April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (CJF, David Williamson, Argo44, graybeardtmm3, 2 invisible), 455 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,479
Posts545,209
Members14,410
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's because of his religious afiliations...

Sidelock
Sidelock

People who are dedicated registered shooters who take competition seriously know what shoots are considered to be "major", that draw shooters from across the country.. Regionals especially, but several others on the East and West coasts, The Gamaliel Cup in Nashville, a couple or three in Texas, along with the Nationals. You could ask either Wendell Cherry or Anthony Materese, just two who quickly come to mind, about those that are referred to as "major". The Wisconsin Ironman is not one of those., But I'm sure it's a good shoot.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 02/20/19 08:58 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
JHJ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I forgot it's more important for you to win an argument then to seek the truth. so has everybody else here. this discussion is complete, and you obviously don't know what you're talking about. done Larry.

Last edited by John Jankowski; 02/20/19 10:26 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
....just how does a guy from SC determine that a sporting clays shoot in Wisconsin with as many participants as the state championship shoot isn't a major shoot? It's a registered shoot. They're shooting sporting clays. What's the "huge difference"? What defines a "major shoot"? Seems like participation would be one consideration.

And "local"? My dictionary defines that term as "not widespread". Well, you've got a spread of 130 miles or so from Navarino on the east to Medford on the west. That's a pretty fair spread right there. But shooters come to the Ironman from well outside that already quite widespread "local" area.

Larry, let's say all of the shooters are serious in their own unique way. In the big northern Wisconsin shoots, how many of them demand the ultimate in reliability, the double trigger? How many of them demand, or at least strive for a better score for themselves?

I would like to ask though. If a front hand can return to exactly the same position after shucking a pump action gun, why do some folks shift their rear hand ever so slightly when using double triggers? Wouldn't some of these movements, both intentional and unintentional, be eliminated with other gun configurations?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Jankowski
I forgot it's more important for you to win an argument then to seek the truth. so has everybody else here. this discussion is complete, and you obviously don't know what you're talking about. done Larry.

Does he ever ?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Well John, if you can't define the terms you use (like "major shoot"), then how does one seek the truth? John Roberts says it's a shoot that draws shooters from all over the country. I'm not sure that definition would apply to ANY sporting clays shoot we have in Wisconsin. The Iron Man does draw shooters from all over the STATE, as does the state Sporting Clays Championship. I think that's about the best we can do.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Me and a couple of buds went to the Spring Grand yesterday, a major trapshooting event--120 5 man squads for the doubles, more for the handicap event. I am not shooting registered trap any more-just went to look at the vendors row.
Walking the line Bill and I noted that it looked like the guns have taken a huge turn towards gadgetry! High ribs, spring stocks etc. We saw LOTS of vendors guns over $20,000.
This is a major tournament of course but it seems like the contest is who can spend the most $$ on hardware.
I am happy to be shooting for fun with my humble Remington FE, I hope that as I can shoot some vintage shoots it doesn't turn out like what I have described above.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Craig, I think you know the answers to your own questions. Most guns with double triggers are sxs. How many shooters today start out shooting sxs? If they start out shooting an OU, that's likely what they're going to continue to shoot.

As for one's rear hand . . . which hand guides the gun, Craig--front or rear? The rear hand is just along for the ride, and to pull the trigger. A very slight movement of the rear hand isn't likely to make much difference.

Let's face it . . . those of us hanging out on this BB are an anachronism. We're misplaced in time, by about a century. We should count ourselves lucky that we're not much worried about the influenza epidemic and don't have to worry about prohibition of alcohol in the near future.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown

Well John, if you can't define the terms you use (like "major shoot"), then how does one seek the truth? John Roberts says it's a shoot that draws shooters from all over the country. I'm not sure that definition would apply to ANY sporting clays shoot we have in Wisconsin. The Iron Man does draw shooters from all over the STATE, as does the state Sporting Clays Championship. I think that's about the best we can do.

Ah - ah - ah, Larry. You're not going to twist this one from what you originally said, to now being only about Wisconsin. You said this, initially..........

"If you look at the classifications of shooters at a big shoot (I've both scored and pulled at the Wisconsin Iron Man, where there will be several hundred shooters), you'll likely find more shooters in lower classifications versus higher ones."

Notice where you said at a big shoot? You didn't say a Wisconsin shoot and you didn't mean one. That was what caused me to post a rebuttal. You absolutely were not talking about only Wisconsin shoots, which you now seem to want us to believe.

You may be trying to pee on my leg, but you ain't making me believe it's raining. You're wrong, you know you're wrong, but as John said, you won't admit it. And, with that, I'm done with it too. Squirm on.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
JHJ Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Exactly right Stan.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.