April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (earlyriser, Jimmy W, 78CJ, 3 invisible), 399 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,209
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Sidelock
Sidelock

Interesting statistic from the French govt: Christian churches suffered over 1,000 desecrations/attacks last year. Jewish synagogues in France suffered over 500 attacks. Considering that there are about 60x as many Christians in France as there are Jews . . . looks as if, once again, the Jews are on the short end of the stick.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The "Wall", you refer to, where 2 of my best friends have their names inscribed on for Eternity, is adjacent to the Reflecting Pool, NOT in Arlington National Cemetery-formerly the lands belonging to CSA General Robert E. Lee--

You are 100% correct about your analysis of the Church's wealth and corrupt practices- and as I have several Sicilian "Goombahs' I also buy into your comparison with the Mafia--Two of their precepts with which I fully agree are: "Revenge is a dish which is best served cold" and the code of Omerta-- silence to the death-- When you keep a secret- it is "Subito el dente"- meaning- kept behind the teeth.

So, why doesn't the Holy See admit their hidden wealth and put that on the line to rebuild Notre Dame Cathedral? Good question, and one that most likely will never be answered, and more than where does the Church send the child molesters in robes??

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 04/18/19 07:56 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Christians and Jews come under the same umbrella when it comes to much of the persecution by heathens, because we both believe in the same God, the main difference being that the Jews do not believe Jesus was the Messiah. That difference is not that important to those who are persecuting them. Jews will always face great persecution. Persecution of Christians will only increase, over the long term, until the great "Reckoning". This should be abhorrent to believers, but not a surprise.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Imagine what it would be like if you were in the minority and they were in the majority.

So many guns, so little time!
Sidelock
Sidelock

Oh those poor Christians, they have had it so rough from being tossed into the pits with loins to being forced to sell a cake to the LGTBQ community. I can only imagine the burden of persecution you feel each and every time a priest does the perp walk after decades of raping alter boys.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Tender- loins?" "Sir-loins" humm- always thought the cruel Romans preferred to use the "King of Beasts" to eliminate those pesky Christians- Androcleas being the noted exception-- Of course, if a Roman governor chose to use the Detroit Lions, the point spread would greatly favor the Christians--RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
"Tender- loins?" "Sir-loins" humm- always thought the cruel Romans preferred to use the "King of Beasts" to eliminate those pesky Christians- Androcleas being the noted exception-- Of course, if a Roman governor chose to use the Detroit Lions, the point spread would greatly favor the Christians--RWTF

I can think of someone I’d like to throw to Da (Chicago) Bears...

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the correction, Fox.

As for who pays, I think the money is coming in as it should. I'd rather the Vatican stayed out of it. Our mostly Catholic region has already paid a high financial price for its sexual abuse, selling off parish churches and properties, and if the super-rich are anteing up, that money comes from commoners all over the world; we're participating, too. Litigating for payment doesn't seem right; better our nickels and dimes, dollars and euros, so all of us are a part of it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Why are you here nca? To demonstrate your intellectual and moral superiority to us deplorables and delusional Christians? Do you get some rush with the sense of power when someone rises to your baiting? Do you really think any father here doesn't want pedophile priests (or any cleric) and those that enabled them, likely including the last Pope, to spend the remainder of there disgusting lives in prison?
Does spewing your venom somehow lessen the pain of the terrible thing that happened that has so filled you with hate, which is destroying you and any relationship with someone who cares about you? Are your really any different from Keith?

Resurrection Day is near. We can be regenerated, by the blood of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I expect more from people then just wanting the individual perpetrators to get justice Drew. Its the institution as a whole that sanctioned, enabled and protected the pedophiles and it still gets the masses to go to church and pay $ for the assurance that their everlasting soul will have a happy afterlife. How can you be sure that none of those donations go to the legal defense fund?

Seems kind of selfish that a christian will look the other way and still participate and spread the institution's dogma so they can get into an imaginary theme park at the end, forget about all the kids that got raped in the meantime. But then again , looking the other way when people are being persecuted is the Church's thing right? They sure turned a blind eye to the final solution.

And then there is that persecution complex christian's get when they cant discriminate. Got to love the hypocrisy of that one.

I know you do missionary work in South America. With respect to bringing needed supplies and medical care to the needy, in and of itself is noble. You don't need religion to do that and be a good person.

And if you get pissed at me for pointing this stuff out, your issue isn't with me, it should be with the institution that does it.

Last edited by nca225; 04/18/19 11:28 AM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.