May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
3 members (Guy Ave, Argo44, AGS), 555 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,502
Posts545,506
Members14,414
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Geo, its right not to trust politicians. My rule is that there are many whore a whole bunch less trust worthy. It s an absolute luxury to be debating the nuances of this admins gun control vs. the real world alternative.

Sidelock
Sidelock

All were familiar with guns and NRA, keith. They were a folklorist professor; a professional photographer; a scriptwriter professor, runner-up for Pulitzer Prize several years ago, with US and Canada best-seller; owner large insurance company,on national library board, nuclear power director, painter, sculptor, skeet shooter and angler, all round polymath. Disparate opinions of solutions, great conversation, on leaving they said they "wished they could talk this way at home." (The majority was women.)

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Geo, its right not to trust politicians. My rule is that there are many whore a whole bunch less trust worthy. It s an absolute luxury to be debating the nuances of this admins gun control vs. the real world alternative.

Craig, I've supported the president in pretty much all he has accomplished so far in his term. I fear that his desire for a 2nd term has led him to consider betrayal of our sector of his support to woo democratic fence sitters who'll never vote him another term anyway.

I've been a NRA supporter all of my adult life. It may be Lapierre has been in total control long enough to have decided he deserves more for his services than he is paid. I don't know enough about the situation to decide, thus the question...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't speak to "factual honesty", craig, because I'm not sure what you're referring to. I believe an increase in one sector of violence---I'd have to google it---has resulted in anticipated stricter gun reform, perhaps in next Parliament.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Broke my rule not to read lower case keith's posts because it was in response to my own questions. Shouldn't have done that. Won't make that mistake again.

NRA: So Ollie is a traitor in your opinion? Because LaPierre's board says so.

President TRUMP: I voted for him, didn't trust him though. If he does not protect gun owners from federal Red Flag legislation and "gun show loophole" matters he was not worthy of my vote.

RED FLAG: So that's just another liberal trick, but it must be OK if our man President Trump goes along with it.

...Geo

Geo, I replied to you because I know you don't really IGNORE my posts. If I ever decided to IGNORE your posts, I'd never ever even take a peek. That is because I mean what I say and tell the truth about such things.

I have looked into the allegations made by Ollie North, and am satisfied that he was acting in his own financial interests with his charges against LaPierre. I know LaPierre makes good money and has some nice perks. He is worth every penny, and is far better than an NRA Director who caves in and gives ground to anti-gunners. We have won far more than we have lost in this never-ending battle with anti-gunners.

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern

I've been a NRA supporter all of my adult life. It may be Lapierre has been in total control long enough to have decided he deserves more for his services than he is paid. I don't know enough about the situation to decide, thus the question...Geo

So you say you are an NRA supporter and don't know enough about these allegations to decide. That makes me wonder why you are posting crap like this here, and carrying the mail for the anti-gunners? The anti-gun Democrats have been working hard to reduce NRA membership and donations. I'm sure they appreciate your help. Of course, we know your history of trying to discredit me, and worshiping the ground that your anti-gun pal King walks on. We probably shouldn't draw any conclusions from piles of circumstantial evidence and smoking guns though.

I sincerely hope Trump does not give any ground to the anti-gunners. He has given them hope before, and remained loyal to the 2nd-Amendment. George H.W. Bush made the mistake of giving in to lying Democrats on raising taxes, and they rewarded his spirit of compromise by using his "No New Taxes" pledge to defeat him.

I still wonder why you would vote for someone you didn't trust, and waited until now to tell us you didn't trust Trump.

We all know that Trump and the NRA didn't propose Red Flag Laws. Again, that all comes from anti-gun Democrats, who are constantly pushing for more and more gun laws. They will never stop, and voting for more anti-gun Democrats and denigrating the NRA will only help them achieve their goals. Maybe that's what you really want... like a number of FUDD's, Libtards, and closet anti-gunners here.

I'll continue to fight... even when it means choosing the lesser of two-evils. Perhaps you wish you gave your vote to Hillary. Or maybe you really did. Your pal SKB also says he voted for Trump, yet he has slammed him quite a few times before and after the election. Makes one think... if you actually use your brain.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
All were familiar with guns and NRA, keith. They were a folklorist professor; a professional photographer; a scriptwriter professor, runner-up for Pulitzer Prize several years ago, with US and Canada best-seller; owner large insurance company,on national library board, nuclear power director, painter, sculptor, skeet shooter and angler, all round polymath. Disparate opinions of solutions, great conversation, on leaving they said they "wished they could talk this way at home." (The majority was women.)

No one from the front office of the Maple Leafs? Youre useless to me, King.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hahahaha... really King. You really expect us to believe that all of these movers and shakers trekked to rural Nova Scotia on a Thursday to share a table with a bloviator like you? And while all of these important and busy captains of industry, professors, and Pulitzer Prize runners up, etc. were paying homage to you... you spent much of the day posting your usual crap here, and frequently logging in to read threads?

Didn't they think it was rude for you to keep running to your PC to read threads and post crap here? Were they helping you, perhaps???

So tell us why these obvious imaginary Liberals can't "talk this way at home"? Denigration of the NRA by academia is all the rage among liberal professors, and we do have that 1st Amendment thing. I sure wish you'd have taken a "selfie" of you and all of your important imaginary guests.

Seriously, if your doctor ever sees the unbelievable made-up shit you post here, you are going to be in a strait-jacket, and locked up in a padded cell.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: PALUNC
I see Australia in our future.

Today's NYT...

"In 1996, Australia launched a mandatory gun buyback of 650,000 military-style weapons. While gun ownership per capita in the country declined by more than 20 percent, today Australians own more guns than they did before the buyback."

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't speak to "factual honesty", craig, because I'm not sure what you're referring to. I believe an increase in one sector of violence---I'd have to google it---has resulted in anticipated stricter gun reform, perhaps in next Parliament.

Dont worry about one sector, across the board, isnt Canada becoming more violent and dangerous due to the criminal use of firearms since the repeal of your registry? Its just an observation that you no longer write of the peaceful and loving Canadian culture as you did a few short years ago. Why would you want to reform Canadian citizens who abide by your laws? I dont get it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

We will, with out doubt, lose if we fight among ourselves. Keep our eyes on the prize. We have to make sure what ever they come up with does not include keeping a record of guns using background checks as an excuse. That is what they want(registration with another name). When they talk about "Gun show" and "internet sales" loopholes, we need to tell them to write into what ever they come up with that they should require FFL Dealers to perform background checks in gunshows as well as in their shops. Also tell them to require guns bought on the internet must be sent to an FFL Dealer to perform a background check on the buyer. If they know this is already required maybe they will be ashamed to admit trying to scam us.
Mike

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.