May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (R. Glenz, 12boreman, obsessed-with-doubles, ksauers1, 2 invisible), 472 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,523
Posts545,802
Members14,420
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
JHJ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

So, it seems this site is populated with a plethora of metalurgists, ballesticians and other experts. I spent 35 years as a Field Service Engineer, as a front line troubleshooter. So I still ask, why did the pressure change direction? What changed after 10000 firings? Has anyone else noticed the hull case mouth isnt even close to normally opened?

Last edited by JHJ; 05/06/19 04:21 PM.
JHJ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I suggest a combination of garbage ammo and a seriously weakened chamber, over time, resulted in this failure. If one is to own such a shotgun, then use proper ammo.

Last edited by JHJ; 05/06/19 04:41 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Maybe I'm not looking at the same hull as you, but I don't see anything abnormal about the mouth of the hull.
Pete

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: JHJ
So, it seems this site is populated with a plethora of metalurgists, ballesticians and other experts. I spent 35 years as a Field Service Engineer....

....Has anyone else noticed the hull case mouth isnt even close to normally opened?

The crimp appears to be straightened out as if fired, but certainly damaged in a way that might reflect the way the barrel is damaged. Do you see signs that the shot and wad ejected laterally out of the barrel damage opening?

JHJ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Having loaded over 100,000 shotshells, that hull didnt open properly.

JHJ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: sxsman1
Maybe I'm not looking at the same hull as you, but I don't see anything abnormal about the mouth of the hull.
Pete
ok andy

Sidelock
Sidelock

If the chamber let go before the wads and shot went up the bore what would you expect to see. An incompletely opened hull or what remains of one.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Unless when they cut this hul opened and damaged the inner base wad, is does not look right and I said that from the beginning. It will be interesting to see when Brother Drew gets the empty hulls to see if one is missing the inner base wad.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

That information from the Sherman Bell experiments is all old news Drew, and repeating it again still won't make you any brighter. Neither will the use of big words that you probably don't understand.

I don't know why you are hung up on the fact that I haven't given you any wall thickness measurements from barrels which have had their chambers lengthened???... aside from your childish and insecure need to attempt to discredit me. Miller and I spent considerable time trying to explain that YOUR assertion that chamber lengthening in vintage doubles could result in GREATER WALL THICKNESS at the end of the recut chambers was wrong. Miller even gave you a picture to simplify it, but you still didn't want to accept the obvious.

That should have told everyone here what is glaringly obvious to me. You are not a shotgun barrel expert, and you don't have what it takes to ever get there. Copy-and-Paste regurgitation of other people's work and metallurgical terms isn't going to change that. And all the measuring instruments in the world are not going to change that either. Nor will contacting Zircon again.

And your decision to launch your personal attacks on me over the last couple years insures that I'll continue to remind everyone what a dim-witted phoney you are. I'm guessing that isn't the "eternal significance" you spoke of in your "Down One" personal attack thread. I'm not sure why you call me William. I have been called Keith since I was an infant. But if that makes you and your friend SKB feel like more of a man... then by all means keep on doing it... You both need all the help you can get. Have a nice day.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
your decision to launch your personal attacks on me

Not enjoying being treated how you treat others Billie? I find that incredibly amusing.

Speaking of not being smart, you are the only board member that I know of that has admitted to criminal conduct on an open forum. Now that is DUMB, but quite possibly just another of your innumerable lies.

Originally Posted By: keith
Hi there Shortshells. I see you are making your second post with your new identity. Still too cowardly to use your other Doublegunshop screen name? Do you still think I don't know who you are? You should have covered your tracks better when you sent a cowardly anonymous intimidation letter to my house back in December. Your cyber security sucks and you let me right into your hard drive up there in N.Y. Too late to close the barn door now.

Did the other shoe ever drop?

Care to share any of the evidence you claim(a total lie) to have about me being involved in a conspiracy to silence you?

Looks like beautiful weather in your part of Pennsylvania today Bill, maybe get out and get yourself some fresh air.

Have a great day.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.