April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Longknife), 1,024 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,128
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Maybe, we should worry about who is put in charge of reasonable taxes...

I vote for KY.

Originally Posted By: KY Jon

Then we will print money and be the United States of Venezuela.

Heck, add Great Britain too.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have no interest in semiautomatic rifles of any kind, but I do think that the takings clause of the 5th amendment might apply. If the government is going to confiscate items that were completely legal when purchased, it ought to pay the owners the value of the things taken.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Remington40x
it ought to pay the owners the value of the things taken.

That payment will come from another tax on you.

O.M

Sidelock
Sidelock

Remington 40X,
If we want the simi-auto guys to help us when our guns are in danger of being taken, we have to help them when theirs are in danger. The other side wants to break us apart, then take us on one little group at a time. Did you ever wonder why they were able to say 18 year olds shouldn't be able to buy long guns, since they can't buy pistols? It's because someone made a "reasonable compromise", before, to disallow purchase of pistols by them. I bought my first single shot 22 by mail order, when I was 12 years old; somebody "compromised" all that away too.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: moses
Originally Posted By: Remington40x
it ought to pay the owners the value of the things taken.

That payment will come from another tax on you.

O.M

Without any doubt.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Defending bump stocks and saying that their ban is just the tip of an ice burg strikes me as foolish, and in the long run, harmful to gun rights. What mature, responsible person would want a bump stock? Someone who finds using one to be amusing is someone whose judgement ought to be questioned. When gun owners support any damned thing having to do with firearms, we present ourselves as morons. As for confiscatory taxation, didn't you just get a break? Who are we going to raise government revenue from if we don't tax the ones who have all the wealth?

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

So given that this is a fate accompli, or whatever, are bump stocks actually being turned in? Are there bumpstock burnings going on all over the country? I have not heard a peep about what is actually happening.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
So given that this is a fate accompli, or whatever, are bump stocks actually being turned in? Are there bumpstock burnings going on all over the country? I have not heard a peep about what is actually happening.

Good point Brent. I doubt the Trump administration will push the enforcement other than stopping production. President Trump will very likely be about as energetic with enforcing the bump-stock ban as Obama was about enforcing our immigration laws...Geo

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

These little suckers will be next. We had something similar when I was in college in the 1970s. We all bought Marlin tube feed .22 rifles (model 60s) and could empty the 19 round tube in a matter of a few seconds. Couldn't aim it worth a damn, but you could mow down a bunch of beer cans in a nano-second.

https://www.galatiinternational.com/bmf-trigger-activator-1022-22-rifle-rapid-fire-crank.html

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....When gun owners support any damned thing having to do with firearms, we present ourselves as morons....

So, if I like your gun and accessory list, then I'm not a moron? My aha moment!

Page 4 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.