March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Licensed to kill, bigblock, Der Ami, JDH, Jtplumb, 1 invisible), 361 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,993
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

FYI, "Rudyard," a NZ muzzle loading gun expert formerly from Sheffield many years ago helped me with Reilly 5512. He sent SN's of three Reilly's he'd owned and included this note. If you want to discuss it with him further, you could go to https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com or I could ask him for you. From the looks of it, per Boothroyd, a "ledger" exists somewhere of Henry SN's.

The Purdeys snap Thumb hole double 12 Central fire being much worn by the Keeper? is very hard to read the rib . I agree its more common to have the Pistol grip on a rifle but the barrel is normal 12 bore gun . .While UK tastes useually run to the Strieght hand stock many half pistol seem to be preffered in the Colonies . Not to say it might have had a rifled barrel option when sent out .( I do this with my own made guns ) . If you had the records ?.The Gold Escution with its H P maybe R insignia might record the buyer .. I had a Alex Henry Falling Block number 1922 450 3 & a quarter BP Express Geoffery Boothroyde got me a copy from the Ledger . it was sold to Victor Alexander Grosvenor . I later sold it to his Grace Westminster , Though he died recently. He I never met, All dealings via the Keeper . acting as his factotum . Perhaps Rielly have surviveing Ledgers ? . Ever pleased to oblige What Auction did the Rielies sell in what date ? I will write up an appeal for Rielly gun details for the 'Gazette' the Antigue Arms Asscn journal No saying what might pop up any true collector will want to know more & hopefully support your singularly usefull reasearches . I could run it by you ere I send it on. Regards Maurice

Last edited by Argo44; 08/11/19 09:53 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Um is this post in the correct thread ?

Alexander Henry Rifle Maker - Donald Dallas
Sidelock
Sidelock

"If you know other Alexander Henry owners, who probably dont access this forum, please let them know too!
If you know of museums with Alexander Henrys, let me know!"

Yes Richard....it was posted to relay the info on "Rudyard"'s Alexander Henry....

-- SN 1922; 450 x 3 1/4. BPE. Originally ordered by Victor Alexander Grosvenor (1853-1884) (Earl Grosvenor, whose family goes back to Charlemagne).

it was later sold to The Duke of Westminster (grandson of Grosvenor). The point was made that somewhere there are records for Alexander Henry guns.

Last edited by Argo44; 08/12/19 09:30 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

The makers still have the bound Alex. Henry ledgers. A complete listing of serial#s is posted in the Donlad Dallas book. I believe Richard is seeking any examples which still exist. I have several I need to gather the numbers on and forward to him.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ah ok ... thanks

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Correct on all three counts !

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.