCL many years ago.

If I were a 1st responder I'd carry open of course, but as a private citizen I prefer the concealed carry. I don't expect to ever have to fill my hand in a bad situation, but I like the option...Geo

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.