April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Hugh Lomas, LeFusil, Ted Schefelbein, Wild Skies, 1 invisible), 388 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,481
Posts545,233
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Why do you think you need TSs inside 35 yards ?

When you hunt a turkey out of an enclosed blind with decoys you have defeated a turkeys only means of defense...his eye sight.

It should be against the law...just as 7 and 9 shot should be against the law to shoot a turkey with.

Why do you think you need 1.75-2 oz. of #4 lead inside of 35 yards?

Next time you have a turkey coming in and he's out of your sight, start singing "Turkey in the Straw' or howl like a coyote and see how that works for you if you think his eyesight is his only means of defense.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
The 1 5/8 oz load of TSS 9's contains 580 pellets.

Gil;
I'm a bit confused by this statement. Is that supposed to read 5/8 oz of shot? And is this a volume measure using a measure graduated for 5/8 oz of lead shot. 5/8 oz of chilled lead would count to about 599 pellets & would weigh 1.022 oz using the 18:11 ratio.
What kind of powder does one have to use to push an oz of shot from a Fo-Ten?

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: 2-piper
Quote:
The 1 5/8 oz load of TSS 9's contains 580 pellets.

Gil;
I'm a bit confused by this statement. Is that supposed to read 5/8 oz of shot? And is this a volume measure using a measure graduated for 5/8 oz of lead shot. 5/8 oz of chilled lead would count to about 599 pellets & would weigh 1.022 oz using the 18:11 ratio.
What kind of powder does one have to use to push an oz of shot from a Fo-Ten?

There are approximately 360 #9 TSS pellets in an oz. I have bought some batches higher in count, closer to 380 per ounce meaning slightly smaller than 9. The actual density exceeds 18 g/cc. According to the provider it's 18.5. In TSS 9.5, there are 420 pellets/oz. In 1 5/8 oz. of TSS 9's there are 580 using the 360 count pellets. It is my understanding that there are 585 lead #9 in an ounce. I am not aware of a 1 oz. .410 load. Gil

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: GLS
Why do you think you need TSs inside 35 yards ?

When you hunt a turkey out of an enclosed blind with decoys you have defeated a turkeys only means of defense...his eye sight.

It should be against the law...just as 7 and 9 shot should be against the law to shoot a turkey with.

Why do you think you need 1.75-2 oz. of #4 lead inside of 35 yards?

Next time you have a turkey coming in and he's out of your sight, start singing "Turkey in the Straw' or howl like a coyote and see how that works for you if you think his eyesight is his only means of defense.

Wish I could think that fast, Gil. Well played.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bravo..bravo

Answer a question with a question...guess he learned that in lAw skool.

Fast on his feet...What he said was silly it took some really fast thinking to come up with an hour and a half later.

A turkeys only real means of defense his eye sight...to think otherwise just shows you learned nothing hunting them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
It should be against the law...just as 7 shot should be against the law to shoot a turkey with.

Do you still feel it was okay to kill five turkeys in a day in TN? You justified it to me by saying it was "legal". Now, you ain't got all them turkeys to hunt, like you did. Told me so yourself.

So, it's okay to be legal and kill five a day, but not okay to be legal and kill one?

SRH

Stan glad you survived eating the toad'e frOg.

The population decline state wide had nothing to do with me killing those turkeys.

Want to take another crAck at me jOe'ja toad bOy ?

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

As to noise in the turkey woods, a turkey has remarkable hearing. Bet you've busted more than one bird moving to one in the dark on the roost. At the first turkey sound a hunter makes, if he hears it, the gobbler knows to the tree where the sound came from. Not all noise spooks them all the time even on occasion walking under them in the dark. The noise of a shotgun blast sometimes spooks them, sometimes it doesn't. A turkey hears thunder often and maybe a shot sounds like a nearby lightning strike. I've shot enough birds to know that his nearby buddies sometimes will run; sometimes they won't and come in anyway. I've seen them stand around and spur the shot bird. Hunt'em enough and you'll see it. I've heard them gobble to a nearby shotgun blast and to a distant M1 Abrams firing from tank tables. But no one recommends singing "Turkey in the Straw" or "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning" or randomly shooting the gun into the air as part of a hunter's bag of tricks. And, no, Frank, no one hovers at the keyboard for hours or loses sleep thinking of a response to your kindergarten level insults like "toad boy". Gil

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
It should be against the law...just as 7 shot should be against the law to shoot a turkey with.

Do you still feel it was okay to kill five turkeys in a day in TN? You justified it to me by saying it was "legal". Now, you ain't got all them turkeys to hunt, like you did. Told me so yourself.

So, it's okay to be legal and kill five a day, but not okay to be legal and kill one?

SRH

Stan glad you survived eating the toad'e frOg.

The population decline state wide had nothing to do with me killing those turkeys.

Want to take another crAck at me jOe'ja toad bOy ?

Actually no, I've gotten bored and I'm bowing out. It's no fun doing a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Guess you'll have to find another recipient for your ........... "wisdom". laugh

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It sure is Stan when "whit" is something you lack...

Did you ever have it or has father time taken it from you.

Truth is your panties are still in a wad over your pigeon gun thread....you know it and eYe know it.

I knew you'd come after me when I poked fun at your pigeon gun. You could've took it in humor like it was intended....

mr.Stanley you're alot easier for me to read as any gobbler.

Sidelock
Sidelock

And your stupid chit is not worth a reply counsler....

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.