April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 363 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,466
Posts545,091
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 30 31
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: Stan
I've stayed out of this topic, until now. Being that I have been mentioned, I will chime in. I just asked my sweet wife how she would rank health care, jobs and gun rights. Without any input from me she replied ...... "Gun rights first. Without the ability to overthrow a despotic government, and defend ourselves, the rest don't really matter". Every year that passes I am more glad I convinced her to marry me. Damn, what a woman!

SRH

Stan, as I have said many times to those struggling to get clarity on the subject of gun regulations.....they are the proverbial canary in the coal mine of governments.

A party or politician's stance on gun rights tells you all you need to know about them. The way they think and how much they will pander and prostitute themselves for votes.

+1

Thats a real good point. I find a lot of comfort and security in knowing with a class 3 stamp I can get a fully automatic machine gun, maybe equip it with a suppressor and then hold off the tanks, attack helicopters, stealth drones, laser guided bombs, cruise missiles and satellite detection that a despotic government is going to send out to make sure I fall into line. Thank god we have the technology we have now in 2019 as opposed to 1779. I hate a fair fight.

Last edited by nca225; 08/29/19 09:44 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is one thing to have a class 3 stamp, and actually pony up to buy the full auto, and feed it, quite another to believe you are, or could be, “that guy”.

You ain’t that guy, by the way.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

nca225,

Your attempt to glorify the unlikely, in an effort to mask the realistic, is not lost on me. But, it's so predictable. Practice up, man. Can't you do better than that?

Was Jefferson, and the other founding fathers who foresaw the possibility of tyranny, a total fool, or was he a visionary? We cannot answer that until the answer presents itself, but we are fools if we are not prepared for the worst.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

You are the sharpest tool is the cabal shed Ted!

You are 100%r right, I'm not that guy and probably neither are any of us. We would be dead before we even knew they sent out a drone.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

nca225,

Your attempt to glorify the unlikely, in an effort to mask the realistic, is not lost on me. But, it's so predictable. Practice up, man. Can't you do better than that?

Was Jefferson, and the other founding fathers who foresaw the possibility of tyranny, a total fool, or was he a visionary? We cannot answer that until the answer presents itself, but we are fools if we are not prepared for the worst.

SRH

Well, Stan, I do have to question person's state of mind if they think the 2nd amendment is going to save them from a despotic government with today's technology. The only defense against that are alliances, institutions and the courts.

With respect to the vision of the founders, it was visionary of Jefferson and et all, but that protection they put in there became realistically worthless the moment the standing army was created and along with it the military industrial complex to arm it.

Last edited by nca225; 08/29/19 09:56 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225

You are 100%r right, I'm not that guy and probably neither are any of us. We would be dead before we even knew they sent out a drone.

The point is not who would win that confrontation, love child. The point is what would be left when it was over. No government would be interested in winning an uprising that only left them with San Francisco and Portland.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein

The point is not who would win that confrontation, love child. The point is what would be left when it was over. No government would be interested in winning an uprising that only left them with San Francisco and Portland.

Best,
Ted

And likewise your point sure does assume a lot of bravery on the part of your compatriots. My bet is that they would lay down their arms and go home pretty quickly if confronted with the military sent by a despotic government.

Sidelock
Sidelock

My bet is few US servicemen would obey the order. I’d also bet they would quickly turn on UN forces that were involved.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh, so its the UN we're afraid of and not our own Government. I think there are some details on that you are not fully considering, like were would the UN army come from and who would compose it?

Last edited by nca225; 08/29/19 10:08 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

nca225,

SRH

Well, Stan, I do have to question person's state of mind if they think the 2nd amendment is going to save them from a despotic government with today's technology. The only defense against that are alliances, institutions and the courts.

With respect to the vision of the founders, it was visionary of Jefferson and et all, but that protection they put in there became realistically worthless the moment the standing army was created and along with it the military industrial complex to arm it.

So said those who sided with Britain, when the American colonies decided the risk was worth the possible reward. What was the ultimate result?

You place your hope in "the courts", I'll place mine otherwise.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 3 of 31 1 2 3 4 5 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.