April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Parabola), 1,075 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,475
Posts545,170
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
bobski #551044 07/18/19 04:29 PM
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Do you have lights? Night shoots might be just the ticket to beat the heat. Just a thought.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Bob Cash #551048 07/18/19 05:59 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Bob Cash

I'm arguably the nastiest human being to walk the face of the earth

bOb you're being way tOo hard on yourself....I'd put you at least the 2nd or 3rd nastiest human.

Pm me an address I'll get these mOde1 21 butt hurt wipes on the way.

After you rub your butt hurt model 21 down try a couple on that nAsty mouth of yours.

Hope it helps bOoby bOy.

SKB #551050 07/18/19 06:09 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Also in a 5 stand I recommend shooting in the rain at night. You get to see your shot line every time. It helps alot

ed good #551052 07/18/19 06:28 PM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

how bout a member swap meet?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good #551055 07/18/19 08:36 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought the worst person in the world was a certain Nova Scotian.

Brad Marchand of course. (who were you all thinking of?)

Some mighty fine a pickin and a singin

https://youtu.be/Q9y80_IEokk

ed good #551062 07/18/19 10:40 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Drew;
I will leave it to God to judge my ancestors. I will stand by my statement though that IF they are judged to be Sinners, it will be on some account other than that they owned slaves. I can find & cite references of all sorts of things which are declared to be Sin. Here are a few examples:

Quote:
1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

Funny thing is I do not see owning a slave in that list. In fact Nowhere in the Bible will you see it declared a Sin to own a slave. You can read through Exodus & Deuteronomy & find God's rules in regard to their slaves, as to how they were to be treated, etc but they were not told they needed to get rid of them.

As to Abraham, yes he made some grievous mistakes & some of them he paid for dearly. He was though called the Father of the Faithful, not just because he believed God Existed, but because he OBEYED God's commands.

Same with Noah, it was declared in Hebrews 11 that By Faith, Noah Built an Ark.
Modern-day doctrines of men would say Noah believed in God, he believed it was going to rain & he would be saved from the flood in a big old boat, so he sat there on the river bank fishing & waited for God to send the boat.

In the 1800s slaves were valuable commodities, their owners did not as a whole mistreat them. They wanted them well & able to do a day's work.

The picture we are all so familiar with of a slave with his back beaten to a p[ulp was far & away & exception rather than the norm.

When Lincoln issued his "Infamous" Emancipation Proclamation" it was not for the slave's benefit. It, in fact, freed not a single slave which he had any jurisdiction over, read it for yourself. It was purely a political & military action. Politically it was a success as it got him re-electted as president which he was in great jeopardy of losing. Militarily it was a Flop. He Expected a mass exodus of the slaves & that confederate soldiers would desert to go back & tend to their farms. Wrong, for the most part, the slaves stayed LOYAL to their owners & stayed on tending the crops.

We all I suppose fully realize that is the way anyone would act who had been Bruttaly Mistreated & Abused.

I recommend you quit listening to so much "Politically Correct" Hogwash & dig deep
for some truths.

As for the Church, I do not belong to any Man's Denomination, nor did I Purchase a church. Although I was raised in the Church I was 17 when I decided I truly needed to be a Christian. I thus went forward & was Baptised for the Remission of my sins & was added to the New Testament Church which the Lord Jesus purchased with His blood upon the Cross & which was fully established on the First Pentecost following His Resurrection.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
2-piper #551063 07/18/19 10:49 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr.Miller not sure if even God himself can save a hypocrite hiding behind the cloth.

ed good #551066 07/19/19 12:11 AM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

miller: with all due respect, somehow the idea of using religious writings as justification for holding fellow human beings in bondage is well, unchristian, as i understand what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ...

and as to slaves remaining loyal, fact is, around 180,000 black men served as soldiers in the union army during the later half of the war...from the war's beginning to end many thousands of black men and women served the union cause in any way they could...wherever union armies went in the south, large numbers of slaves followed them...seeking freedom, which is man's natural state...

Last edited by ed good; 07/19/19 12:12 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good #551067 07/19/19 12:31 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Slavery is indefensible: that said, most of it has been perpetrated by people of color! Don't believe it? Arabs slaved East Africa for 7 centuries before the west even got started. Take Hamed bin Muhammad--sultan of Zanzibar, slaver. He was called Tippu Tibb, after the sound of his musket's detonation. He and his four generals, Clean Sweeper, Bitter as Bile, the Destroyer, and Angel of Death enslaved some 400,000 slaves. Now get this--only one or two out of ten made it back to the Middle East. Not counting those killed in war, two or three would die naturally in route back to Mombasa from the African interior, a couple maybe "while trying to escape" plus at least one from complications of resisting castration--all were made eunuchs--in Mombasa, and the last one dying either pulling into

ed good #551068 07/19/19 12:47 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Zanzibar or leaving (the sea bottom still looks like an oyster bed of skulls) and you have an idea of the gruesomeness of Arabic slaving. And that was just one generation of the 700 yrs! Muslim slaving still goes on--look at Boko Haram. Then you have the Spanish and Portuguese slaving to the Southern Hemisphere, blessed by Papal Bull. When America freed slaves, they had the option to be repatriated to Liberia. There were riots in Philadelphia and elsewhere TO STAY IN THE STATES! The freemen who went to Liberia enslaved the local Liberians, selling them for $15 ea. on the Islands of San Tome' and Fernando Po. They called native Liberians "bush-n----rs." White slaves? You betcha--not just all the "slavic" peoples, but those whom were cleared out of the "Poorhouses" perhaps first in Scotland, and also England. WHAT DOES ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THE TRLUE GENIUS OF THE AMERICAN CONSTITUTI0N AND DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE? Those documents are not nullified by the writers' personal lives. Friends, stop letting false guilt extort money from you--trillions of dollars in entitlements have more than made up reparations for those who chose to stay here. Nobody has a guilty conscience in South America! Move on.

Page 9 of 13 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.