April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (GETTEMANS), 635 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,142
Members14,409
Most Online1,299
Apr 26th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
....it was not a good thing that the Coast Guard was included in the shutdown. Do you think it was a good thing, Craig?....

I suppose it depends on how you frame it, huh, Larry. I don't think the shutdown or your Republican primaries were about one trick ponies.

That's not even a good evasion of my question, Craig. And I think I need a translation of what you mean by "one trick ponies" in this case. I'm starting to get a whiff of what those ponies leave behind them in the pasture.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: L. Brown
....I think I need a translation of what you mean by "one trick ponies" in this case. I'm starting to get a whiff of what those ponies leave behind them in the pasture.

Morning Larry, sorry for being too clear.

My point, and it's a good thing we can stand being around ourselves, is you say you would have voted R if another candidate made it through the primaries. I took a different view of the value that you tried to peddle with voting third party.

I prefer to ask you what policy you lost out on because your preferred Republican primary candidates didn't win, you preferred evasion. Right?

It's no big deal Larry. You point the optics of the shutdown at the President, I say a Bill has to come out of congress and land on his desk for signing.

How about this, spend a little pungent lobbying effort on switching the Coast Guard to essential? Except for a little tweaking, and your aroma therapy, didn't the shutdown prove that fifteen or twenty percent of the gov could get trimmed off and only bs'ers would notice?

Sidelock
Sidelock

You are wasting your ink on him....he was brain washed in the Middle East.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

A bill did come out of the Republican Congress and our President failed to sign it.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sometimes you pick a fight today thinking it will make a future fight easier. Nancy Pelosi is about as popular with Trump voters as poison ivy on a titty. So he picks this fight today so he can run against both the Democratic nominee and Nancy in 2020. If Nancy overplays this she will lose a lot of swing support. Might be enough to decide the election. This shutdown is all theater.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Glad to see I am not the only one who sees it for what it is. About as real as pro wrestling.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

A local guy and two of his buddies and their retriever were hunting Redheads on the Gulf coast during the shutdown. The guys were all young, teens and twenties. They are sons of friends of mine.

They weren't seeing any ducks close in that morning so they went out on the flats to look for a raft of ducks and fish a little. Unfortunately for them, they spun off their prop and didn't have much of an anchor. They drifted off into deeper water and were hit by a wave big enough to capsize the aluminum duck-boat they were in.

They had cell phones and called one of the Daddies. He placed an emergency call to the Coast Guard and was informed that because of the shutdown they were grounded and could not initiate a search until the boys had been missing for some specific period of time. This was after being informed that the boat was upside down and the three boys and the dog were riding the hull in bad waves.

The Daddies got in touch with a volunteer who initiated a search but couldn't find them. Finally the time ran for the Coast Guard to activate. Their helicopter found the boys 24 miles off shore at midnight, and they were rescued. The boys and the Lab all repeatedly slipped off the hull of the boat but all were young and tough enough to survive the ordeal.

That delay on the part of the Coast Guard was not 'political theater', it was government dereliction in a life threatening situation. It should never have happened...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Theater by the Demonic Party.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
Glad to see I am not the only one who sees it for what it is. About as real as pro wrestling.

You're kidding right? If a 'constituent' believes pro wrestling is reality, then it would be foolish not to understand that they are being fed pro wrestling. What are you implying, that you can convince some voters to change their mind and think?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
....That delay on the part of the Coast Guard was not 'political theater', it was government dereliction in a life threatening situation. It should never have happened...Geo

Thanks for sharing your experience Geo. The resources and capability were available, an ideologue made the policy.

Page 12 of 20 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.